+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

And so this is Christmas,
    And what have you done?
    Another tier over,
    And a new one just begun.

OR

Tiers for souvenirs are all you left me..........

How many times Ram? It’s not a question of ‘would Labour have done any better’, although it is noticeable that Johnson is now following the advice he ridiculed from Starmer four days ago. It’s about doing what’s best and getting things right.

Yes GP, it would be lovely to ‘depoliticise’ Covid...in my own defence I’d say I haven’t once criticised this Government because they are Tories...but because they are incompetent. They simply cannot tell so many lies and do so many ‘U’ turns and retain any shred of credibility imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Post numbers are found at the right hand end of the black frame containing the date and time of a post....

Attachment 17846
    Sadly not on my phone, but agree on laptop you can

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    How many times Ram? It’s not a question of ‘would Labour have done any better’, although it is noticeable that Johnson is now following the advice he ridiculed from Starmer four days ago. It’s about doing what’s best and getting things right.

Yes GP, it would be lovely to ‘depoliticise’ Covid...in my own defence I’d say I haven’t once criticised this Government because they are Tories...but because they are incompetent. They simply cannot tell so many lies and do so many ‘U’ turns and retain any shred of credibility imo.
    But, you seem to imply that it's simple to get things right. Will you agree with me that the Welsh labour run government have made a right mess of things, which ultimately comes back to Starmer?

RA "..in my own defence I’d say I haven’t once criticised this Government because they are Tories..."

Did you manage to keep a straight face when saying that? You need to enter a few high stakes poker games if you did!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    RA "..in my own defence I’d say I haven’t once criticised this Government because they are Tories..."

Did you manage to keep a straight face when saying that? You need to enter a few high stakes poker games if you did!!
    Sigh! You just read into things what you want to and jump to assumptions.

Yep, I repeatedly criticised Corbyn and found it hard to vote Labour when he was in charge.
    I am naturally slightly left of centre, an admirer of Starmer and of Blair - pre Iraq, but I recognise the value of ‘one-nation’ Conservatism.
    Unfortunately it no longer seems to have a role within Johnson’s new ultra right and equally incompetent Party, and it is them I despair of, as I suspect do an increasing number of decent Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    And so this is Christmas,
    And what have you done?
    Another tier over,
    And a new one just begun.

OR

Tiers for souvenirs are all you left me..........
    Oh, how much better off we’d be with Doddy at the helm

We would have run out of tax revenue and not be able to afford furlough if Diddy Doddy was in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    We would have run out of tax revenue and not be able to afford furlough if Diddy Doddy was in charge
    yes but we'd do so with a smile on our faces! I'd thought of another witty response but it related to Freddy Parrot Face Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    But, you seem to imply that it's simple to get things right. Will you agree with me that the Welsh labour run government have made a right mess of things, which ultimately comes back to Starmer?

No he didin't, but there is a way of gaing people's trust and lets face it lying, waffling, ignoring advice and raising false hope isn't it.

Why only on Tuesday he was slagging off Starmer for wanting to cancel Christmas, then by Sat is doing just that! This is despite the fact that the rise in cases associated with a new strain of Covid was know on 9 Dec!

Then you ahve the stupid, we got the vaccine first because are better than all those other countries! No we bought it and accelerated the approval of a vaccine manufactured in belgium and created by Turkish immigrants in germany!

Page 44 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)