+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 138 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Spain again - must be your destination of choice. As for me I am in the "anywhere but Spain" camp having had some unpleasant experiences there: nothing to do with the Spanish, but rather the "Britabroad" aspect of the place and the people. A real torremolinos / watneys red barrel / all day breakfast / fish and chips ordeal
    Makes about as much sense as judging holidays in the UK by the experience of a week in Blackpool or Skegness.
    The Spain we visit has nothing in common with the ‘Britabroad’/Torremolinos scenario you describe.
    Each to their own.

By way of (difficult) comparison, the USA has announced a total of fifty (50) million vaccinations in the first 37 days of Biden’s presidency.
    That’s one hell of an achievement in my opinion.
    As a more anecdotal point of interest...a very close relative of mine in the USA had their first (Pfizer) jab yesterday. At the same time he was given his date for the second...in exactly three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    By way of (difficult) comparison, the USA has announced a total of fifty (50) million vaccinations in the first 37 days of Biden’s presidency.
    That’s one hell of an achievement in my opinion.
    As a more anecdotal point of interest...a very close relative of mine in the USA had their first (Pfizer) jab yesterday. At the same time he was given his date for the second...in exactly three weeks.
    ....which at approx 2/3 of uks per capita number, consistent day by day for weeks, makes our own performance even more impressive

10-12 weeks delay also looks like the best way of maxing out the efficiency of the vaccines according to the pointy heads, albeit HMG didn’t know that when they went for it. And good for Joe, who’s also made sure there are a load of Syrians who can no longer catch the virus

Well done to Gibraltar by the way who’ve now effectively vaccinated everyone they can (first dose), and have in fact been vaccinating Spaniards (with U.K. supplies) where they cross the border for work

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Well done to Gibraltar by the way who’ve now effectively vaccinated everyone they can (first dose), and have in fact been vaccinating Spaniards (with U.K. supplies) where they cross the border for work
    That's controversial, helping your neighbours out.
    I thought the EU mantra was look after our own first?
    Bloody Gibraltans causing trouble

20 000 000 barrier smashed, awesome.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ncock-12231759

So the first person has received a covid shot under the covax free support for third world countries.

The COVID-19 Vaccine Global Access is an initiative launched by the WHO to ensure vaccine access to the world's most vulnerable.

Imagine my surprise when the first and second recipients of such largesse are the president and vice president of Ghana. Because it will make the people feel its safe. Ah, thats right........

Should we redefine what a vaccine is or find a new noun for this substance they're injecting folk with?

A vaccine provides immunity, AstraPfiJanErna don't do that, the only proven thing is that it reduces the chances of you ending up in hospital/ICU with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Should we redefine what a vaccine is or find a new noun for this substance they're injecting folk with?

A vaccine provides immunity, AstraPfiJanErna don't do that, the only proven thing is that it reduces the chances of you ending up in hospital/ICU with it.
    Not sure that’s entirely fair, MA. I don’t think all vaccines claim to ‘provide immunity’.
    Those for such illnesses as Measles, Polio and Smallpox seem to, but the annual flu vaccine has never claimed to provide immunity...like the Covid one it reduces your chances of catching it and further reduces your catches of being seriously ill or dying from it...allegedly.

P.S. Exactly the same thought occurred to me GP...but then the radio seems to have been dominated today by our 99 year old DoE being unwell. Maybe public figures matter more than we thought.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-03-2021 at 03:52 PM.

P.S. Exactly the same thought occurred to me GP...but then the radio seems to have been dominated today by our 99 year old DoE being unwell. Maybe public figures matter more than we thought.

And Sarkozy being a dodgy Leader as well. 1 years porridge

Page 138 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)