+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Gracias Senor!

By the way I meant Trump used the term Chinese Virus as a way of attacking the Chinese.
    I did wonder! Thought that was what you meant.
    I wish Trump was ‘irrelevant’ now Swale. Unfortunately I imagine with his capacity for ‘sour grapes’ he (and his off spring) will be agitating and destabilising for quite a time to come.

and dont forget, he is going to stand again in another 4 years time!

although that plan could be thwarted by a lengthy prison sentence for fraud and other things

IMO the use of the term's Chinese flu and Kung flu were meant as derogatory the way Trump used them.

We now have the 2 "South" variants, America and Africa, The Danish variety, the German Bavariant and the British one. Those terms, I view as reasonable ways of differentiating between the different strains and the easiest way to do that is to call them after the place they were first "diagnosed".

The terms are, indeed, similar but their origins are most definitely not the same and do not have the same original purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    and dont forget, he is going to stand again in another 4 years time!

although that plan could be thwarted by a lengthy prison sentence for fraud and other things
    Has he actually said that GP? Suspect he lost a lot of the more traditional Republican support after his post election behaviour.
    To ‘stand again in another 4 years time’ he first has to win back their support.
    Talk of him and the rest of the Trump clan starting up their own TV channel to destabilise things.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Has he actually said that GP? Suspect he lost a lot of the more traditional Republican support after his post election behaviour.
    To ‘stand again in another 4 years time’ he first has to win back their support.
    Talk of him and the rest of the Trump clan starting up their own TV channel to destabilise things.
    The scary thing is, in the good old US of A, money talks and Trump has got a lot of money. If he wants to go for it and he's vain enough to think that he is the man for the job, it could be quite difficult to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    The scary thing is, in the good old US of A, money talks and Trump has got a lot of money. If he wants to go for it and he's vain enough to think that he is the man for the job, it could be quite difficult to stop him.
    Many old school Republicans don't like the way he's taken over the party and moved it far right to White Supremacy and Conspiracy Theories. They don't like the way he can whip up a crowd to storm the Capitol. They don't like the fact that a Republican President has become the first POTUS ever to be impeached twice. They don't want him back.

When the impeachment trial starts in the Senate, it will take 17 (more is totally acceptable) Rep Senators to vote guilty and then it's curtains for Trump. No more State paid security around him 24/7. Not allowed to run for office again, ever! I think more than 17 rep Senators will vote to remove DT from public life.

He will then probably start up his own TV station to spread his lies and also a Twitter-like message service so he has access to his followers. I'd advise Biden to reinstate the FCC fairness doctrine that demands that journalists report in a manner that is honest, equitable, and balanced.

Trump might then push Junior or Ivanka into the fray as the public face of his wishes but without his orating skills. He would probaby have to start up a Trump Party as well as the Reps will probably turf the whole family, not just Donald. A 3rd party to split the Rep vote would play into the hands of the Democrats.......

What if, is a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    There are also some very interesting court cases being lined up against him, Ram. Most particularly the one being brought by his niece, Mary Trump.
    He may not have quite so much after that and some of the others.
    Unfortunately ‘money talks’ just about everywhere...from politics - how else do you explain the power held by the likes of Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg? - to planning permission.

I haven't seen much money talking in the region of Abu Dhabi recently

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I haven't seen much money talking in the region of Abu Dhabi recently
    Indeed not. Lord Ashcroft (Tory donor) and Medacs Healthcare seem to have seen quite a lot though. About £350m (sounds familiar) rings a bell.

One positive bit of news today, is the rollout of vaccines in Mosques. Hopefully, this will help allay the fears of the Muslim community and result in a much higher take up of the virus in that community.

Page 85 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)