+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 288 of 299 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

The way I see it is good managers know who takes the mick with sickness, patterns emerge, it's not difficult.

HR should let managers manage and don't enforce paper exercises on staff who are genuinely sick.

I've run multiple departments on both sides of the channel. Up to 75 direct reports in one job. I've always been the same, folk with a little sniffle, let them get on with it. People with a full blown cold or flu, I sent them home and told them to come back when better to avoid passing whatever it was onto the rest of the department. I then informed the personnel department (or whatever name it had at the time) of what I had done and why. Return to work interviews? Never had one, never given one and, as far as I know, never worked with anybody who's had one except to work out if the person concerned was fit enough to return full time and at full capacity or needed to be eased back in over a period.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I've run multiple departments on both sides of the channel. Up to 75 direct reports in one job. I've always been the same, folk with a little sniffle, let them get on with it. People with a full blown cold or flu, I sent them home and told them to come back when better to avoid passing whatever it was onto the rest of the department. I then informed the personnel department (or whatever name it had at the time) of what I had done and why. Return to work interviews? Never had one, never given one and, as far as I know, never worked with anybody who's had one except to work out if the person concerned was fit enough to return full time and at full capacity or needed to be eased back in over a period.
    Likewise MA...the only return to work meetings I’ve been involved in have been when someone’s returned after a period of either very serious illness or when someone has had a mental health issue.

As SithH suggests, ‘good managers know who takes the mick’. Unfortunately the pendulum has maybe swung a little too far with a minority of individuals, making knowing someone is taking the **** quite different from being able to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    What ‘animosity and vitriol’? This thread is entitled ‘The Government’s Handling of Covid’. If you bother to read it, rather than just make things up, you’ll find that the ONE thing most people, including me, have ever given Boris Johnson credit for is the handling of the vaccine roll out.
    There have been other things, most notably about contracts, that have attracted criticism...quite reasonably imo...however in ‘resurrecting’ the thread in recent days I haven’t indulged in any ‘animosity or vitriol’ and I don’t believe anyone else has.
    Speaking personally, my sole intention has been to encourage debate about how it is being handled at the moment by a) a government sidetracked by the failings and dishonesty of its own leader and b) at a time when the increases in cases and decrease in testing and mask wearing have been correspondingly spectacular.
    Except Johnson did **** all about the vaccine or how it was rolled out, it was the one thing left to those who knew what they were doing!!

As for being ahead of the rest of the world with the vaccine, that didn't stop us having a massively worse death rate and as I said at the time, the rest soon caught up.

Soon caught up with the death rate?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Except Johnson did **** all about the vaccine or how it was rolled out, it was the one thing left to those who knew what they were doing!!

As for being ahead of the rest of the world with the vaccine, that didn't stop us having a massively worse death rate and as I said at the time, the rest soon caught up.
    Tbf Swale, the implementation of most, if not all, ‘government’ initiatives is actually put into practice by civil servants/other professionals.

Johnson at least got some of the Covid calls right...particularly in relation to the role out of the vaccine...and considering I’d almost certainly share your opinion that he has been the worst, most dishonest, most lacking in integrity, most bumbling, least competent and frankly most embarrassing PM of all time...let’s give some credit where it is due.

So in a nutshell you're a Johnson apologist, rA?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So in a nutshell you're a Johnson apologist, rA?
    Lol...’in a nutshell’, GP...I’d have his head on a spike at Traitors’ Gate...but if there was one thing during his disastrous tenure that he didn’t screw up completely, it was the vaccine roll out.

But it’s no longer about him. It’s about how we handle a problem from here on in that really hasn’t gone away.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-07-2022 at 04:46 PM.

Just back from 4 days in Rheinland-Pfalz. Masks not compulsory. Maybe 1% wearage in supermarkets.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Just back from 4 days in Rheinland-Pfalz. Masks not compulsory. Maybe 1% wearage in supermarkets.
    Just back from Nurnberg, it is exactly the same there. Only ones wearing them now, seem to be the very old

Page 288 of 299 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)