+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 212 of 299 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 21-10-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    5 million is your number of the day! 5 million unvaccinated and 5 million having had a third. It would perhaps have been better for all if the 5m thirds had gone to the 5m zeroes, but this gets us back to to why there are 5m out there unvaccinated. Some will of course be by choice......
    Not really...I mentioned that only 5m had benefited from the booster yesterday. Today I mentioned that a different 5m had not been vaccinated at all. Both figures came from BBC R5 because circumstances meant I spent more time listening to the radio than usual yesterday.

There are 5m out there unvaccinated for a variety of reasons. Some will have genuine health concerns...some will be pregnant...some will want to become pregnant and have heard specific rumours...some will be bone idle...some will be too disorganised...some will have religious concerns and some - the ‘underclass’ - will be unreachable.

covid has become an obsession with some. nothing else matters.
    But that applies to other things as well, like BLM/Insulate Britain/Climate crisis

COVID is what it is. Ultimately, you do your best for the population and what is, is.
    Moaning and groaning about it, solves bugger all. If folks are daft enough to not jab, that's their business.
    But for some, the cause is like a crusade, as is the other subjects.

This always stuck in my head. As a people we have slowly moved away from God.
    It has also been the source of a protracted search by curious fans of Chesterton all over the world. It usually appears in one of these two forms: A man who won’t believe in God will believe in anything. When a man stops believing in God he doesn’t then believe in nothing, he believes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not really...I mentioned that only 5m had benefited from the booster yesterday. Today I mentioned that a different 5m had not been vaccinated at all. Both figures came from BBC R5 because circumstances meant I spent more time listening to the radio than usual yesterday.

There are 5m out there unvaccinated for a variety of reasons. Some will have genuine health concerns...some will be pregnant...some will want to become pregnant and have heard specific rumours...some will be bone idle...some will be too disorganised...some will have religious concerns and some - the ‘underclass’ - will be unreachable.
    Oops. P.S. The ‘honey monster’ has just been on TV suggesting it’s only 4m who have had the booster. Better, GP?

Name:  trumpkimjongunhoneymonster.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  86.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    covid has become an obsession with some. nothing else matters.
    But that applies to other things as well, like BLM/Insulate Britain/Climate crisis

COVID is what it is. Ultimately, you do your best for the population and what is, is.
    Moaning and groaning about it, solves bugger all. If folks are daft enough to not jab, that's their business.
    But for some, the cause is like a crusade, as is the other subjects.

This always stuck in my head. As a people we have slowly moved away from God.
    It has also been the source of a protracted search by curious fans of Chesterton all over the world. It usually appears in one of these two forms: A man who won’t believe in God will believe in anything. When a man stops believing in God he doesn’t then believe in nothing, he believes anything.
    Arent you forgetting women and the non binary people?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Arent you forgetting women and the non binary people?
    I didn't forget anyone, I quoted Chesterton.

However for the binaries.

11010001100000110111101011101001 hope that clears that up?
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 22-10-2021 at 07:48 AM.

So according to Sky news, https://news.sky.com/story/covid-new...ealed-12431158

1. The majority of new cases in hospital are unvaccinated
    2. A senior doc from Cambridge says plan B wouldn't work and mask wearing won't make any difference
    3. Cancer patients now the perfect storm, after all this pissing about with appointments

Personnally, time to make vacs mandatory or no treatment. You takes yer gamble.
    Boosters asap.
    Like it or lump it, herd immunity now comes into play.

If Johnson shuts down again, he's done.

When this 5h1tstorm broke the predicted deaths worldwide were many times more horrific than they ended up being. It was right to lockdown and do the necessary to keep deaths as low as possible and to avoid having worldwide health services crippled.

What has happened is a huge focus on Covid patients to the detriment of everybody else. Looking at the current rates of new cases, hospitalisations, ICU admissions and deaths and the demographics of those figures, in NL anyway, the majority of new cases are in school age children and the 25 to 30 age group. Demographics that have low instances of serious illness, hospitalisations, ICU admissions and deaths. On the other hand the current slight and expected to rise further numbers of everything Covid from new cases to deaths are already resulting in heart, cancer etc patients not getting appointments and treatment. This is the perfect preparation for the next wave of deaths. That is, now, totally unacceptable. All illnesses should get treated and, if beds are full, that's the point where the hard decisions should be made as to who gets the last bed? A cancer patient, heart, lung etc or a Covid patient? I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Yesterday, the head of Dutch ICU's came out and said that we can no longer scale up above the max of 1150 ICU beds we have available. The reason has nothing to do with beds but with a lack of ICU nurses. That deficit has 2 causes, the current sickness rates among ICU nurses which are more than twice the norm and the absences are longer due to the cause (burnout and mental health issues in the main) and ICU nurses either moving to other wards/specialities or leaving nursing completely as they can no longer handle the pressure of ICU. It takes 18 months to fully train an ICU nurse.

In short, time to stop giving Covid priority above other issues. The tipping point has likely been reached, and passed, and prioritising Covid will end up causing many more hospitalisations, ICU admissions and deaths from other diseases than would be saved by the current prioritisation of Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Which dodgy PCR lab is this? I had an all clear from Randox on a PCR recently and have been feeling ****e ever since? Have always wondered what the approval system for such private contractors is. and how they are benchmarked. Would seem to be a great scam opportunity, offer them for £30 a go, dont test anything, chuck the samples away and just send a negative result - with the odd positive one thrown in for credibility!
    The lab is in Wolverhampton. Apparently they're contacting those affected, but the horse has of course already bolted sadly.

Page 212 of 299 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)