+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 182 of 299 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I, of course don’t know the answer but I’d much prefer to follow informed and educated scientific advice rather than the less expert and politically motivated meanderings of politicians.

RA, neither of us knows the answer and no matter what is chosen, it will be wrong for many either way.
    The experts as you say, always go by worse case scenario. The consequences away from what they want, also costs lives.
    ( I always love a John Knott quote about experts, over the Harriers ability to fight. "Ex as in has been and spert as in drip under pressure)
    So it's a gamble and guessing game.
    There are enough protests and fuel for rioting now. What do you suppose is going to happen if he extends or reimposes restrictions?
    The same way, if he doesn't and death toll rises, who'll be screaming then?

Personnally, we have to drive the nails in on the vacinnation completion and get out of this mess.
    1.3 million illegal immigrants granted amnesty to get vaccinated (how the feck has it got to that level?)
    But if that is what is needed, so be it.

This can't go on forever.
    No one is safe until everyone is safe, Tricky...that’s the bottom line.

I haven’t said anywhere that ‘the experts always go by a worst case scenario’ and as for ‘there are enough protests and fuel for rioting now’...I’m not sure where that’s come from, but I have no idea how rioting and protesting in these circumstances will help anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I know I didn't but you used the USA spelling for the past tense of the verb "to spell" which is a huge crime in my lessons young man
    I did it deliberately, I was just promoting response. I’m the sort of chap that still says ‘can I have’ not ‘can I get’

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I did it deliberately, I was just promoting response. I’m the sort of chap that still says ‘can I have’ not ‘can I get’
    ... and I still say "May I...."

....see, you promoted another response

an interesting difference in the response to the removal of Portugal from the Green List. Looking at some of the media headlines, whilst the printed press have pulled the 'fury' card and TV/radio wheeled out 'expert' after expert to condemn the decision, the general feeling (even in the media) from the public is a lot more understanding. My daughter works in travel and she reports there has been NO anger expressed to her or her people, folk are accepting that its a changing position and they just have to roll with it. My daughter herself has has plans to attend a conference scuppered but she and her fellow delegates, all a couple of hundred quid down, have just shrugged their shoulders. The media and the population out of synch again

I was planning a trip to Cyprus in January to try and organise a summer of DJing there. Had a tentative deal on a 2 bedroom, ground floor apartment for €450 a month and it had a swimming pool. Obviously that was scrapped. The Netherlands are currently on the Cyprus red list so no chance of trying to resurrect plans yet.

an interesting difference in the response to the removal of Portugal from the Green List. Looking at some of the media headlines, whilst the printed press have pulled the 'fury' card and TV/radio wheeled out 'expert' after expert to condemn the decision, the general feeling (even in the media) from the public is a lot more understanding. My daughter works in travel and she reports there has been NO anger expressed to her or her people, folk are accepting that its a changing position and they just have to roll with it. My daughter herself has has plans to attend a conference scuppered but she and her fellow delegates, all a couple of hundred quid down, have just shrugged their shoulders. The media and the population out of synch again
    In specific relation to Portugal...slightly bewildering that five days after the various authorities (football and national Governments) saw fit to sanction around 12,000 football fans travelling from the UK to Portugal that Portugal comes off the green list.
    Wasn’t it always blindingly obvious that, in the current circumstances, a Champions League Final between two English clubs would have been best held in...England maybe?

Vive la revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    In specific relation to Portugal...slightly bewildering that five days after the various authorities (football and national Governments) saw fit to sanction around 12,000 football fans travelling from the UK to Portugal that Portugal comes off the green list.
    Wasn’t it always blindingly obvious that, in the current circumstances, a Champions League Final between two English clubs would have been best held in...England maybe?
    It was a bit damned if you do damned if you don’t on that one rA, it went to Lisbon because UEFA demanded (and were contracted to allow) access to the world’s press, which in itself numbered thousands, a condition HMG were unwilling to accept

It was a bit damned if you do damned if you don’t on that one rA, it went to Lisbon because UEFA demanded (and were contracted to allow) access to the world’s press, which in itself numbered thousands, a condition HMG were unwilling to accept
    There’s a lot of ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’ about at the moment AF, but this seemed particularly stupid. I’m sure we could have all functioned with the ‘world’s press’ commenting via TV coverage. The (entirely predictable) result now is, at the very least, thousands of fans having to self isolate.
    Credit to HMG if, as you say, they weren’t willing to accept the risk of the world’s press entering the country but surely UEFA could have shown a little more common sense.

but surely UEFA could have shown a little more common sense.

I love your human side sometimes RA,

Page 182 of 299 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)