+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 250 of 299 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Starmer. Was at the office a couple of days before an election (he said on Sunday Morning, this morning on the BBC). They'd been working all day, a take away arrived, they ate it and went back to work. Glass of wine with dinner isn't a party, is it?
    Spot on, MA...apart from it being a small bottle of beer (San Miguel I think) not a glass of wine.
    Nothing would have been said had it been a coffee or a sandwich in his hand. Just the Telegraph, the Mail and the Express making a pathetic attempt to tar Starmer with the same brush as Johnson.

Either way...there is simply no comparison between drinking a small beer during a constituency meeting and what has been going on at Downing Street, so please give it a rest TTR.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    please give it a rest TTR.
    Aint gonna happen, is it?

You borrow a penny, I steal a million. Same dog washed innit? We both have someone else's money, don't we? That is the logic being used by people trying to compare the situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    No it wouldn't. Clutching at straws or not. Was him and his crew in breech?
    Yes they were. Like I said, let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

The list goes on and on.
    I'm amazed that they all don't get called out for it. They keep awarding themselves huge rises over inflation, with expenses equal to the GDP of a small nation.
    PARLIAMENT- is the office of the country.
    You expect better
    In which case you'd best not post anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    In which case you'd best not post anymore!
    Well seeing as I'd never listen you.

Here's another one.
    According to the office of National Statistics= only 17000 people died in 2 years from COVID with no underlying health concerns.
    Doesn't say how of those were un vaccinated, but my guess would be on the high side.

So when we call out the governments handling of COVID, there are other questions to be asked,

With all the chaos that has now been caused and the 2 million waiting for treatment, have we been over reacting after all?

The death rate in the next 5 years from other things, is going to be grim.

nb the average age of those who died last year, was over 82
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 19-01-2022 at 10:12 PM. Reason: more facts

Red: Many of those vulnerable people are ***** to our society. I'm surprised that, seeing as we've experienced how much of an impact a driver shortage has caused this year, you can not see how important it is to protect people. Have a guess how many will have died directly due to covid, or due to overflowing hospitals, if precautions had not been taken.
    Our society is built on survival of the fittest, but fit means hardworking skilled and intelligent people, not some unskilled lazy idiot with no underlying health issues.

Reposted

So the question is.
    Is this the biggest world wide con job ever?

How can figures like this, no more worse than a flu sweep, cause so much chaos?

Some one has been fuelling this beyond belief. Those figures, without a vaccine are surreal. So all the death screams here, we have the worst death rates in EUrope were actually total bollox.

Yet the media, still isn't running this and is questioning the lock down / rules lifting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swoHsdrIQ7Q

TTR, you say "17000 without underlying conditions". That seems to indicate that almost 140,000 died who also had other conditions. How many of those would not have died these past 2 years if not for Covid? I suggest the vast majority. Don't they count?

As someone on meds for high BP, high cholesterol and other conditions plus two stents in my left ventrical..... I'm fit despite all of that. Still get out on the racing bike (not in inclement weather I hasten to add) for rides of between 20Km and 80Km 3 or 4 times a week. When local football is on I also ref 2 or 3 times a month. I'm lucky not to be be one of the 140K you seem to dismiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Red: Many of those vulnerable people are ***** to our society. I'm surprised that, seeing as we've experienced how much of an impact a driver shortage has caused this year, you can not see how important it is to protect people. Have a guess how many will have died directly due to covid, or due to overflowing hospitals, if precautions had not been taken.
    Our society is built on survival of the fittest, but fit means hardworking skilled and intelligent people, not some unskilled lazy idiot with no underlying health issues.

Reposted
    ‘Our society is built on survival of the fittest’. You sure about that Ramshank? You’ll be saying ‘there’s no such thing as society’ next.
    Surely the policy of vaccination during the whole of the pandemic has been the exact opposite of that with the emphasis on the elderly and the most vulnerable being vaccinated first.

Beyond that I have to question what is happening at the moment. Our PM has been identified as the disingenuous liar he, imo, has always been.
    In a quest for his survival we would now seem to be engaging in a number of populist policies, where Covid is concerned, such as the abandonment of compulsory masks in schools, shops, public transport and the doing away with QR codes as a means of gaining access to certain venues.
    Personally I think such actions are very premature. Just a month ago people were very worried about Christmas/New Year being cancelled...a month on and it suddenly seems it’s alright to relax all the rules.
    In my humble opinion viruses and pandemics don’t behave like that and I shall continue to wear a mask in crowded indoor places for a while yet regardless, or perhaps because, of what the message from party central (Downing St) may be.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-01-2022 at 01:24 PM.

TTR, you say "17000 without underlying conditions". That seems to indicate that almost 140,000 died who also had other conditions. How many of those would not have died these past 2 years if not for Covid? I suggest the vast majority. Don't they count?

As someone on meds for high BP, high cholesterol and other conditions plus two stents in my left ventrical..... I'm fit despite all of that. Still get out on the racing bike (not in inclement weather I hasten to add) for rides of between 20Km and 80Km 3 or 4 times a week. When local football is on I also ref 2 or 3 times a month. I'm lucky not to be be one of the 140K you seem to dismiss.
    of course they don't count in his twisted view of the world, lets face it if it hasn't happened to him he doesn't care.

He is a nasty xenophobic, bigoted ****!

I'm just surprised that we have had to put up with his bollox on this Forum for so long, should have been banned a long time ago and be left to trot out the ****e he gleans from dubious internet sites on the red dogs forum, but hey guess our Mod needs all the support he can get even from complete thickos like this guy!

Maddy, don;'t take my word for it, find the videos from the medical blokes.
    Yes the offical figures state, that 17000 died from covid alone.
    The rest, (with an average age of 81.7 years), had other conditions. Some were already in hospital for those conditions. Yet the minute they test positive for COVID, thats what has been recorded as killing them.
    In such circumstances, the flu could do the same job.

I suggest you do some digging here, to look at the flu recorded deaths pre COVID.

Someone (world wide) has had our pants down.
    Yes we needed a vaccine, due to a new strain of infection sweeping the planet, but the story is beginning to emerge, that the reaction was over the top.

I remember before the first lock down, "the scientists", were predicting a Spanish flu type explosion and the death toll will run into the millions?

So I dismiss no one.
    I am stating that as we get older, we all have weaker immune systems/organs/frailty.
    I would remind you that I myself, probably have a weaker immune system than you do, as it was destroyed by treatment.
    So in the same vein, anything from chicken pox to the flu could kill me.
    Yes measures such as a vaccine were needed, but the reality is becoming to be seen as a serious over reaction.
    I'll now say to you, what I said to RA.
    Is a 90 year old grandmas life, worth protecting more than a 22 year old mothers cancer treatment?
    Because the reality is, that is exactly what has been happening as the figures will show in the next few years.

Page 250 of 299 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)