+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 175 of 299 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    In your dreams! I suspect ‘his goon’, as you put it, can probably handle himself a lot better than you.

As for ‘ripples’...I doubt it. Sure Starmer was ‘rattled’...reasonable people often are by loud mouthed aggressive attention seekers...but he remained perfectly calm imo.

As usual you’re looking for a ‘stick’ to beat Starmer with. You’ve chosen the wrong one and you still haven’t even begun to explain how the leader of a totally outnumbered opposition can possibly be responsible for any...let alone ‘thousands’ of pandemic deaths.
    Stick to beat Starmer with? He beat himself.
    How should he have handled it? Well personally, I'd have said sit down and tell me your gripe. You nod your head and even if you don't agree with him, politely tell him why.
    To tell him he doesn't "need a lecture from him" was patronising tosh. He is a Labour voter and he has the right to his opinion to the Labour leader on walkabout canvassing.
    Did you actually read it? He wasn't blaming him for the thousands of deaths alone. He was calling him out, for failing to do his job, as a strong opposition leader. The fact the opinion pols contimue to support.
    As such, he has jumped from fence to fence and shrivelled away at the slightest sign of pressure.

This was as big a car crash as Browns. bigot blast. The man is a multi millionaire who couldn't be bothered to talk squarely with an irate landlord.
    Personally, I thought it was hilarious and made Johnson look like Abraham Lincoln.

BTW, I have had to handle bigger "goons" than that one. I'm sure you've been told before, size isn't everything. (thats a joke btw, if it went over your head)

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post

Having my 2nd jab on Friday, another thumbs up to HMG from me.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Not really, I'd have thrown the charlatan out on his arse and his goon.
    Watch the ripples from this.
    I'm a peacelover generally but I was sort of disappointed the minder didn't lose the plot and punch him

As for ‘ripples’...I doubt it. Sure Starmer was ‘rattled’...reasonable people often are by loud mouthed aggressive attention seekers...but he remained perfectly calm imo.
    I thought Starmer handled himself OK actually. OK he had the Clockwork Orange guy between him and the shouty fellah but at least he didn't go down Prescott territory

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I thought Starmer handled himself OK actually. OK he had the Clockwork Orange guy between him and the shouty fellah but at least he didn't go down Prescott territory
    My point exactly. Apparently big hard TTR would have sorted both Starmer and the ‘Clockwork Orange guy’...of course he would...empty vessels and all that.

Let’s be clear...the government appear to be doing an excellent job as far as the vaccines are concerned and few people have claimed otherwise, but Starmer didn’t deserve the attack from that ‘motormouth’ yesterday and far from there being any ‘ripples’ the only consequence I’m aware of is that the loudmouth’s business partner has publicly apologised.

My point exactly. Apparently big hard TTR would have sorted both Starmer and the ‘Clockwork Orange guy’...of course he would...empty vessels and all that.

Let’s be clear...the government appear to be doing an excellent job as far as the vaccines are concerned and few people have claimed otherwise, but Starmer didn’t deserve the attack from that ‘motormouth’ yesterday and far from there being any ‘ripples’ the only consequence I’m aware of is that the loudmouth’s business partner has publicly apologised.
    Just comedy value as far as I was concerned, I couldn't quite grasp what the guy's issue was. 'nothing to see here'...

On a personal note, I got the invitation to book vaccination slots last week. I ummed and arred a bit after reading it. They provided a number to phone if you had any doubts about it. As you all know, I have doubts. So, I phoned them. Very nice young lady answered and listened attently to my thoughts. She couldn't answer them but, if I would wait 2 minutes, she'd consult with a colleague and get back to me. Which she duly did saying they don't have that kind of information and I would be better off contacting my GP.

If they don't have the knowledge/informtion to address doubts seriously, why put a "doubts phone number" in the pamphlet?

Any way, I duly made an appointment to see my GP. I gave him my list of doubts (he already knew as I'd told him earlier in the year when I was there for the results of my annual check up). He apologised but he doesn't have any of the information/stats I have been looking for. He went on to say that he doesn't believe those info/stats have even been collated, never mind published. I ahd come to that conclusion some time ago. He went on to say that he wasn't going to say that I should or shouldn't have the vaccine as that is a personal decision I have to make myself. He then said that he does recommend people have the vaccine and came out with the only stat of which he is aware. Every hospital ICU is currently full to overflowing with patients who have Covid. There isn't an ICU anywhere snided out with patients who've had the vaccine.

That hit a chord. There is danger in everything we do. More chance of ending up in hospital having been hit by a vehicle whilst crossing the road than there is of doing so due to the Covid vaccine.

I have decided to go online this morning and book myself an appointment. The odds are in my favour.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    On a personal note, I got the invitation to book vaccination slots last week. I ummed and arred a bit after reading it. They provided a number to phone if you had any doubts about it. As you all know, I have doubts. So, I phoned them. Very nice young lady answered and listened attently to my thoughts. She couldn't answer them but, if I would wait 2 minutes, she'd consult with a colleague and get back to me. Which she duly did saying they don't have that kind of information and I would be better off contacting my GP.

If they don't have the knowledge/informtion to address doubts seriously, why put a "doubts phone number" in the pamphlet?

Any way, I duly made an appointment to see my GP. I gave him my list of doubts (he already knew as I'd told him earlier in the year when I was there for the results of my annual check up). He apologised but he doesn't have any of the information/stats I have been looking for. He went on to say that he doesn't believe those info/stats have even been collated, never mind published. I ahd come to that conclusion some time ago. He went on to say that he wasn't going to say that I should or shouldn't have the vaccine as that is a personal decision I have to make myself. He then said that he does recommend people have the vaccine and came out with the only stat of which he is aware. Every hospital ICU is currently full to overflowing with patients who have Covid. There isn't an ICU anywhere snided out with patients who've had the vaccine.

That hit a chord. There is danger in everything we do. More chance of ending up in hospital having been hit by a vehicle whilst crossing the road than there is of doing so due to the Covid vaccine.

I have decided to go online this morning and book myself an appointment. The odds are in my favour.
    Good luck chap. Recognise your concerns and, for what it’s worth, I think you’ve behaved enormously responsibly over all this...expressing doubts but never trying to influence others into not having it.
    In my experience, i.e...my own and that of others I know...reaction to the vaccine has been very varied, from absolutely nothing to an overnight headache, to feeling a bit ‘off colour’ for a few days, to sickness and feeling unwell for almost a week.
    Appears totally random...one of the fittest people I know was the poorliest while some of the oldest and the one with the most compromised immune system experienced no side effects whatsoever.
    Anyway, don’t panic if you start to feel a bit unwell, for most, including me, it seems to pass very quickly...sure you’ll be fine.

All the best MA, hope your experience is a good one!

Had my second dose yesterday.
    Absolutely no reaction at all. Not even a stiff arm this time.

Jobs a good en.

Page 175 of 299 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)