+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 190 of 299 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Of course ‘all politicians’ aren’t ‘scum bags ‘in their own way’.
    There are some thoroughly decent people in politics, although I accept that is becoming increasingly difficult to believe given the behaviour of many of those currently at the top.

How though can ‘whether they are in government or not’ possibly be ‘irrelevant’? These are the people who have been elected to lead and represent us and yet they repeatedly show themselves to be devoid of honesty, scruples, decency and integrity.

A better question for you might be...how can we trust people over their handling of such massively important issues as Brexit and Covid when they can’t be trusted over honestly managing their own emails, relationships, business contracts and expenses etc?
    I know you’ll say, yet again, I’m just Tory bashing, but I’m not...it’s just that they happen to have been the Party in power for the last eleven years.
    You know rA thats a typical Thicky comment and one which makes me roll my eyes! Its so easy to criticise politicians and to be fair there are many that deserve it, but to label the all as corrupt and useless is to deny that there many of all political colours who do the job and act in the best interests of their voters, when they could get an easier job with higher pay.

I suppose Thick would be happy with a dictatorship than a less than perfect democracy? Him and others never suggest how the system might be changed and will almost certainly have never put themselves forward either at local or national level, content to make sweeping generalisations and carp from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You know rA thats a typical Thicky comment and one which makes me roll my eyes! Its so easy to criticise politicians and to be fair there are many that deserve it, but to label the all as corrupt and useless is to deny that there many of all political colours who do the job and act in the best interests of their voters, when they could get an easier job with higher pay.

I suppose Thick would be happy with a dictatorship than a less than perfect democracy? Him and others never suggest how the system might be changed and will almost certainly have never put themselves forward either at local or national level, content to make sweeping generalisations and carp from the sidelines.
    Agreed...but it’s what everyone who supports this increasingly discredited Government does...they reach for a stick to beat the opposition with as if that’s got anything to do with it.

There is so much hypocrisy around as far as the Hancock business is concerned. Let’s face it, Johnson couldn’t sack Hancock over the morality of his personal behaviour because people would have just pointed the finger at the PM himself who seems unsure of exactly how many children he actually has...but the role within ‘government’ of his alleged lover has to be challenged...and the PM’s new ‘story’ that the Health Secretary was replaced within forty eight hours and ‘that’s how it should be’ is just baloney...he was on record as saying that he didn’t want Hancock to resign and it wasn’t necessary when the story first broke.

Tbh...the danger now is that, in an attempt to re establish his popularity, this populist PM now drops our ‘guard’ against Covid by hurrying through a relaxation of the rules. Javid is, imo, already making inane comments about the forthcoming relaxations of social distancing etc being irreversible. If there is one lesson that should have been learned over the last twenty odd months it is that...the nature of pandemics is unpredictable and nothing is irreversible.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 30-06-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Contracts for cronies. Poor decision making. Morally reprehensible personal lives. One rule for them, harsher ones for the rest. Gove found to have "done wrong" by the High Court. A fact that seems to have been buried by Hancockgate......

As an expat, I find the present government the one making me the least proud of HMG in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed...but it’s what everyone who supports this increasingly discredited Government does...they reach for a stick to beat the opposition with as if that’s got anything to do with it.

There is so much hypocrisy around as far as the Hancock business is concerned. Let’s face it, Johnson couldn’t sack Hancock over the morality of his personal behaviour because people would have just pointed the finger at the PM himself who seems unsure of exactly how many children he actually has...but the role within ‘government’ of his alleged lover has to be challenged...and the PM’s new ‘story’ that the Health Secretary was replaced within forty eight hours and ‘that’s how it should be’ is just baloney...he was on record as saying that he didn’t want Hancock to resign and it wasn’t necessary when the story first broke.

