+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 286 of 299 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

So, having been at Lords yesterday for 8 hours with no mask, amongst a sea of people who, with one exception, were also without masks, I now feel a sore throat. Dr Andy, or Dr rA, what do I do, I haven't got those important 10 seconds to find out, I need Nanny to drip feed me the information repeatedly. Ah sod it, I'll go down the pub and share, that was what I thought we were supposed to do ........

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So, having been at Lords yesterday for 8 hours with no mask, amongst a sea of people who, with one exception, were also without masks, I now feel a sore throat. Dr Andy, or Dr rA, what do I do, I haven't got those important 10 seconds to find out, I need Nanny to drip feed me the information repeatedly. Ah sod it, I'll go down the pub and share, that was what I thought we were supposed to do ........
    You could wait til Autumn and have a fourth jab, as HMG have just announced, for over 50s. Be a lot safer at the pub then

So Andy...if the guidance is so easy to find and follow...what is it?

You’re very quick to find fault with people questioning but have, as yet, to produce any sort of answer.

So, in your opinion, what is the advice/would be your advice in the following factual scenario.

A teacher falls ill with Covid and tests positive on Wednesday. Understandably too ill to work on Thursday and Friday he feels much better by Sunday evening but is still testing positive. The head has said he should be well enough to work by Monday and he feels well enough to work but, even on Monday morning, he’s still testing positive.

So he feels well enough to work but remains, according to the test, positive and infectious. What do you recommend after your ten seconds of research.
    1) Go back to work and carry on regardless...or 2) Recognise that by returning to work he will be spending time indoors with maybe around forty other staff and teaching maybe five or six forty minute lessons to up to another 150 pupils all in the relatively intimate confines of a classroom where the virus might well spread.

1 would be displaying a very laudable attitude and I’m sure we’ve all done it with some of the more routine illnesses that do the rounds, but if we’re really going to get on top of this pandemic and get back to normal don’t we have to be more respectful of 2? Over to you.

You do a test and stay out of everyone’s way if it’s positive, but I’d be surprised if anything you caught yesterday is already showing up although apparently the new variant becomes apparent much more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

You’re very quick to find fault with people questioning but have, as yet, to produce any sort of answer.

So, in your opinion, what is the advice/would be your advice in the following factual scenario.

A teacher falls ill with Covid and tests positive on Wednesday. Understandably too ill to work on Thursday and Friday he feels much better by Sunday evening but is still testing positive. The head has said he should be well enough to work by Monday and he feels well enough to work but, even on Monday morning, he’s still testing positive.

So he feels well enough to work but remains, according to the test, positive and infectious. What do you recommend after your ten seconds of research.
    1) Go back to work and carry on regardless...or 2) Recognise that by returning to work he will be spending time indoors with maybe around forty other staff and teaching maybe five or six forty minute lessons to up to another 150 pupils all in the relatively intimate confines of a classroom where the virus might well spread.

1 would be displaying a very laudable attitude and I’m sure we’ve all done it with some of the more routine illnesses that do the rounds, but if we’re really going to get on top of this pandemic and get back to normal don’t we have to be more respectful of 2? Over to you.
    Thats an easy one - option 3. You're a teacher, you're soon going to have 17 weeks paid holiday over the summer, so just knock off a couple of weeks early, start your holiday early and skive off. Probably get a cheaper flight somewhere if yo head overseas before the rest of the kids and parents clog up the airports and flights, so its the right thing to do to avoid spreading it in those crowds too

You do a test and stay out of everyone’s way if it’s positive, but I’d be surprised if anything you caught yesterday is already showing up although apparently the new variant becomes apparent much more quickly.
    Do you thin consuming a gallon of Pimms may be the cause of the soreness?

Thats an easy one - option 3. You're a teacher, you're soon going to have 17 weeks paid holiday over the summer, so just knock off a couple of weeks early, start your holiday early and skive off. Probably get a cheaper flight somewhere if yo head overseas before the rest of the kids and parents clog up the airports and flights, so its the right thing to do to avoid spreading it in those crowds too

Do you thin consuming a gallon of Pimms may be the cause of the soreness?
    More likely to be you having your egg and bacon MCC tie too tight.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...1-e3109cce8eae

MY advice? Dead simple, a version of, and very close to, 2.

Edit: 'You’re very quick to find fault with people questioning' has the ring of animosity about it, what's the problem?
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 15-07-2022 at 06:28 PM.

More likely to be you having your egg and bacon MCC tie too tight.
    Sadly I didn't think of applying 35 years ago when I knew the then Middle*** president, or I might almost have served the apprenticeship to qualify for one next decade!

They don't take kindly to knock off ties from Hong Kong

Page 286 of 299 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)