+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 122 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wise decision MA. I bet the 40,000 went down well with the Dutch hospital system which is, presumably, similarly overloaded by Covid casualties to our own.
    In actual fact, they interviewed the doc in charge at one A&E dept and she was in her element. Thoroughly enjoyed her day. Back doing what she normally does. Get em in, get em X-rayed, plaster em and send em packing.... next please.

A change being as good as a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    In actual fact, they interviewed the doc in charge at one A&E dept and she was in her element. Thoroughly enjoyed her day. Back doing what she normally does. Get em in, get em X-rayed, plaster em and send em packing.... next please.

A change being as good as a rest.
    Fair enough...understand her sentiment, but a very different message to over here at the moment.

Wise decision MA. I bet the 40,000 went down well with the Dutch hospital system which is, presumably, similarly overloaded by Covid casualties to our own.
    Agreed RA, that was my thoughts when I heard that Hunt had broken his arm slipping on ice whilst out jogging. I've started to do a little jogging to replace my walking football, but I've had a 2 week break because of the conditions and not wanting to cause extra stress on the NHS.

that does look impressive though doesn't it,

Vaccinations by country 14.02.21
    🇬🇧UK 15 million
    🇩🇪Germany 3.9m
    🇮🇹 Italy 2.9m
    🇫🇷France 2.8m
    🇪🇸Spain 2.4m
    🇵🇱Poland 2.07m
    🇷🇴Romania 1m
    🇷🇸Serbia 950k
    🇳🇱Netherlands 548k
    🇧🇪Belgium 542k
    🇬🇷Greece 526k
    🇵🇹Portugal 505k
    🇨🇭Switzerland 481k

My reaction to your earlier vaguely triumphalist anti ‘frog’ comment was that I hoped we’d progressed from those sort of times.
    Being born nine years after the end of WW2 I remember all too well a ’school playground world’ where the wartime hangover still described ‘the only good German as a dead German’, the French were ‘cowardly frogs’, the Italian tanks had ‘one forward gear and five reverse gears’ and the ‘Blacks and Irish’ were regarded as being on a par with dogs.

I hoped we’d left those days behind and just as I don’t want the Brits to be stereotyped as a bunch of arrogant ‘island monkeys’ I don’t see how such nationalistic - or patriotic if you prefer - name calling helps anyone.
    It doesn't help anyone, and it's not name calling, its a term of endearment like Rosbifs the other way, Poms, Jocks, Taffs, etc. The point of my post was the cheap shot taken by the French to excuse their dreadful Covid vaccination but you appeared to miss that in your chordatan outrage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    that does look impressive though doesn't it,

Vaccinations by country 14.02.21
    ����UK 15 million
    ����Germany 3.9m
    ���� Italy 2.9m
    ����France 2.8m
    ����Spain 2.4m
    ����Poland 2.07m
    ����Romania 1m
    ����Serbia 950k
    ����Netherlands 548k
    ����Belgium 542k
    ����Greece 526k
    ����Portugal 505k
    ����Switzerland 481k
    No comparing UK favourably with other countries on any subject please or you'll be yellow carded

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No comparing UK favourably with other countries on any subject please or you'll be yellow carded

Apologies, I'll fold away my Union flag again.
    My nationalist tendencies got the better of me.

Here in NL we had an amusing day yesterday. In the morning there was a court case brought against the government by a group called VirusWaarheid (Virus Truth) and, yes, they are a bunch of conspeorists. They claimed the 21:00 to 04:30 curfew was illegal. The court agreed and ruled that the curfew be immediately lifted.

The government immediately lauched an appeal and that started at 16:00. One of the judges hearing the appeal, when opening proceedings referred to the group as VirusWaanzin (VirusMadness - anothe conspeorist group). VirusWaarheid immediately jumped on this "slip" and denounced the judge as being biased and therefore should be removed from the case.

That led to another hearing, same court, different judges. They concluded it was a slip and not a sign of bias and that the appeal could resume WITH the judge in question on the bench.

Then the appeal started. Shortly before 21:00 the judges hearing the appeal concluded that more time was necessary to hear all the evidence from both sides and pass judgment. They ruled, in a better safe than sorry decision, to reinstate curfew pending the continuance of the appeal and their judgment later in the week. Reason being not wanting to endanger public health.

The conspeorists, talking to the press afterwards, said this decision, which I view to be sensble, proves the judge was biased against them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Silly comment, Mr. F. There isn’t one contributor to this forum who has criticised the UK’s vaccination programme or failed to acknowledge the achievement.
    On the other hand there is no point in being so ‘one eyed’ that we don’t also acknowledge another table...of Covid deaths and cases which is as dreadful as the vaccination one is encouraging.
    Praise and criticism where it is due.
    As for ‘Chordatan outrage’...I’ve criticised the reactionary tone of your comment, that’s all. Shown no ‘outrage’ and have no idea what ‘Chordatan’ means in this context.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-02-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Here in NL we had an amusing day yesterday. In the morning there was a court case brought against the government by a group called VirusWaarheid (Virus Truth) and, yes, they are a bunch of conspeorists. They claimed the 21:00 to 04:30 curfew was illegal. The court agreed and ruled that the curfew be immediately lifted.

The government immediately lauched an appeal and that started at 16:00. One of the judges hearing the appeal, when opening proceedings referred to the group as VirusWaanzin (VirusMadness - anothe conspeorist group). VirusWaarheid immediately jumped on this "slip" and denounced the judge as being biased and therefore should be removed from the case.

That led to another hearing, same court, different judges. They concluded it was a slip and not a sign of bias and that the appeal could resume WITH the judge in question on the bench.

Then the appeal started. Shortly before 21:00 the judges hearing the appeal concluded that more time was necessary to hear all the evidence from both sides and pass judgment. They ruled, in a better safe than sorry decision, to reinstate curfew pending the continuance of the appeal and their judgment later in the week. Reason being not wanting to endanger public health.

The conspeorists, talking to the press afterwards, said this decision, which I view to be sensble, proves the judge was biased against them.....
    I saw a report of this from which it is evident that the hearings were held "live" in a courtroom, as opposed to via zoom et Al.

So just before 9pm the judges reinstated lockdown. Hoe did they themselves get home without breaching it?

Page 122 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)