+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 176 of 299 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    On a personal note, I got the invitation to book vaccination slots last week. I ummed and arred a bit after reading it. They provided a number to phone if you had any doubts about it. As you all know, I have doubts. So, I phoned them. Very nice young lady answered and listened attently to my thoughts. She couldn't answer them but, if I would wait 2 minutes, she'd consult with a colleague and get back to me. Which she duly did saying they don't have that kind of information and I would be better off contacting my GP.

If they don't have the knowledge/informtion to address doubts seriously, why put a "doubts phone number" in the pamphlet?

Any way, I duly made an appointment to see my GP. I gave him my list of doubts (he already knew as I'd told him earlier in the year when I was there for the results of my annual check up). He apologised but he doesn't have any of the information/stats I have been looking for. He went on to say that he doesn't believe those info/stats have even been collated, never mind published. I ahd come to that conclusion some time ago. He went on to say that he wasn't going to say that I should or shouldn't have the vaccine as that is a personal decision I have to make myself. He then said that he does recommend people have the vaccine and came out with the only stat of which he is aware. Every hospital ICU is currently full to overflowing with patients who have Covid. There isn't an ICU anywhere snided out with patients who've had the vaccine.

That hit a chord. There is danger in everything we do. More chance of ending up in hospital having been hit by a vehicle whilst crossing the road than there is of doing so due to the Covid vaccine.

I have decided to go online this morning and book myself an appointment. The odds are in my favour.
    Really pleased to hear that chap, more chance of Derby scoring a goal than any adverse effects!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Had my second dose yesterday.
    Absolutely no reaction at all. Not even a stiff un this time.
    Par for the course then

I have decided to go online this morning and book myself an appointment. The odds are in my favour.
    Great stuff and no issues here with it being after deep thought

Got Pfizered just over 2 hours ago. No issues thus far.

Excellent! I had the Astra and side effects kicked in later in the day, and lasted about 24 hours. Hopefully you don't get it so bad. My 2nd jab had virtually no side effects.

Do you have a 2nd booked, or have to await further comms?

Got Pfizered just over 2 hours ago. No issues thus far.
    Excellent stuff

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post

Do you have a 2nd booked, or have to await further comms?
    June 10th 12:05 CET

In the end I had a touch of soreness in the area of the jab for 2 days but that was all.

More ‘erms’ than Rooney this evening from the PM...always seems to be a good ‘barometer’ of his truth telling.

How convenient that the new bad news about the Indian variant has only been released after the local election results where the Tories benefited to such an extent from the vaccine roll out program.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    More ‘erms’ than Rooney this evening from the PM...always seems to be a good ‘barometer’ of his truth telling.

How convenient that the new bad news about the Indian variant has only been released after the local election results where the Tories benefited to such an extent from the vaccine roll out program.
    I actually think that, despite his overarching bluster, Boris is not a natural public speaker and 'erm'ing is just one indicator of this. I have sympathy with him (and, despite my avatar, Rooney) on this because despite being a very confident public speaker, I'm no natural and Mrs F says I use some of the same techniques Boris and some of the other suspects (Raab, Zahawi for instance) use to cover for various levels of oratory ineptitude. HMG's star performer on this is Grant Schapps who's an absolute natural, Rishibabe a close second. All this matters in a world ofpersonality politics

Page 176 of 299 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)