+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I think you may have a typo in there Swale. The two bits in bold contradict one another...........
    Your correct we left in December 2019 and were not EU members in 2020! Well this Brexit baffles me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    We'll agree to disagree, Ursella said on Friday that those part of the procurement plan were not allowed to have parallel negotiations as part of their contract being part of the procurement plan. The UK would have had to sign up to the same rules, surely, a fact stated by the UK's ambassador to the EU.

All this has come about because several EU countries unhappy with the EU procurement plan have discussed getting their own supplies, resulting in the EU president's slap down on Friday, co-incidently, the EU has just ordered an extra 200 million Pfizer vaccines, but denies that they ordered short, as many countries have claimed.

I know which theory I believe and that's the one whereby we're better off outside this procurement plan.
    Well Germany does not appear to have realised what you claim is true!

Only two days after Ursula von der Leyen’s announcement of the show of EU unity, Germany announced that it had struck a bilateral deal with the domestic drugmaker Pfizer and BioNtech for an additional 30 million doses that would exclusively go to the country.

On the point of whether the EU has ordered enough vaccine does I'd say you were correct.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well Germany does not appear to have realised what you claim is true!

Only two days after Ursula von der Leyen’s announcement of the show of EU unity, Germany announced that it had struck a bilateral deal with the domestic drugmaker Pfizer and BioNtech for an additional 30 million doses that would exclusively go to the country.

On the point of whether the EU has ordered enough vaccine does I'd say you were correct.
    The EU commission officer has stated that technically it's okay for the Germans to do a deal because the supplies will be made AFTER the EU has had their full allocation. So, Germany or the UK would not have been able to have had any extra at the same time, never mind before the rest of the EU. The principle of the agreement is to stop rich members of the programme getting supplies before everyone else.

Sort of Covid related..... I just told myself I need to stop drinking......... then I thought "why would you listen to a drunk who talks to himself?"

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Sort of Covid related..... I just told myself I need to stop drinking......... then I thought "why would you listen to a drunk who talks to himself?"
    that's not bad actually.

I ran out of toilet paper yesterday, so had to use a lettuce.
    But that was just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm pissing myself at this - some over 80 year olds are turning down the Pfizer vaccine saying they would rather wait for the "British one", they will **** themselves when they find out the Oxford one isn't "British". OMG the mentality of these ****s!

Only 1.3million Britons have been vaccinated in the first month of the critical programme, as the sluggish roll out fails to gather steam. It has been plagued by supply and staffing shortages, logistical problems and bureaucratic barriers that have strangled the scale-up.

Now who would have expected that?

Only 1.3million Britons have been vaccinated in the first month of the critical programme, as the sluggish roll out fails to gather steam. It has been plagued by supply and staffing shortages, logistical problems and bureaucratic barriers that have strangled the scale-up.

Sluggish -says who, where’s your benchmark?

Failing to gather steam - says who, And just to correct you (again), logically if it was 1.3 million on jan 6 and the same source has stated 2.3 million by yesterday, by deduction that’s gathering steam

‘Plagued’ - says who apart from a sensationalising media and folk who suck it up

You are actually part of the problem Swale, and I don’t just mean Covid. Now who would have expected that?

Edit I’ve just seen you taking the **** out of the elderly now, jeez how low will you stoop? Tell you what, there’s a young lad with a stutter on tv, do you want a link?
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 11-01-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Come on Swale, you write this, on a day when the media is full of the facts that over 2.6 million jabs (2.3 million people) have been issued up until today, a fraction over a month.

When you spout things like this, how can we be expected to believe 'facts', which you claim to be an expert in?

Question: which is greater A or B ?

A, 27 x 2
    B, 1 x 4

The answer is B, of course.

The little old UK has given out more vaccines in 4 weeks than the 27 EU countries have in 2 weeks.

I'm pissing myself at this - some over 80 year olds are turning down the Pfizer vaccine saying they would rather wait for the "British one", they will **** themselves when they find out the Oxford one isn't "British". OMG the mentality of these ****s!
    They're over 80, cut them some slack. You're a thick **** at your age.

Page 70 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)