+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 95 of 299 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Oh FFS! I've just read another of Thicky's gibberish! Bullying? How? As if the UK or any other country wouldn't want to ensure that the companies were being transparent and not profiteering, bloody hell Thicky on the side of Big Pharma, thats a turn up for the book. I guess only governments attract his ire, because big corporations are so altruistic!!

The only spin here is that the EU is actually "blocking exports" they aren't and actually can't unless the company concerned have breached a contract!

Thats not to say the Eu haven't ****ed up, but hey the UK never does obviously!
    And breathe .........................

Cardiac on the way I think.

Actually, it is. Does the EU have the right to interfere in a private company?
    If we had done the same with the Oxford vccine, the snow flakes in here and the country would have gone ballistic, accusing us of flexing our imperialistic muscles and upsetting the world.
    Funny as ****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSFt...nnel=talkRADIO

Really? Are they not just asking the companies involved to be transparent over any exports so that they can be assured the vaccine they ordered isn't been sold elsewhere? Seems reasonable to me, though the EU have clearly ****ed up here.
    The naive/Extreme EUphiles would think that and that alone, the more cynical might have a suspicion that the EU intend to bring their unparalleled skill of death by paperwork to bear and cause the Pfizer supply line to be redirected just to avoid spoilage. Maybe the true story is somewhere in between.

I think everyone, EU big shots included, agree with your last statement, and I actually don’t rejoice in it because this is peoples lives we are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The naive/Extreme EUphiles would think that and that alone, the more cynical might have a suspicion that the EU intend to bring their unparalleled skill of death by paperwork to bear and cause the Pfizer supply line to be redirected just to avoid spoilage. Maybe the true story is somewhere in between.

I think everyone, EU big shots included, agree with your last statement, and I actually don’t rejoice in it because this is peoples lives we are talking about
    Looking more deeper in it, Germany, France and the Netherlands had agreed a deal with Astra-Zeneca last June about a month after the UK, then the EU intervened and wanted to do it as an EU wide deal, which would have been fine but then apparently took another two months to reach an agreement, despite not actually altering the original deal!

AS a result, Astra Zenica couldn't finalise their other production facilities required to produce the EU order. Having seen that snafu, Germany went off and did their own deal anyway in September.

As the guy from Astra-Zenica has said, the problems stem from the EU's delay and the only reason they are making a fuss now is to cover their own **** up! But despite the hysterical coverage there is no prospect of the EU blocking exports. Sounds to me like the typical blame game when a cock up is made, politicians as usual making a noise, and saying things they can't enforce to create a distraction.

However, all in all its not going to make much difference on timescales long term, with the EU being around 6 weeks behind the UK.

There really is no hope is there?

https://news.sky.com/video/covid-19-...hurch-12199427

Of course it's just a trading bloc.
    Tell em Nigel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I4q...el=NigelFarage

Please everyone do me a favour and don't quote Thicky. My blood pressure drug use and alcohol consumption is so much lower when I don't have read the utter bilge he posts combined with the fact that the fool seems actually to believe it!

Though I remain convinced he is really being ironic, but thats most likely my vain belief that every human must have some sentient thoughts!! Ah bless

Please everyone do me a favour and don't quote Thicky. My blood pressure drug use and alcohol consumption is so much lower when I don't have read the utter bilge he posts combined with the fact that the fool seems actually to believe it!

Though I remain convinced he is really being ironic, but thats most likely my vain belief that every human must have some sentient thoughts!! Ah bless
    Just don’t read it Swale. I stopped ages ago. Don’t actually have him ‘on ignore’...I just ‘do ignore’ and never respond anymore.

It’s one thing debating with people who disagree and I’m all for people providing sources to support their ‘information’, but when someone just posts endless crap off YouTube, Foxhole, The Express/Mail/Sun etc you do have to wonder if they’re capable of forming thoughts of their own.

Until then...it’s just not worth it...ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just don’t read it Swale. I stopped ages ago. Don’t actually have him ‘on ignore’...I just ‘do ignore’ and never respond anymore.

It’s one thing debating with people who disagree and I’m all for people providing sources to support their ‘information’, but when someone just posts endless crap off YouTube, Foxhole, The Express/Mail/Sun etc you do have to wonder if they’re capable of forming thoughts of their own.

Until then...it’s just not worth it...ignore.
    He has been on ignore for a couple of weeks, but then someone posts quoting him and the gibberish is there in full view...gulp!

I won't be debating anything with Thicky ever again.

I'm pissing myself at this - some over 80 year olds are turning down the Pfizer vaccine saying they would rather wait for the "British one", they will **** themselves when they find out the Oxford one isn't "British". OMG the mentality of these ****s!
    If you were pissing yourself over our over 80s thinking that the Oxford vaccine was made in Britain, God knows what your thinking now that the EU, is trying to get their hands on the same fantasy vaccine. Typical of the Germans trying to pinch our vaccine when they've got 30 million doses in storage, that they must have decided not to use. Lol

He has been on ignore for a couple of weeks, but then someone posts quoting him and the gibberish is there in full view...gulp!

I won't be debating anything with Thicky ever again.
    Lol, of course you do.
    You know you're winning and you and tail gunner have to pretend to do the fingers in ears la la la la la laaaaaaaaaar

Page 95 of 299 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)