+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 299 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Putting the words of ‘The Times’ another way...those who maintain their ‘club’ membership contributions will continue to receive benefits. Those who don’t will have to take their chance. Big surprise!

I used to have several DCFC season tickets...getting prime match tickets was never a problem. Circumstances change and now I don’t it’s harder...which bit of that do Times readers not understand?

P.S. Which insightful Government minister commented yesterday...’The best way to tackle this virus is to avoid contracting it in the first place’? NSS!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-01-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Putting the words of ‘The Times’ another way...those who maintain their ‘club’ membership contributions will continue to receive benefits. Those who don’t will have to take their chance. Big surprise!

I used to have several DCFC season tickets...getting prime match tickets was never a problem. Circumstances change and now I don’t it’s harder...which bit of that do Times readers not understand?

P.S. Which insightful Government minister commented yesterday...’The best way to tackle this virus is to avoid contracting it in the first place’? NSS!
    Ah you mean Therese Coffey's interview yesterday morning, when she claimed “the best way to tackle this virus is to avoid contracting it in the first place”

Then went on to say, It was because we had an ageing population and an obesity crisis. So it was basically our own fault and we had it coming. We were living far too long and eating far too much. If only we had all died younger or half-starved to death, then all of this could have been avoided. The humanity in her response was touching!

I'm a bit surprised the arch Brexiteers on here haven't been losing their **** over the alleged aim by the EU to block export of the vaccine! Even the Guardian seems to have swallowed the hysteria over this non fact!

Which when you delve a bit deeper is only the Eu reacting to the delay in production of vaccine they have ordered requesting the companies involved demonstrating transparency over exports to ensure they are not exporting vaccine which should be part of the EU order. Seems reasonable to me and what the Uk government would require in similar circumstances.

That doesn't by the way overlook the fact that the EU clearly hasn't done too well on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I wouldn’t especially trust Foxhole’s spin but the facts are correct, EU are getting a bit nasty on this one.
    Really? Are they not just asking the companies involved to be transparent over any exports so that they can be assured the vaccine they ordered isn't been sold elsewhere? Seems reasonable to me, though the EU have clearly ****ed up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Whatever spin you put on it, it's another dig and another example of EU bullying.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...izer-0mxxv3xbj

The German press spreading lies about the Oxford vaccine as well. The new China
    That's OK, all the more for us then of they don.t want it

I ahve to admit regarding DCFC rA, that I was not impressed when the benefits of being a ST holder, where on paid a not unsubstantial amount of cash up front, were removed and you had to pay a membership fee instead and this was available to non ST holders. That didn't reward loyalty and a season ort wo afterwards I cancelled my ST, not just because of that but it had a bearing on my decision.

Not really speaking up for DCFC, Swale. Just making the point that membership of all organisations comes with certain benefits and I’m always surprised when people appear dismayed that giving up membership equals loss of those benefits.

Thought you’d have got the Minister...here’s another clue...as someone who is noticeably older and fatter than most, he/she then proceeded to lay blame for the UK pandemic figures at the fact that we have an ageing population and an obesity crisis.

Not really speaking up for DCFC, Swale. Just making the point that membership of all organisations comes with certain benefits and I’m always surprised when people appear dismayed that giving up membership equals loss of those benefits.

Thought you’d have got the Minister...here’s another clue...as someone who is noticeably older and fatter than most, he/she then proceeded to lay blame for the UK pandemic figures at the fact that we have an ageing population and an obesity crisis.
    See my post #932 above rA, I think you've fallen into my trap of not going back far enough in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    That's OK, all the more for us then of they don.t want it
    Oh FFS! I've just read another of Thicky's gibberish! Bullying? How? As if the UK or any other country wouldn't want to ensure that the companies were being transparent and not profiteering, bloody hell Thicky on the side of Big Pharma, thats a turn up for the book. I guess only governments attract his ire, because big corporations are so altruistic!!

The only spin here is that the EU is actually "blocking exports" they aren't and actually can't unless the company concerned have breached a contract!

Thats not to say the Eu haven't ****ed up, but hey the UK never does obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    See my post #932 above rA, I think you've fallen into my trap of not going back far enough in the thread!
    Apologies...hadn’t seen it...and to think she’s in the Cabinet. What a woman!

Apologies...hadn’t seen it...and to think she’s in the Cabinet. What a woman!
    I'd be hesitant assigning a gender to be honest, but hardly an example of being healthy in mind and body!

Page 94 of 299 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)