+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 273 of 299 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    rA Ive tried three times recently to bring the thread back on track, in fact in response to an earlier request by yourself. each time that’s been ignored by anyone likely to offer debate, including yourself, so I’ll try again. I’m on mobile so can’t navigate the forum so look at the previous page of this thread, reference my post, reference the post number it refers to (my response to your earlier post) and work back from there. Then respond if you wish.

Apologies if my apparently successful efforts to wind Swale up have impacted you. Sincerely.
    Sorry AF...I suspect you’ve misunderstood the meaning of ‘sincerely’. When you took over the forum you were like a breath of fresh air but things have changed.

You apparently can’t look back, which is unfortunate because debate involves precisely that, but when you can, just count the number of snide asides that have come from the three of you and the number of times you’ve acted provocatively...largely towards Swale.

That, imo, is not what a moderator should be doing.

You were totally and demonstrably wrong in your comment about birds. That doesn’t matter one jot, we all make mistakes...but when some one then resurfaces to say something as ridiculous as, ‘I wasn’t wrong, there was no confusion on my part anyway the use of particular bird species is interchangeable’ one has to question the point of engaging further in any sort of debate on any issue with them because that sentence is, frankly, delusional.

He can look back, just not when he's out and about and accessing the forum from his phone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ........ one has to question the point of engaging further in any sort of debate on any issue with them because that sentence is, frankly, delusional.
    So why are you perpetuating the debate. Isn't it a lot easier to head off for a mutual masturbation session with Swale instead of debating things with those who don't share your narrowly defined perception of what is right and wrong in life. You clearly find conflicting opinion to your own a stressful experience - why not, as has been suggested, take a chill pill?

And for someone who has no time to engage in debate, per a few posts back, you sure as hell seem to find a load of it from somewhere - bet your garden must be a neglected mess! I use the emoji as you seem to find i hard to distinguish light hearted frippery fromerious didactics

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    He can look back, just not when he's out and about and accessing the forum from his phone, apparently.
    Not sure if that’s trying to help rA or having a dig at me, but I don’t usually have access to a laptop whether in or out

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry AF...I suspect you’ve misunderstood the meaning of ‘sincerely’. When you took over the forum you were like a breath of fresh air but things have changed.

You apparently can’t look back, which is unfortunate because debate involves precisely that, but when you can, just count the number of snide asides that have come from the three of you and the number of times you’ve acted provocatively...largely towards Swale.

That, imo, is not what a moderator should be doing.

You were totally and demonstrably wrong in your comment about birds. That doesn’t matter one jot, we all make mistakes...but when some one then resurfaces to say something as ridiculous as, ‘I wasn’t wrong, there was no confusion on my part anyway the use of particular bird species is interchangeable’ one has to question the point of engaging further in any sort of debate on any issue with them because that sentence is, frankly, delusional.
    I once more offered to get the thread back on track, and I got a lecture. That’s a shame

I once more offered to get the thread back on track, and I got a lecture. That’s a shame
    I suggest you look at your fellow ‘musketeer’s’ comment above. It demonstrates to us all how low the standards of the forum have fallen.

Incidentally GP...I clearly don’t find ‘conflicting opinions’ remotely ‘stressful’ or I wouldn’t have been on here for the last five or six years would I? Healthy debate and disagreement is great. Abuse, avoidance and attempted ridicule just rather pathetic...imo...and when you have a moderator openly admitting to trying to ‘wind’ another poster the somethings clearly wrong.

As for why am I ‘perpetuating’ the debate? Have a look back, unless you’re unable to too, and consider who started things off again last night (AF)...and again first thing this morning (TTR).
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-02-2022 at 01:04 PM.

so simply ignore, dont rise to the bait.... its the difficult option I agree, but sometimes its worthwhile
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 25-02-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Not sure if that’s trying to help rA or having a dig at me, but I don’t usually have access to a laptop whether in or out
    Desktop maybe?

I'm actually quite disappointed by the or part of your post. If I have a dig at anyone, it is never veiled, not even slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Desktop maybe?

I'm actually quite disappointed by the or part of your post. If I have a dig at anyone, it is never veiled, not even slightly.
    Fair comment

I’m currently technically homeless (by choice, not in a feel sorry for me way) and all IT apart from my iPad and phone is in storage. The desktop version of the forum doesn’t work on mobile devices (regularly) and the mobile version has most facilities inc all mod facilities disabled

I’ve just been listening to R4 news and fear for rA’s welfare

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60609646

Page 273 of 299 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)