+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 289 of 299 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Noticed when driving the length of Spain (return) that all coach drivers seem to have to wear masks...also local buses appeared to have 100% compliance from passengers as far as mask wearing is concerned.
    Much more relaxed in shops (except pharmacies) bars and hotels than has been the case for the last two years.
    Not convinced by Brittany Ferries’ anti Covid measures. About 1% wearing masks...not great where self service buffet type food is concerned and the cleaning didn’t appear to be very thorough. Lots of coughs and sneezes on board still...’you pays your money...’ as they say and, tbf...we didn’t wear masks either.

2 colleagues out with it at the moment, 1 of them, a very fit and healthy 40 year old man with no underlying conditions, in hospital. The other, came into work with it before it hit her bad. Irresponsible.
    Don't need any lockdowns, but caution still needs taking.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Noticed when driving the length of Spain (return) that all coach drivers seem to have to wear masks...also local buses appeared to have 100% compliance from passengers as far as mask wearing is concerned.
    Much more relaxed in shops (except pharmacies) bars and hotels than has been the case for the last two years.
    Not convinced by Brittany Ferries’ anti Covid measures. About 1% wearing masks...not great where self service buffet type food is concerned and the cleaning didn’t appear to be very thorough. Lots of coughs and sneezes on board still...’you pays your money...’ as they say and, tbf...we didn’t wear masks either.
    Have you been offered a 4th jab yet? I've been offered one, not sure whether as over 60 or underlying health issues but I'm off to be done later in the week

Flu jab on Thursday...got to arrange Covid jabs today after getting over sixties invite via email a couple of days ago.
    Couldn’t believe it, after thirty days of warmth, when the frost warning (below 4 degrees) went off on the car three minutes from home.
    Back to reality!

Had both of mine on same day about 3 weeks ago, but Ive not had a month away on holiday! Moderna this time, completing my set of 3 different ones. Felt a bit tired 10 hours later so just went to bed early and no other side effects of note

I'm guessing the cold weather is Truss' fault too rA . Or maybe its a sinister plot by the energy companies to make people use more oil, gas and electric and so increase profits. Or perhaps both............ after all its not usually cold in October

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Flu jab on Thursday...got to arrange Covid jabs today after getting over sixties invite via email a couple of days ago.
    Couldn’t believe it, after thirty days of warmth, when the frost warning (below 4 degrees) went off on the car three minutes from home.
    Back to reality!
    My van’s low temperature warning kicked in this am. It wouldn’t start

#5 for me tomorrow. #4 for my other half. 11 years difference in age probably the reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Had both of mine on same day about 3 weeks ago, but Ive not had a month away on holiday! Moderna this time, completing my set of 3 different ones. Felt a bit tired 10 hours later so just went to bed early and no other side effects of note

I'm guessing the cold weather is Truss' fault too rA . Or maybe its a sinister plot by the energy companies to make people use more oil, gas and electric and so increase profits. Or perhaps both............ after all its not usually cold in October
    Sorted...week tomorrow...but I’m sure these will only be our third, not 4th or 5th, the last ones almost exactly a year ago.

I’m not sure why you keep suggesting I blame Truss for everything, GP. YOU maybe need to look at YOUR own choice of adjectives in YOUR thread about the Mavis/Crazy budget. I know they’re bonkers at best (malicious at worst), it’s YOU who’ve defended them for the last twelve and a half years or more.

As for going away for a month...it’s called retirement...not my fault if you don’t want it yet...you’re old enough and wealthy enough as you never tire of telling us.

Apologies...next week’s will be our fourth. 2 x AstraZeneca, 1 x Pfizer/BioNTech (last October) and Covid itself (me only) last July.

Strangely enough, in my extended family there's only 3 who haven't had the 'rona. 84 year old mother in law, 75 year old sister in law and me. Is this one of the benefits of eating mud at the age of 3 whilst playing outside?

Page 289 of 299 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)