+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 186 of 299 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Read carefully I'll shout this only once............

G7 TESTED
    ASCOT TESTED
    WEMBLEY TESTED
    DOWNLOAD TESTED

Will someone please explain how on earth there are differences in the treatment of these 4 groups cos I can't see one.

The Scots invasion of London? There is a difference there in that there were no tests as, except for the 2800 or so in Wembley, they weren't at an official event and therefore there was no organisation to arrange tests for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Read carefully I'll shout this only once............

G7 TESTED
    ASCOT TESTED
    WEMBLEY TESTED
    DOWNLOAD TESTED

Will someone please explain how on earth there are differences in the treatment of these 4 groups cos I can't see one.

The Scots invasion of London? There is a difference there in that there were no tests as, except for the 2800 or so in Wembley, they weren't at an official event and therefore there was no organisation to arrange tests for them.
    Yes MA, fool proof
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1864277.html

It seems to escape you. You can honestly tell me, that EVERYONE at those events went COVID free?
    Behave yourself.

Scottish footballer Gilmour. Where did he get it from? Nothing is foolproof, that much is true. However, we are now at the point where we can open up more and these test events are part of the process of seeing how it all works (or doesn't).

Are you really suggesting that, as we did in NL and as it seems has happened in the UK, running small test events first and then moving on to larger ones shouldn't have happened?

Look at the big picture, not just individual things that suit your narrative.

Hmmm...I’m sure the usual suspect(s) will just accuse me of ‘Boris bashing’ - and I have to admit I’d love to - but it seems we now have the worst Covid figures in Europe.

Tbf Johnson, Hancock and Co. have earned a great deal of kudos from their delivery of the vaccination programme and indeed it has, as I have previous acknowledged, provided a rare ray of light amongst their otherwise dire performances on virtually all other fronts.

Now, IF we actually do have the worst Covid figures in Europe, it seems that ‘The Government’s Handling of Covid’ can only be described as yet another screw up and just one more false dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm...I’m sure the usual suspect(s) will just accuse me of ‘Boris bashing’ - and I have to admit I’d love to - but it seems we now have the worst Covid figures in Europe.

Tbf Johnson, Hancock and Co. have earned a great deal of kudos from their delivery of the vaccination programme and indeed it has, as I have previous acknowledged, provided a rare ray of light amongst their otherwise dire performances on virtually all other fronts.

Now, IF we actually do have the worst Covid figures in Europe, it seems that ‘The Government’s Handling of Covid’ can only be described as yet another screw up and just one more false dawn.

You're looking at the 'figures' that suit your agenda again rA, you need to look at things in the round. UK's deaths per capita is 0.28 per 100,000, 'Europe' as a whole (which includes UK) is 1.45, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece are all worse than UK. Tick In the Box to Madamster and his management of things in T'T Neths, currently 0.23

AND 80% of UK deaths are of folk who haven't been jabbed (I'll resist the temptation to say 'serves them right' because there are no doubt some amongst them unable to take the jab)

You also ignore that the new cases are based on UKs daily testing being FOUR times France's, FIVE times Italy's and EIGHT times Germany's. I'd call that test coverage a success

Germany, who seek to ban UK residents from visiting their country, are running at 8 covid hospital beds occupied per million population,UK equivalent 2.54, France incidentally at 6

I’m not actually ‘looking at figures’ at all, AF...and I don’t have an ‘agenda’...I simply want a return to normality as much as every one else.

Because you’re who you are and not, usually, a ‘point scorer’, I’ll take your word as regards the more detailed figures you’ve provided. My comment was simply a reaction to what I’d just seen on the News - please let’s not hammer the BBC for that - and their graph showed Covid cases declining at various rated across Europe while they were rising alarmingly in the UK, particularly in relation to the Indian (Delta) variant.

For reasons you are familiar with you will understand my desire to be able to visit close family in two particular areas of the world that we are currently unable to enter. That is the closest I have to an ‘agenda’ but I remain sympathetic to the Government’s quandary as regards international travel. Beyond that...it’s not an ‘agenda’...but yes...it is my opinion that as regards issues from Brexit and Ireland to Crime, the Royal Yacht, personal behaviour and many aspects of their handling of the pandemic, all we have seen is a Government and a PM that are hopelessly unfit for purpose, but that’s, largely, for another thread.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 24-06-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m not actually ‘looking at figures’ at all, AF...and I don’t have an ‘agenda’...I simply want a return to normality as much as every one else.

Because you’re who you are and not, usually, a ‘point scorer’, I’ll take your word as regards the more detailed figures you’ve provided. My comment was simply a reaction to what I’d just seen on the News - please let’s not hammer the BBC for that - and their graph showed Covid cases declining at various rated across Europe while they were rising alarmingly in the UK, particularly in relation to the Indian (Delta) variant.

For reasons you are familiar with you will understand my desire to be able to visit close family in two particular areas of the world that we are currently unable to enter. That is the closest I have to an ‘agenda’ but I remain sympathetic to the Government’s quandary as regards international travel. Beyond that...it’s not an ‘agenda’...but yes...it is my opinion that as regards issues from Brexit and Ireland to Crime, the Royal Yacht, personal behaviour and many aspects of their handling of the pandemic, all we have seen is a Government and a PM that are hopelessly unfit for purpose, but that’s, largely, for another thread.
    All the figures are from the same, reputable. source

Point taken about the ability to see loved ones, but it takes two to tango so you need confidence that you destination countries allow you in (and allow you to stay without penalty). My daughters are booking Mallorca as we speak, Mrs F and I have booked a VERY long stay in Greece in the autumn and are bumming round UK in our new camper van til then!

You'd be surprised if we ever talked it out how similar our opinion of HMG is, the main diff IMO is that I accept the will of the people unless and until they decide on a change of administration next time round (no matter who's in power). A 'make the best of a bad job' sort of approach

The only figures that count are death rates.
    Yes our testing is a lot more than many countries. They will therefore detect COVID alot more.
    Yet considering that most of those will not even know they have it, nor feel any effects. It's a false alarm scream.

As said before, the 12.3 million hospital backups now does concern me.
    If just 0.5% of those die, as I'm sure many will be serious conditions. You can add another 61 000 to those death figures.
    The vulnerable have been jabbed, this has to stop now.
    Sounds harsh I know. But is grandma of 90, more important than 25 yr old mum?

We are already breaking the so called lock down in so many ways. The worst of which is planes flying. More countries gone green today.
    Lift it, its over.

Page 186 of 299 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)