+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 173 of 299 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Asking a lot of people who’ve just voted for Brexit, elected Johnson as PM and struggle with the concept of social distancing, AF!

P.S. Not belittling your and Tricky’s fight against the ‘Big C’...I wish you both well...just trying to introduce a degree of levity on what seems an otherwise sombre forum morning.
    No one thought you was RA.

There is risk and there is RISK!!
    Caution is wise on many things, but some sort of sanity has to be applied as well.

Talking of cancer. Are you aware that there is a 3% chance in all males, of getting Melanoma? This is increased with sun bathing.
    I'll bet you, not one of those screaming about risks, even considers that fact before going on holiday.

Asking a lot of people who’ve just voted for Brexit, elected Johnson as PM and struggle with the concept of social distancing, AF!

P.S. Not belittling your and Tricky’s fight against the ‘Big C’...I wish you both well...just trying to introduce a degree of levity on what seems an otherwise sombre forum morning.
    Fair go rA, we need a bit of joshing I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    No one thought you was RA.

There is risk and there is RISK!!
    Caution is wise on many things, but some sort of sanity has to be applied as well.

Talking of cancer. Are you aware that there is a 3% chance in all males, of getting Melanoma? This is increased with sun bathing.
    I'll bet you, not one of those screaming about risks, even considers that fact before going on holiday.
    I do actually. I love the sun and the ability to travel to sunnier climes is, along with half my family, what I’ve missed most during lockdown, but I am aware of the dangers...don’t take as many precautions as I probably should but tend to think there’s some element of risk with virtually everything.
    I used to go rock climbing, play a lot of rugby and drive far too fast, but if I ruled out every aspect of life that had a degree of risk, it wouldn’t really be worth living would it?
    Sooner the ‘risky’ vaccines work and I can get back into the ‘risky’ sun the better for me.

I went for my second jab last night, it's a 5 mile trip there. Only a short queue compared to last time and I was back home in about 45 minutes!
    The funniest thing though was when I sat down for my 'turn' (no doubt to relax me) the male nurse said 'welcome to the Bob Marley Gig'. In response to my quizzical look he said 'we're jabbing, jabbing jabbing'!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I went for my second jab last night, it's a 5 mile trip there. Only a short queue compared to last time and I was back home in about 45 minutes!
    The funniest thing though was when I sat down for my 'turn' (no doubt to relax me) the male nurse said 'welcome to the Bob Marley Gig'. In response to my quizzical look he said 'we're jabbing, jabbing jabbing'!
    must have had a cold

Way more chance of being run over crossing the road than there is of getting a blood clot from the vaccine...

I do actually. I love the sun and the ability to travel to sunnier climes is, along with half my family, what I’ve missed most during lockdown, but I am aware of the dangers...don’t take as many precautions as I probably should but tend to think there’s some element of risk with virtually everything.
    I used to go rock climbing, play a lot of rugby and drive far too fast, but if I ruled out every aspect of life that had a degree of risk, it wouldn’t really be worth living would it?
    Sooner the ‘risky’ vaccines work and I can get back into the ‘risky’ sun the better for me.
    But RA that is the point. You know the risk, as does the Health authority. But no one is going to walk up to you on a beach and ask you a million questions and hand you a pamphlet on the effects of sunbathing are they?

99% of people would go on a beach, pefectly happy with that risk.
    The Jabs are like all injections really. Anything introduced into a body that shouldn't be there carries a risk.
    Take the MMR inoculation. There are parents who refuse their kids to take it. Many would rather they did.
    Those are choices.

I like to think of it like a Jock. Is it free?
    Fochin dee fur me lad, am avvin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    But RA that is the point. You know the risk, as does the Health authority. But no one is going to walk up to you on a beach and ask you a million questions and hand you a pamphlet on the effects of sunbathing are they?

99% of people would go on a beach, pefectly happy with that risk.
    The Jabs are like all injections really. Anything introduced into a body that shouldn't be there carries a risk.
    Take the MMR inoculation. There are parents who refuse their kids to take it. Many would rather they did.
    Those are choices.
    I know...and I know it’s weird...but I’m agreeing with you.

I know...and I know it’s weird...but I’m agreeing with you.
    Have a lie down rA, you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Have a lie down rA, you'll feel better
    Shut it tulip boy

Page 173 of 299 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)