+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 188 of 299 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Great post...aka, agree with every word of it!

As for the song. Perhaps comparison with North Korea is a tad extreme, but it does remind me of U.S. excesses, eg...about three years ago I attended one of my grandaughter’s ‘graduation ceremonies’ over there. She was five (!!) at the time and had to wear a mortar board and gown, hold her hand on her heart and swear allegiance to the flag. Laughable or sinister indoctrination? You decide, I know what I believe.
    I’m thinking b.
    Problem is that once you set off down that road, totalitarianism is the final destination whether it’s North Korea, USSR or USA style.

Fortunately we are still allowed to take the piss.

Seeing as some ‘wit’ has changed the thread title more specifically to Matt ‘Hands off cocks, on socks’...I fear we may be asking the wrong question.
    So a cabinet minister has an alleged affair with his advisor/aid. Big deal...work place relationships happen and I’m not sure the ‘social distancing’ is that massive a deal either. They’ve been seen together a lot, attended meetings together etc...so I’m not sure any further exchange of bodily fluids that may have taken place makes that much difference.
    What is of greater concern, imo, is the way this ‘old University friend’ appears to have been made a non executive member of the Dept. of Health and Social Care and has been receiving around £15k for a role which involves 15-20 DAYS of work per YEAR.
    Nepotism is a far greater ‘crime’ than ***ual impropriety imo, and it would appear that ‘Tory sleaze’ is alive and well in Westminster.
    Totally agree.

Useless Mp has an affair? Don't give a monkeys. I do care that he doesn't practice what he preaches, paid for by the tax payer.
    Should have been sacked, before resigning.

Sleeze? Rife throughout politics. Personnally, anyone caught doing "sleeze" gets dismissed and banned from politics forever.

My biggest question is-
    How or why was this leaked ?

1. Was this an official camera? If it was, then a serious security breech of staff and prtocol occurred. Was it a spy camera? Again the same question remains.

2. Why was it leaked? Money/personal grudge/ Political mischief?

All need answering.

Yep, ‘why, how and who by’ are all fair questions.
    Even you have to admit though...this lot appear particularly corrupt and sleazy. Hardly a week seems to pass without some minister or other having broken the rules/laws, and all we receive is a ‘move on...nothing to see here’ response.
    Still I suppose it’s what we should expect from any Party that elects an immoral, bumbling buffoon as its leader.

Yep, ‘why, how and who by’ are all fair questions.
    Even you have to admit though...this lot appear particularly corrupt and sleazy. Hardly a week seems to pass without some minister or other having broken the rules/laws, and all we receive is a ‘move on...nothing to see here’ response.
    Still I suppose it’s what we should expect from any Party that elects an immoral, bumbling buffoon as its leader.
    RA, show me one that doesn't have sleaze written into it.

Sure I'll give way that Tories help their mates make money

But so did Labour, Blair for example and his witch wife.

Libs full of it, from Lord Rennard, the former Liberal Democrat chief executive accused of ***ually inappropriate behaviour with female members of the party. Clegg had his fingers in pies, until Facebook offered him a fat pay cheque and he was off like a shot.

Don't get me started on the SNP.

You can't just single the Tories out RA, blood on all hands.

any Party that elects an immoral, bumbling buffoon as its leader.
    i didn't now you thought that

Seriously, they are starting to have the feel of John Major's administration, whichdoesn't bode wellfor them

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    RA, show me one that doesn't have sleaze written into it.

Sure I'll give way that Tories help their mates make money

But so did Labour, Blair for example and his witch wife.

Libs full of it, from Lord Rennard, the former Liberal Democrat chief executive accused of ***ually inappropriate behaviour with female members of the party. Clegg had his fingers in pies, until Facebook offered him a fat pay cheque and he was off like a shot.

Don't get me started on the SNP.

You can't just single the Tories out RA, blood on all hands.
    We’re not talking about ‘others’ though Tricky, Clegg was a decade ago...Blair even longer. We’re talking about now...about a Government - the leaders of our country - with a very sizeable majority and an apparently ever increasing lack of honesty and integrity. To quote you about Covid...‘enough is enough, this can’t go on’.

The ‘feel of John Major’s administration’, AF? Bit harsh...nobody’s been sha**in’ Edwina again as well have they?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-06-2021 at 08:48 PM.

The ‘feel of John Major’s administration’, AF? Bit harsh...nobody’s been sha**in’ Edwina again as well have they?
    Well she’s back in the public eye and I wouldn’t put it past her. Ah the innocent days when the biggest national health concern was salmonella in eggs

We’re not talking about ‘others’ though Tricky, Clegg was a decade ago...Blair even longer. We’re talking about now...about a Government - the leaders of our country - with a very sizeable majority and an apparently ever increasing lack of honesty and integrity. To quote you about Covid...‘enough is enough, this can’t go on’.

No but the others need mentioning RA.
    Show me an innocent party.

Pick a topic, expenses fiddling? Perverting the course of justice?
    Very real and very much up to date, you'll find.

I have said many times, that the state of UK politics is shocking.
    In a normal world, Johnson wouldn't get near number 10. Just how piss poor is the opposition to him and his party?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Well she’s back in the public eye and I wouldn’t put it past her. Ah the innocent days when the biggest national health concern was salmonella in eggs
    Or the height of depravity that shocked the nation, was making your bit of crumpet wear a Chelsea shirt before porking,

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Or the height of depravity that shocked the nation, was making your bit of crumpet wear a Chelsea shirt before porking,
    Actually that was depraved! As was any form of s ex involving David Mellor!

On the subject of expenses though...I think perhaps you should look at the worst culprits, but take cabinet member Brandon Lewis. He was elected on a ‘clean expenses pledge’ and yet...he’s said to have claimed £37k for ‘research briefing and other assistance’ and in August 2015 it was revealed he’d claimed £31,000 of hotel expenses over TWO years in hotel expenses rather than travel home to Es***.

£31k over what...500 nights max? Really? You do the maths...and he ‘got away’ with it!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-06-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Page 188 of 299 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)