+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 210 of 299 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    One can tell the relative sentience of a person by the way they pick up on a missing word, a misspelling or some other minor infraction, rather than respond to the argument.

'One' can also tell how tightly wrapped a person is by their lack of humour, especially when it is lightheartedly directed at themselves

Just by way of help:

Tightly wrapped: obsessed, or tense, tied up with ones own thoughts or concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I've just had my 3rd jab, so UK gov can't be doing too bad on that front.
    One major fk up though, is that faulty pcr lab.
    A colleague of mine (who thankfully for me, works at another office) is just starting to return to work, his whole household, many colleagues, and other acquaintances have been infected, his wife, and he believes others, having received a faulty "all clear" pcr test. Frightening how quickly it can spread, and it doesn't help with fundamental fk ups like that too.
    Fair play on the vaccination front...at first, Ramshank. Where initial vaccinations are concerned they did a decent job.
    As far as the 3rd booster jab is concerned however...this jab is meant to be given six months after the second jab. The original vaccines were given just before last Christmas so booster jabs should have been started by late June/early July.
    I heard several times on the radio today that so far 5,000,000 booster jabs have been given out. We’re now more than half way through October and ten months on since the first jabs were done so that seems very, very poor to me, a sentiment which all too sadly our latest figures would seem to confirm.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-10-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Had my 235i 3 weeks and the Labour voting cow from behind me, has scraped the rear bumper. I do blame the Tories and Brexit though, for allowing the blind bint a license and not having a Romanian chauffeur.

F'kin stinks.

In other news though, I've had my 3rd jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Had my 235i 3 weeks and the Labour voting cow from behind me, has scraped the rear bumper. I do blame the Tories and Brexit though, for allowing the blind bint a license and not having a Romanian chauffeur.

F'kin stinks.

In other news though, I've had my 3rd jab.
    I'm guessing this is something to do with a car, Tricky?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Fair play on the vaccination front...at first, Ramshank. Where initial vaccinations are concerned they did a decent job.
    As far as the 3rd booster jab is concerned however...this jab is meant to be given six months after the second jab. The original vaccines were given just before last Christmas so booster jabs should have been started by late June/early July.
    I heard several times on the radio today that so far 5,000,000 booster jabs have been given out. We’re now more than half way through October and ten months on since the first jabs were done so that seems very, very poor to me, a sentiment which all too sadly our latest figures would seem to confirm.
    This is one of your more extraordinary criticisms rA when taken in the light of your "none safe until all safe" and "innoculate the world" stances.

Considering the vast majority of the world has not received a single shot, the World Health Organization asked countries to hold off on boosters until at least the end of September, which the UK has done. This allows others a chance to get some protection, although far from all.

A lot of European countries, as well as us, and indeed the USA respected this request. In fact I believe UK is one of the early adopters of 3rd shot post September, with many EU countries only offering it to the immunocompromised and other high risk cases.

It goes to show that the government can't win with you. But enjoy your creature comfort of your third jab at the expense of billions across the world with no protection at all.

https://www.politico.eu/article/vacc...ta-varian-who/

Forgot to add the provenance. I have no idea of the political bias or agendae of the source but it seems pretty factual and balanced.

All in all it looks like the world health organisation reckon the wealthy nations acting unfairly with 3rd. They have a point

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    https://www.politico.eu/article/vacc...ta-varian-who/

Forgot to add the provenance. I have no idea of the political bias or agendae of the source but it seems pretty factual and balanced.

All in all it looks like the world health organisation reckon the wealthy nations acting unfairly with 3rd. They have a point
    As, I have to admit, do you. Good point, harshly made, though - as a POI - I’m actually not eligible for my third jab yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As, I have to admit, do you. Good point, harshly made, though - as a POI - I’m actually not eligible for my third jab yet.
    If you are concerned (this is a public service post not a dig) there are a number of places you can walk in right on your six month date and get a jab, I think theres one at Forest Rec, and I believe that if you can prove 2 doses they might do it a bit early, my nhs buddy over there did so

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    If you are concerned (this is a public service post not a dig) there are a number of places you can walk in right on your six month date and get a jab, I think theres one at Forest Rec, and I believe that if you can prove 2 doses they might do it a bit early, my nhs buddy over there did so
    Thanks, I’m not especially, although I am close to six months.

Returning to the topic, I don’t understand why - in the light of the current frankly scary figures - we aren’t following a ‘plan B’ at least as far as compulsory mask wearing indoors and on public transport is concerned.

Having been to three ‘events’ this week it just appears too random at the moment i.e. very crowded gig on Monday saw an estimated 5% of mask wearers, Pride Park on Tuesday...much the same, even in the concourses...and a theatre visit yesterday...about 5% in the bar and 85% in the auditorium.

You wouldn’t get away with that in Spain and their figures, despite the influx of summer tourists, are so much better than our horror show ones.

Every picture tells a story and this one includes a Government extraordinarily reluctant to do anything that isn’t populist or is likely to raise questions over the ‘success’ of their Covid strategy to date.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-10-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Page 210 of 299 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)