+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I guess you subscribe to the Times then rA if you can read the link. Would never have taken you for a Murdoch man. Still never cease to surprise....
    Right...I mightn’t just have read MA’s link then?
    Honestly GP...I sometimes think you’ve been hacked by TTR or that bloke from Brentford, such is your eagerness to divert and digress.

If you think the government you seem so supportive of is doing such a grand job why don’t you, just for once, make a case for them instead of just sniping at those who’ve actually noticed that things aren’t quite as they should be?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Honestly GP...I sometimes think you’ve been hacked by TTR or that bloke from Brentford, such is your eagerness to divert and digress.

If you think the government you seem so supportive of is doing such a grand job why don’t you, just for once, make a case for them instead of just sniping at those who’ve actually noticed that things aren’t quite as they should be?
    Kin knew I'd get dragged into it.

Now you have, here let me help you. The Tories have been a bag of **** with COVID.
    However, considering no one else has done it before, the odds were in their favour to **** it up.
    As for the line of in it all together, is that the same one Starmer said, before critising in past tense everytime he could? Political point scoring, no answers, no help.

As said even since the last election, I fail to see anything as an alternative that would be any better, probably worse on the evidence witnessed. Such is the poor pool of politicians this country has.

I still stand by my conviction that Sweden did the right thing. Take hit, ride it out and will recover a hell of a lot quicker than the rest of us. The mish mash of guidelines we have had, have only prolonged the agony and like it or lump it, COVID will run its course.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

No, I don't think you'd just read the link, since when I tried to, the page demanded I subscribe in order to read anything more than the first few lines..... Hence my surprise that you could clearly read it. No other comment made, Mr Defensive

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Kin knew I'd get dragged into it.

Now you have, here let me help you. The Tories have been a bag of **** with COVID.
    However, considering no one else has done it before, the odds were in their favour to **** it up.
    As for the line of in it all together, is that the same one Starmer said, before critising in past tense everytime he could? Political point scoring, no answers, no help.

As said even since the last election, I fail to see anything as an alternative that would be any better, probably worse on the evidence witnessed. Such is the poor pool of politicians this country has.

I still stand by my conviction that Sweden did the right thing. Take hit, ride it out and will recover a hell of a lot quicker than the rest of us. The mish mash of guidelines we have had, have only prolonged the agony and like it or lump it, COVID will run its course.

presumably you missed the bit at the start where Starmer offered to work with Johnson and this government over Covbid-19 and was soundly rebuffed, most likely because BoJo thought he could make political capital by being the "saviour" of the country.

Since then Starme rplayed it carefully ad it sonly the last couple of months, following each government claim about a "world beating " test and track system, etc etc. that he has quite rightly called the government out on their lies, spin and incompetence in the handling of the situation - but presumably you don't actually have a clue what a "good" politician looks or sounds like? A "bad" politician seems to be anyone who doesn't act in line with your rather bizarre views?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    presumably you missed the bit at the start where Starmer offered to work with Johnson and this government over Covbid-19 and was soundly rebuffed, most likely because BoJo thought he could make political capital by being the "saviour" of the country.

Since then Starme rplayed it carefully ad it sonly the last couple of months, following each government claim about a "world beating " test and track system, etc etc. that he has quite rightly called the government out on their lies, spin and incompetence in the handling of the situation - but presumably you don't actually have a clue what a "good" politician looks or sounds like? A "bad" politician seems to be anyone who doesn't act in line with your rather bizarre views?
    You make me roll, alcopop, you really do.
    Captain hindsight can do and say what he wants. Many of us, think he's just as useless as he was in his previous jobs and the fact he spent 3 years undermining Brexit. Never opposing Corbyn or slaughtering him, until he got his job.
    So I'll say again, the current crop of politicians are garbage.
    You hate the Tories, I get that. In fact we all are probably pig sick at your sniping. But your stance with Corbyn and now Starner is a right giggle. Have a few more cans and give us a right laugh again please.
    Here's some music, great wisdom wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cM...hannel=OMCVEVO

