+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 185 of 299 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I did agree, until I saw the 12.2 m back log. How many of those people are cancer/liver/bloods/heart problems. Life threatening conditions that will kill if unattended.

All I see is hypocrisy with the lock down. From 20 000 Jocks invading London, to the G7 fooling everyone, with public displays of segregation, to pictures of them hugging at paties after. It's bollox.

Time to let it be. We've been jabbed, the odds are way better than dying from anything else.
    Can’t disagree with the middle bit but how is allowing one of the variants to ‘regain the ascendency’ going to help anyone, least of all those with other health issues?

I did agree, until I saw the 12.2 m back log. How many of those people are cancer/liver/bloods/heart problems. Life threatening conditions that will kill if unattended.

All I see is hypocrisy with the lock down. From 20 000 Jocks invading London, to the G7 fooling everyone, with public displays of segregation, to pictures of them hugging at paties after. It's bollox.

Time to let it be. We've been jabbed, the odds are way better than dying from anything else.
    The G7 story is that all the dignatories were tested daily, have been vaxed as well so no issue for them. Those waiting table were masked. All within the current regs.

Same goes for today's Facebook meme..... if you get a letter from school saying sports day is going ahead but parents not alllowed due to Covid...... just send school a photo from the recent Royal Ascot racing meeting. Royal Ascot had a limited number of racegoers and was held under the same regime as the Download Festival. Part of the measured test events, as with the football at Wembley.....

I wish folk would post ALL the facts not just the bits that help their own particular narrative......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The G7 story is that all the dignatories were tested daily, have been vaxed as well so no issue for them. Those waiting table were masked. All within the current regs.

Same goes for today's Facebook meme..... if you get a letter from school saying sports day is going ahead but parents not alllowed due to Covid...... just send school a photo from the recent Royal Ascot racing meeting. Royal Ascot had a limited number of racegoers and was held under the same regime as the Download Festival. Part of the measured test events, as with the football at Wembley.....

I wish folk would post ALL the facts not just the bits that help their own particular narrative......
    Indeed...he has a point about the Scottish fans though. They had about 2700 tickets and an estimated 12-20k were in and around London. How does that work?
    Those making the beer glass ‘snakes’ at Edgbaston a week earlier were equally stupid imo. We’re trying to end a pandemic so let’s get as many people as possible to handle as many glasses as possible that other people have been drinking from. Duckwits!

I'm going to the Open Golf at Sandwich next month, which has been converted into another government testing event like Ascot was. I have a friend who was there (Ascot) and the testing regime was way more stringent than that required at the Open, where - as I read it now - it may change -I wont have to do a test at all.

However I will have to show that Ive been fully vaccinated to attain this no test status, otherwise Ill need to do a PCR. So we are almost looking at a vaccine passport......

Anyway, perhaps more tricky, I'm going to a wedding on Saturday which is supposed to be outdoors; hmmmm with 70% probability of rain?

And even more worryingly, my son is now self isolating with 3 housemates, one of whom has tested positive, after they all had an encounter with a girl from Newcastle who has returned +ve. Now in my university days, 4 guys and a girl from Newcastle meant only one thing - a train. Sadly in today's world it just equates to a typhoid mary.

Maddy, that may be the case, but it was hardly an example for the rest of us was it?
    For the camera's we'll put on a show. Then off screen its party time.
    There is no 100% guarentee you cannot carry any varient when innoculated and mistakes happen.

They didn't keep it business like and it became a circus.

As for Jocks. What infuraited me with that, is that Sturgeon banned English tourists, yet says bugger all to the tartan invasion.
    It stinks beyond belief now. Either we are, or we are not. Which is it?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...geons-24359023

Maddy, that may be the case, but it was hardly an example for the rest of us was it?
    For the camera's we'll put on a show. Then off screen its party time.
    There is no 100% guarentee you cannot carry any varient when innoculated and mistakes happen.

They didn't keep it business like and it became a circus.

As for Jocks. What infuraited me with that, is that Sturgeon banned English tourists, yet says bugger all to the tartan invasion.
    It stinks beyond belief now. Either we are, or we are not. Which is it?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...geons-24359023
    This is exactly what infuriates people about you TTR. You take the bit that suits and run with it. Totally ignoring the fact that the G7 dignitories were heavily tested and/or fully vaccinated. The same as folk at Ascot and Download...... There is NO special treatment here for the G7. It's exactly the same as it was for several thousand at Ascot and 10 thousand at Donington.

This is a complete and utter non-story.

This is exactly what infuriates people about you TTR. You take the bit that suits and run with it. Totally ignoring the fact that the G7 dignitories were heavily tested and/or fully vaccinated. The same as folk at Ascot and Download...... There is NO special treatment here for the G7. It's exactly the same as it was for several thousand at Ascot and 10 thousand at Donington.

This is a complete and utter non-story.
    Wow you don't call heavily tested special treatment?

So it's one law for some and not the rest of us?
    Whatever.

So it's one law for some and not the rest of us?
    'Fraid so TTR

Even accepting MA's point that the G7 would have been vaxed up to their eyeballs, even if they'd started shagging on the beach there would have been a plausible excuse, its just the way it is for 'the elite' of any given situation (in this case the leaders of the Western World, doesn't get much more elite than that). Its not fair, but that's life

Same with the Scots hordes, 'we' KNOW that there would have been the hoo haa to end all hoo haa's if 20,000 English had invaded the bleakness of Glasgow, but there are 'sensitivities' involved there that make it one Mcrule for one and one for the other

Edit. Sorry if you can't now unsee the first paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    'Fraid so TTR

Even accepting MA's point that the G7 would have been vaxed up to their eyeballs, even if they'd started shagging on the beach there would have been a plausible excuse, its just the way it is for 'the elite' of any given situation (in this case the leaders of the Western World, doesn't get much more elite than that). Its not fair, but that's life

Same with the Scots hordes, 'we' KNOW that there would have been the hoo haa to end all hoo haa's if 20,000 English had invaded the bleakness of Glasgow, but there are 'sensitivities' involved there that make it one Mcrule for one and one for the other

Edit. Sorry if you can't now unsee the first paragraph
    Whatever MA's take is on it Andy, it seems the world sees it differently to him.
    My point was more about the hypocrisy of the elites. However, tests or no tests. The event was a time bomb.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...mit/ar-AALh9AQ

So I'll ask again, is it lock down or not?
    Lift it and everyone is treated the same.

Whatever MA's take is on it Andy, it seems the world sees it differently to him.
    My point was more about the hypocrisy of the elites. However, tests or no tests. The event was a time bomb.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...mit/ar-AALh9AQ

So I'll ask again, is it lock down or not?
    Lift it and everyone is treated the same.
    Ach, come on Tricky, wake up and smell the roses (or farts). Do you really think that the elite leadership of western europe / the world were subject to rationing during WW2 ? Cabbage soup and boiled tripe during allied powers conferences in 1941-5? You can't treat influential leaders to a northern diet!

In times of national crisis our leadership (and that of other countries) will always have preferential treatment: its a perk of the job and will forever be thus. Did your parents / grandparents have a reserved space in the nuclear fallout shelters during the height of the cold war? I suspect not but I imagine Alec Douglas Hume etc did

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

Page 185 of 299 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)