+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 258 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    But seriously, and this is just an observation and really not an anti-Brit comment, the compliance from virtually everyone in southern Spain three and a half months ago was so, so much better.
    Seriously RA, it isn't just this country.
    It also depends on the age group, where ever you look. The younger they are, the more the rules are ignored.
    This virus is never going away, whilst we have illegal parties/BLM demo's / LGBT demo's/ Anti virus demo's and on and on and on.

As for these morons, well what can I say?
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/01/e...ntl/index.html

But seriously, and this is just an observation and really not an anti-Brit comment, the compliance from virtually everyone in southern Spain three and a half months ago was so, so much better.
    Again you must live in a part of the country where this is the case, as its not my observation in the UK.

Mind you, being foolish enough to go abroad during a pandemic, perhaps shows a lack of judgement on your part? You could well have been one of those who brought this different variant back from Spain!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Again you must live in a part of the country where this is the case, as its not my observation in the UK.

Mind you, being foolish enough to go abroad during a pandemic, perhaps shows a lack of judgement on your part? You could well have been one of those who brought this different variant back from Spain!
    Whether RA exercised GOOD judgement in going abroad is not for him to say, you've already determined it as foolish and you are right about everything so he'll have to suck that up. However, there was no LACK of judgement, he discussed a lot with me and I've no doubt many others.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

To clarify. I’ve said before that in the area of Spain I went to the figures were exceedingly low and yet adherence to mask wearing was 100% in shops (compare that with Andy’s recent tales of ASDA) and an estimated 85% in the streets.

Was it foolish? There was certainly some degree of risk - there is with everything - but at the time (Sept/Oct) I broke absolutely no rules, took extra precautions on the plane, made sure I had the correct QR codes, only visited outdoor bars and restaurants, filled the car with fuel on the way to the airport so I didn’t have to stop on the way back and then self isolated for 14 days.

Frankly I believe I’d have been more at risk in Asda with Andy or in any UK classroom environment in the company of thirty odd kids.

It was the mixing over Xmas that startled me specifically the absolute "well I'm doing it anyway" attitude. That seems to have then reflected in greater mask disobedience. It's just a reflection on one little enclave in a lower income sector, and I'm not pistulating it as nationally typical, but it's disturbing.

The "bollox to rules over Xmas" attitude no doubt has roots in the late change of lockdown tiers, and the spoiling of plans for short family gatherings. But interestingly a load of raves and pub lock ins were also broken up in the area

Maybe I had a road to Jerusalem moment exposing a side of Joe public stupidity I'd not seen before?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Maybe I had a road to Jerusalem moment exposing a side of Joe public stupidity I'd not seen before?
    Indeed maybe you have!

IF Johnson hadn't been so desperate to be the bearer of good news and had kept things on an even keel, things might be a wee bit different. But he seems incapable of saying it straight, possibly because he has based his whole career on saying nice things to peoples faces and then doing the opposite once they have gone? Truly the words "world beating " should never have been uttered by a member of the government and that petty crowing over getting the vaccine first and how the Uk was "better than all the other country's" was a tad childish and insulting.

I guess we are where we are and must hope that the roll out of the vaccine isn't ****ed up!

I'm hearing that school reopening might be delayed, not 48 hrs after Williamson declared they would open!

It's all Boris Johnson's fault that Dave went into Tesco yesterday with his mask under his chin, dirty hands and coughing everywhere, after updating his Facebook profile picture with an "I'm still European" frame.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    It's all Boris Johnson's fault that Dave went into Tesco yesterday with his mask under his chin, dirty hands and coughing everywhere, after updating his Facebook profile picture with an "I'm still European" frame.
    Ah the trusty rather dim bloke posts again! Shame you don't actually understand what been posted really isn't it? Nobody has said "its all Johnson's fault" but he and his incompetent bunch of brown nosers haven't covered themselves in glory have they?

So your a fan of leaders who are liars, incompetent, haphazard, indecisive, untruthful, unable to give a consistent message, spaff billions on companies run by mates, talks about a "world beating" app that doesn't work, gives jobs to unqualified mates? Has no strategy is unable to demonstrate even the simplest of leadership skills?

Oh of course as long as you like what your hearing from them, you are not bothered whether it is actually factually true are you?

P.S. Is Romford in London or Es***? Sometimes seems to me that if we were to cut Es*** and somewhere called Thanet adrift we'd all be better off and they could indulge themselves in their Little Britain paradises under King Nigel.
    It's sort of both. As long as you incorporate Barking and Dagenham in your excised part of the country, you'll have no argument from me.

Page 53 of 258 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)