No, I don't think you'd just read the link, since when I tried to, the page demanded I subscribe in order to read anything more than the first few lines..... Hence my surprise that you could clearly read it. No other comment made, Mr Defensive
    I read the part of the link that MA provided...I think the point was made, although not, I accept, the full detail. Beyond that I refer you to my original response.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You make me roll, alcopop, you really do.
    Captain hindsight can do and say what he wants. Many of us, think he's just as useless as he was in his previous jobs and the fact he spent 3 years undermining Brexit. Never opposing Corbyn or slaughtering him, until he got his job.
    So I'll say again, the current crop of politicians are garbage.
    You hate the Tories, I get that. In fact we all are probably pig sick at your sniping. But your stance with Corbyn and now Starner is a right giggle. Have a few more cans and give us a right laugh again please.
    Here's some music, great wisdom wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cM...hannel=OMCVEVO
    I doubt that you understand a tenth of what I post actually . never mind laugh at it! Many of us? Thats the bottom 10% thick as **** self proclaimed victims like you then? Not sure I'd be proud of claiming allegiance with a bunch of no hopers but each to his own I guess!

Your clear lack of understanding of politics and reality shines through in your post! In any organisation, outright opposition to the current leader is career suicide, and in politics like life one has to play the long game and act when the time is right.

You see things as black and white, because as a simpleton thats all you can understand, but then again your numerous posts have demonstrated that you have zero understanding of reality.

So a good politician to you is one who supports Brexit? mm so as I said no assessment of the ability or qualities of the person, just do I agree with everything that person says? You do realise that actually there are millions of people in this country who don't think like you? That any politician has to appeal to a broad base of people?

Actually I don't "hate" the Tories, I'm not keen on the current crop of useless ****s and by and large understand that the Tories are in politics to protect the rich powerful elite, big business and the like and are only interested in the average citizen when it comes to elections.

And clearly there are enough clueless dolts like your self who will vote for them if they perceive its in their interests, even though history would suggest it rarely is.

Still no doubt thats why your in a dead end job scrubbing around to make a living and being a victim, whereas I have a comfortable retirement and can have so many choices as to where i live and what i want to do! So laugh all you want, sucker!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I doubt that you understand a tenth of what I post actually . never mind laugh at it! Many of us? Thats the bottom 10% thick as **** self proclaimed victims like you then? Not sure I'd be proud of claiming allegiance with a bunch of no hopers but each to his own I guess!

Your clear lack of understanding of politics and reality shines through in your post! In any organisation, outright opposition to the current leader is career suicide, and in politics like life one has to play the long game and act when the time is right.

You see things as black and white, because as a simpleton thats all you can understand, but then again your numerous posts have demonstrated that you have zero understanding of reality.

So a good politician to you is one who supports Brexit? mm so as I said no assessment of the ability or qualities of the person, just do I agree with everything that person says? You do realise that actually there are millions of people in this country who don't think like you? That any politician has to appeal to a broad base of people?

Actually I don't "hate" the Tories, I'm not keen on the current crop of useless ****s and by and large understand that the Tories are in politics to protect the rich powerful elite, big business and the like and are only interested in the average citizen when it comes to elections.

And clearly there are enough clueless dolts like your self who will vote for them if they perceive its in their interests, even though history would suggest it rarely is.

Still no doubt thats why your in a dead end job scrubbing around to make a living and being a victim, whereas I have a comfortable retirement and can have so many choices as to where i live and what i want to do! So laugh all you want, sucker!
    They say that resorting to personal insults is the last refuge of a failed argument. Come on, you're better than that - its too early in the morning for this version of Swale surely.

They say that resorting to personal insults is the last refuge of a failed argument. Come on, you're better than that - its too early in the morning for this version of Swale surely.

Whoever they are! I think you have too much time on your hands!

Ah but he never responds when I demolish his ravings with a clear concise argument so its not worth the effort. Besides which Thicky baiting amuses me!

"They" as they always are, are the Humphreys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOeL18BFc0o

Page 30 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)