+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 172 of 299 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Did you call her out for that? Herbal remedies/5G/blah blah is one level of idiocy but not understanding the basic maths of taking the vaccine versus not doing needs arguing against (as I have, with care home folk not nurses but same ballpark)
    There’s a time and a place AF. She had also voiced support for Brexit but seeing as she was addressing my body with a sharp pointed object at the time I opted for discretion over valour on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    There’s a time and a place AF. She had also voiced support for Brexit but seeing as she was addressing my body with a sharp pointed object at the time I opted for discretion over valour on this occasion.
    Point taken (!) Mrs F dismissed our window cleaner for being a Brexit bore, I did the same with one of my painters. Regretably I can't sack my inlaws for that, although Mrs F has been tempted

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well, took the old man for his second dose today. Absolute nightmare. Took 3 hours to get through from our appointment time.
    The delay queue, was an hour 30 behind and once in took ages to get seen to.
    Why?

1. Due to the blood clot stories, they have to run through an extra info sheet and you only get the jab, after a doc or senior nurse asks you bucket load of questions about side effects and and illnesses from jab one.
    2. Some bright spark, thought it was a good idea to call in jab ones, to mix with the jab twos.
    The result was the described queue and seeing as jab ones were the over 70's, they quickly ran out of wheel chairs and normal chairs, before they keeled over. Total cock up for me.

As a side comment, Serco seem to have employed the third world on minimal wage, to be involved with this.
    Now that is something the government wants clobbering over, for ever giving that company a contract again.
    Surprised at that Tricky. One extra question because of ‘blood clot tales’...and one about initial reaction to jab one...took all of 15 seconds. Slightly longer queue this time but still back in the car within two minutes of my appointment time. No problems at all...possibly more complicated for those who answer in the affirmative about blood thinning meds, otherwise no hiccups at all.

Surprised at that Tricky. One extra question because of ‘blood clot tales’...and one about initial reaction to jab one...took all of 15 seconds. Slightly longer queue this time but still back in the car within two minutes of my appointment time. No problems at all...possibly more complicated for those who answer in the affirmative about blood thinning meds, otherwise no hiccups at all.
    Pleased for RA.
    I think the issue was that a doctor, or senior medical was made to ask the questions.
    Dunno why, but the delay was around waiting for one of them to be available. The old ones suffered badly for it.

It seems that the US storm on the J&J vaccine is based on 6 cases from 6.7M people vaccinated, One of the 6 has died and a 2nd is in hospital in a critical state. That's a death rate of 0.00008823529%.

Far greater chance of being killed or seriously injured crossing the road............. in the UK that happened to an average of 248 people a day in 2019.

..... All, of course, of no help to the poor lady who died or to her friends and relations.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It seems that the US storm on the J&J vaccine is based on 6 cases from 6.7M people vaccinated, One of the 6 has died and a 2nd is in hospital in a critical state. That's a death rate of 0.00008823529%.

Far greater chance of being killed or seriously injured crossing the road............. in the UK that happened to an average of 248 people a day in 2019.
    Yes you are correct.
    Those odds are more than acceptable considering the risk of the alternative.
    Lets take my last cancer op.
    Take the 1:1000 chance of death on the operating table, or the near certain alternative of death if you don't.
    That's a bunch of numbers to compare to those whinging about blood clots.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yes you are correct.
    Those odds are more than acceptable considering the risk of the alternative.
    Lets take my last cancer op.
    Take the 1:1000 chance of death on the operating table, or the near certain alternative of death if you don't.
    That's a bunch of numbers to compare to those whinging about blood clots.

likewise. 22 years in remission, my approach was 'I'll have everything on the menu please' and with death odds of 1 in 1 without and 1 in 10,000 plus (its avery common cancer) with there was no decision to take really - BUT even then, folk were trusting to 'herbal remedies' to cure the same condition. Maybe the next great vaccination effort should be to discover a blend that cures people of irrational, deadly decision making

Imust admit to 'slowing the line' on the blood thinning thing - the doctor asked me if I took Warfarin OR SIMILAR, and thinking quick and hard about that question, not being confident about the or similar bit, and being someone who takes a shelfful of meds, I responded 'I don't know'. Once I'd listed all the meds (and the doctor had checked one because there's a massive reaction to grapefruit and grapefruit extracts in it, and that wasn't one he'd come across) I was good to go. Better safe than sorry even with the needle dripping in eyesight IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Maybe the next great vaccination effort should be to discover a blend that cures people of irrational, deadly decision making
    Asking a lot of people who’ve just voted for Brexit, elected Johnson as PM and struggle with the concept of social distancing, AF!

P.S. Not belittling your and Tricky’s fight against the ‘Big C’...I wish you both well...just trying to introduce a degree of levity on what seems an otherwise sombre forum morning.

Page 172 of 299 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)