+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 83 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Anyway whislt we ahve SOME BAME groups worrying about whats in the vaccine, we ahve SOME 80 year old plus white people saying they will wait for the "British" vaccine FFS! Shame the Oxford AstraZeneca isn't actually "British" but there we are, some folks do have strange oideas!
    I'm glad I waited. You've been on my case since I used the phrase 'broadly non-racist' maybe two months ago. It defines someone who claims to be non-racist but just can't help themselves when all said and done. Your comment above is revealing, because it refers to 80 year old white people. I've scoured the media and there's no reference anywhere to the colour of these people. You've invented that either subconsciously or, more likely, consciously. That's the sort of thing that a broadly non-racist person does. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    you'll get into trouble posting links to facts

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm glad I waited. You've been on my case since I used the phrase 'broadly non-racist' maybe two months ago. It defines someone who claims to be non-racist but just can't help themselves when all said and done. Your comment above is revealing, because it refers to 80 year old white people. I've scoured the media and there's no reference anywhere to the colour of these people. You've invented that either subconsciously or, more likely, consciously. That's the sort of thing that a broadly non-racist person does. Hope that helps
    I tend to ignore what he says these days, there so much obviously wrong with much of what he spouts, that I don't believe a word of what he says, even when I'm not in a position to know whether it's right or wrong.

I've taken that view months ago Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Wasting your breath Ram the apologist wing of the forum will be straight on your case
    ‘Apologist wing of the forum’? What or who does that refer to?

When Trump repeatedly spat out the words ‘China virus’ there was only the one identified Coronavirus, it wasn’t necessary and appeared to be just a part of his angry blame game.
    There are now several variants which have originated in the UK, Denmark, South Africa, Brazil and Germany. For the purposes of appropriate treatment they require identification.
    Which bit of that are people struggling to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Apologist wing of the forum’? What or who does that refer to?

When Trump repeatedly spat out the words ‘China virus’ there was only the one identified Coronavirus, it wasn’t necessary and appeared to be just a part of his angry blame game.
    There are now several variants which have originated in the UK, Denmark, South Africa, Brazil and Germany. For the purposes of appropriate treatment they require identification.
    Which bit of that are people struggling to understand?
    Do you not appreciate that there is a subtle difference between calling it a British variant of a global virus, as opposed to calling it the British Virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Do you not appreciate that there is a subtle difference between calling it a British variant of a global virus, as opposed to calling it the British Virus?
    Tbh, no. I think you’re nitpicking...and I’m still puzzled by the phrase ‘apologist wing of the forum’.

If there is such a thing I’ve only seen any evidence of it springing into life to defend the enormously discredited and now former (yes it feels great to say that) President Trump.

Tbh, no. I think you’re nitpicking...and I’m still puzzled by the phrase ‘apologist wing of the forum’.

If there is such a thing I’ve only seen any evidence of it springing into life to defend the enormously discredited and now former (yes it feels great to say that) President Trump.
    The apologist statement didn't come from me.

I wasn't defending Trump, just questioning Merkle’s same use of language, but without any criticism.

I’m still puzzled by the phrase ‘apologist wing of the forum’.
    It was just a throwaway late evening comment, I changed to 'the forum' from 'society' at the last mo.

Rare for this forum, but I'll actually take back my comment regarding this specific piece after watching the videos attached to the article, the gents ivolved tell the story in a stronger manner than the written narrative. My use of the word 'apologist' stands though.

Page 83 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)