+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 209 of 299 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Anyway getting back on topic, the current 7 day rolling figures for Covid infection don't show this government in a good light compared to europe! What happened to that fantastic Brexit bonus of early vaccination?

UK 40,706
    Germany 8,960
    France 4,819
    Netherlands 3,285

Looking at these figures its difficult for any sane person to come to the conclusion the government has ****ed it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I wonder, for no better reasons than to wonder, what proportion of the UK population fell in rA's categorisation of underclasses and then what proportion of those are unvaccinated? I get that the homeless or travellers may fall through the NHS safety net if they are not registered with a doctor as they have no permanent address, but why would being poor mean that you are not within the ambit of the NHS system and thus have been offered a vaccination? In my experience the have nots are generally all too aware of what the NHS can do for them - based on being registered with a surgery adjacent to a former council estate.

The Cambridge definition of underclass is less than helpful as there will always been an underclass applying that definition, in the same way there will always be a team at the bottom of any football league, no matter how undeserving.
    Fascinated by the obvious bias from you on this, not to mention some dubious taking of the moral high ground based purely on anecdotal evidence. Its a bit like me generalising that all rich people are selfish drunken *******s based on my experience of seeing many of them at corporate events. Some are some aren't.

Having worked with people in lower income brackets for many years I can confirm that they are no different from people with higher incomes, in that many are hard working and honest, some are criminals, some are lazy but otherwise untroubling of society, some have problems with drink and drugs, etc etc.

The only difference is that the more income and significant social connections one has then the easier it is to cope with issues such as drug addiction, getting a well paid job, decent housing etc.

The unvaccinated are not purely from any "underclass", I mean Premier League footballers can't be classed as such but only 68% have been apparently. Those anti vax demonstrators I've seen don't seem to be poor or even uneducated to me!

Why would lower income people be more vulnerable? because their access to housing, health services and education and the things we take for granted is much less.

I’ll probably be immediately and ridiculously accused of being Swale’s ‘little brother/rear gunner’ etc for saying this, and I don’t honestly give a damn about that...but it is, imo, impossible to objectively argue against the sense of the above two posts.

NL rates rising too. We also get told about the places where that is happening and it's not all over the country. There are 5 areas where rates are the worst and they haven't changed since my previous post on this. That's the poorer parts of the 4 big cities, populated mainly by non-Caucasian immigrants, a good % of whom are Muslim and don't speak the language. They haven't got the message as they don't understand what's on the news/in the papers and/or they are against the vax because of the rumours that it has porcine or human foetus derivatives in it. The 5th area being the bible belt where they strictly follow the religious teachings of a few hundred years ago and believe "God" will protect them. The town of Staphorst which is probably the "most religious" town in the country has the highest infection rates at the moment.

What is common over the entire country is that the two groups showing the most infections are school aged children and the 25 to 30 age group.

I shall avoid the traditional rear gunner observation but the conclusion to the first post you approve of is:

"Looking at these figures its difficult for any sane person to come to the conclusion the government has ****ed it up!"

This seems diametrically opposite to your long standing belief, or indeed what I would conclude from the numbers........

Perplexed of Surrey

I shall avoid the traditional rear gunner observation but the conclusion to the first post you approve of is:

"Looking at these figures its difficult for any sane person to come to the conclusion the government has ****ed it up!"

This seems diametrically opposite to your long standing belief, or indeed what I would conclude from the numbers........

Perplexed of Surrey
    Not the first time Lord Swale has done this.

I've just had my 3rd jab, so UK gov can't be doing too bad on that front.
    One major fk up though, is that faulty pcr lab.
    A colleague of mine (who thankfully for me, works at another office) is just starting to return to work, his whole household, many colleagues, and other acquaintances have been infected, his wife, and he believes others, having received a faulty "all clear" pcr test. Frightening how quickly it can spread, and it doesn't help with fundamental fk ups like that too.

Which dodgy PCR lab is this? I had an all clear from Randox on a PCR recently and have been feeling ****e ever since? Have always wondered what the approval system for such private contractors is. and how they are benchmarked. Would seem to be a great scam opportunity, offer them for £30 a go, dont test anything, chuck the samples away and just send a negative result - with the odd positive one thrown in for credibility!

Perplexed of Surrey
    One can tell the relative sentience of a person by the way they pick up on a missing word, a misspelling or some other minor infraction, rather than respond to the argument.

I'm not surprised your perplexed, after all you seem to base your opinions on a very narrow evidence base, anecdotal sources which must make life a bit perplexing when the reality is so different from your perception.

One can tell the relative sentience of someone who writes nonsense and then tries to cover up his *******s by launching an attack on someone else. Its actually both predictible and amusing. I know you are never wrong but a simple "whoops" is often easier than perpetuating your own (in your own mind) infallibility.

That's the trouble with you Forest fans. Whoops another minor infraction that totally changes the sense of the post

Page 209 of 299 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)