+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 170 of 299 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It absolutely wasn’t a ‘loaded question’. It was a completely open question and I was genuinely interested in the response.

Clearly you’ve misunderstood what a loaded question is so here’s an example...GP, are you ever going stop your wannabe controversial point scoring nonsense and return to being the valued poster you once were?

Andy...I didn’t infer that there was any UK selfishness...I was simply asking our NL correspondent what the Dutch attitude to the UK’s handling of the vaccine roll out was.
    Whereas you clearly do not see the similarity between the words loaded (laden) and leiden, unlike MA who clearly got my whimsical point.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whereas you clearly do not see the similarity between the words loaded (laden) and leiden, unlike MA who clearly got my whimsical point.
    Which might perhaps have been funny, or at least whimsical, had it actually been a ‘loaded’ or even a ‘leading’ question. But seeing as it wasn’t it just appeared as another piece of contrived nonsense.

Which might perhaps have been funny, or at least whimsical, had it actually been a ‘loaded’ or even a ‘leading’ question. But seeing as it wasn’t it just appeared as another piece of contrived nonsense.
    He might claim "poetic licence" rA.

Not government related but it is Covid related. Had a chat with a Slford born, ManU supporting mate yesterday who lives in Boston, Massachussets.

Only gone and got Covid. He's not sure where he got it but, and here's a warning to all, he started to show symptoms 15 days after his first dose of the vaccine. I don't know which one.

So, if you've had the vax recently or are about to get it, remember the ongoing safety rules of hands, face, space. Stay safe until the vaccine has had time to do its job.

Personally I'd change the rules to hands, face, slap and I know who'd be getting #3

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Not government related but it is Covid related. Had a chat with a Slford born, ManU supporting mate yesterday who lives in Boston, Massachussets.

Only gone and got Covid. He's not sure where he got it but, and here's a warning to all, he started to show symptoms 15 days after his first dose of the vaccine. I don't know which one.

So, if you've had the vax recently or are about to get it, remember the ongoing safety rules of hands, face, space. Stay safe until the vaccine has had time to do its job.

Personally I'd change the rules to hands, face, slap and I know who'd be getting #3
    People are daft, MA. No one has anything approaching full protection until three weeks after their second jab although watching the news yesterday there seems to have been a common sense bypass as far as that simple fact is concerned.

For me the relevant date is 15th May and until then I’m observing all precautions. The worry, maybe, is the current cluster of the SA variant in Wandsworth and Lambeth. Between 40-70 cases so far I believe. Not sure what the implications are but it has to be a concern.

People are daft, MA. No one has anything approaching full protection until three weeks after their second jab although watching the news yesterday there seems to have been a common sense bypass as far as that simple fact is concerned.

For me the relevant date is 15th May and until then I’m observing all precautions. The worry, maybe, is the current cluster of the SA variant in Wandsworth and Lambeth. Between 40-70 cases so far I believe. Not sure what the implications are but it has to be a concern.
    That bit made me realise we haven't seen any reports of variants reported over here for a week or two. Have they gone or is the info being withhed?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    That bit made me realise we haven't seen any reports of variants reported over here for a week or two. Have they gone or is the info being withhed?
    It was just deemed worthy of a small mention in the Independent, MA. At the moment everything here takes second place to the DoE’s death and Wetherspoon’s opening. We seem to have lost our perspective.

They've introduced surge testing in those London Boroughs due to 'increasing concerns'!!

It was just deemed worthy of a small mention in the Independent, MA. At the moment everything here takes second place to the DoE’s death and Wetherspoon’s opening. We seem to have lost our perspective.
    I was referring to over here rA. Variants appear to have become conspicuous by their absence in the media.

Well it's a good job Meghan has bombed the funeral then.
    You think the DOE death was bad?

Page 170 of 299 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)