Tbh...the danger now is that, in an attempt to re establish his popularity, this populist PM now drops our ‘guard’ against Covid by hurrying through a relaxation of the rules. Javid is, imo, already making inane comments about the forthcoming relaxations of social distancing etc being irreversible. If there is one lesson that should have been learned over the last twenty odd months it is that...the nature of pandemics is unpredictable and nothing is irreversible.
    Yearh spot on RA.
    If only the opposition were so clean and quick to set us all an example .

https://foxhole.news/2021/06/30/watc..._he8VQnUUb5Hr4

I'll retouch up MA's response. I think all the current MP's are the worst we've had in his lifetime.

Thicky spouts rubbish then posts a link to a "news" website that claims to be unbiased! One couldn't make it up but apparently Thicky does everyday.

I mean how thick does one have to be to not understand that the people behind these websites are billionaires feeding bull**** to gullible proles in the hope they don't notice they are rich and the proles aren't?

As for the current crop of politicians being the worst we have had in a lifetime - his memory is addled! The nature of the human condition is that power or the ambition for power tends to warp people's behaviour thats been the case since democracy started, given he cannot possibly have a detailed knowledge of every politician, as a statement it just demonstrates his inability to think critically.

I mean not even all the Tory politicians are hopeless or double dealing FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Mm aren't we smug and holier than thou? Not a good look IMO.

Clearly you think you have higher morals than me, which is a dangerous assumption, but then you do tend to make those quite often. It might just be I think that making a judgement on someone's private life based on whats in the media is rather foolish, especially when said media aren't exactly known for truth and a lack of hypocrisy!

Its obviously a personal view as to whether you find his personal morals acceptable or not, but frankly I am only interested in a Politicians actions and behaviour in so far as it impacts on his work. In Hancock's case his behaviour has clearly done that.

I would ahve thought that the basic ask of any politician is that they are competent, truthful act in the best interests of the people/country and not corrupt. Whether one likes them or approves of their moral view point is irrelevant.

Are you really saying that a competent person who is performing well in their job should be condemned or lose that job because of how they conduct their life outside work?
    Whilst I largely agree with all of that, I recall a certain Cummings, D receiving rather a lot of flak from yourself and TweedleDee including suggesting that he should lose his job because of the way he conducted his personal life vis a vis visiting his parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whilst I largely agree with all of that, I recall a certain Cummings, D receiving rather a lot of flak from yourself and TweedleDee including suggesting that he should lose his job because of the way he conducted his personal life vis a vis visiting his parents?
    TweedleDee...lol! Jeez...even when you go away for a bit you return being just as repetitive.

As for Cummings...are you on the same medication as Tricky? The criticism of Cummings wasn’t about his ‘personal life’ at all...it was exactly the same as the criticism of Hancock i.e. 1) One rule for them and one for the rest of us...lawmakers becoming law breakers and 2) Those with friendships and relationships (with Cabinet members) benefitting from becoming unelected and influential advisors.

Try and keep up if you’re going to have a ‘pop’...or maybe tell us all exactly what someone does have to do to be sacked from this Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yearh spot on RA.
    If only the opposition were so clean and quick to set us all an example .
    ...and repeat!

One last time, Tricky...it doesn’t matter how often you try and deflect. This isn’t about the opposition. This is about the GOVERNMENT...those actually in power.

After a very brief period of being called ‘the GOVERNMENT’S handling of a female advisor’s arse’ it is actually called ‘The GOVERNMENT’S handling of Covid’.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whats odd about that? Cummings an advisor not a politician (and I have grave doubts about the status of aides and shadowy advisors with no responsibility to an electorate) broke lockdown rules by travelling over 150 miles supposedly because only his parents could provide childcare? His wife meanwhile wrote an article I think in the Spectator about the difficult of life under lockdown in London, when they weren't even there!

To compound that he then drove to Barnard castle to apparently test his eyesight, which one does with wife and children in the car obvs.

So whats contradictory about calling out a politician or advisor for breaking the rules they are asking or legally requiring the public to observe? I haven't said any politician is above criticism, just that the assertion they are all useless and corrupt is clearly a nonsense.

... and now Priti Patel has been found to have been wanting on 3 occasions with regard to upholding the Law.

Page 190 of 299 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)