+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 136 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m confused...I’ve heard James Taylor and Jagger mentioned...although Warren Beatty seemed the most likely suggestion. Are you now suggesting old Carly - nearing 76 now - was actually singing about Swale?

P.S. I think you’ve given me an ‘ear worm’ for the rest of the day.
    I believe they met at an early pro Trump rally in Reeth, and he inspired her song "Nobody Does it Better".

I have given myself the same earworm too

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I believe they met at an early pro Trump rally in Reeth, and he inspired her song "Nobody Does it Better".

I have given myself the same earworm too
    Funny thing...for (nearly 50) years I’ve thought the line was, ‘your scarf it was Africa’ referring to some sort of style.
    Only this morning have I realised it was actually an ‘apricot’ scarf. No idea what I thought ‘Gavotte’ was!

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe we could open a thread for misinterpreted song lyrics...especially if tonight ends in tears.

To any in the over 60s, you can now book on line for your vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I missed this little nugget. Just as your constant reference to Tricky demonstrates how much he troubles you, so too your repeated reference to being outed as being as prejudiced as we mortals. Just drop it now, your bitterness towards your own ethnic group is well understood so surely we can move on.
    Oh your spot on with your amateur psychology! Its about as accurate as your understanding of what a racist is, but hey don't let that stop you, I like a laugh!

A couple of points, I don't constantly refer to Thicky, otherwise the majority of my posts would mention him, they don't, for the past month I've refrained from reading or answering the majority of his posts and have only made mention when another poster has quoted him or mentioned him. No I did bait him over the difference between the EU and the Council of Europe, but come on a man's got to have some fun now and then!

He only troubles me in that its sad to think that there are many like him who are too dim to even have a coherent view of the world.

Not quite sure how I can have been outed as being as racist (for thats the accusation you made) as you and others, seeing as you clearly got that wrong and I demonstrated that, no matter how much you now pretend you meant prejudiced!

Still I guess your not man enough to admit your wrong, fair enough must be embarrassing for you. As for me being as prejudiced as you and others, mm of course everyone has prejudices, but and describing a set of people who are old, white and voted Brexit is not an example of prejudice, so you have that wrong, it an accurate description of a set of people, its not even derogatory unless of course said people feel being described as such is inaccurate. Which frankly is difficult if your old, white and voted Brexit.

Your really stretching things to reach a conclusion that my describing a set of people who happen to be white, as an indication that I have a bitterness towards my won ethnic group, even if I had been derogatory (you will recall my original comment was "fine old") a comment on one subset hardly indicates an attitude to the whole set.

Bottom of the class again I'm afraid, though you do make me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Might I misquote the immortal Carly Simon:

"You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you, don't you....".

What part of the post refers to you, it referenced the immortal Rams 4 Justice as a plagiarist who was banned for it (among other things). I also mentioned TTR and link posting. Yet you think it's about you?

" Well I hear you went up to Saratoga
    And your horse naturally won
    Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia
    To see the total eclipse of the sun... "
    Mainly because you were being a clever git over one of my posts not too long back, but I accept, that may have lapsed from your memory, must remember to make allowances in future.

Vaccination numbers were low again yesterday, a 'normal' weekday. I smell a supply issue. I'm amazed the press aren't all over this.

Also disappointed to find that a number of friends/acquaintances/ex workmates are making it their objective to 'wangle' a jab ahead of their time, and in some cases (not around the Derby area) having success

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Vaccination numbers were low again yesterday, a 'normal' weekday. I smell a supply issue. I'm amazed the press aren't all over this.

Also disappointed to find that a number of friends/acquaintances/ex workmates are making it their objective to 'wangle' a jab ahead of their time, and in some cases (not around the Derby area) having success
    I wouldn't worry about what's happening here.

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...e&action=click

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I wouldn't worry about what's happening here.

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...e&action=click
    Just watching it on the ten o clock news

Mrs F does regular pan-european video meetings, she told her colleagues earlier they were '****ing mad' (not for not vaxing but for the excuses they were using), Her equally feisty Russian colleague who's had two doses of Sputnik V, the first bravely as part of a trial, pretty much said the same. Apparently Macron has really unsettled the French, maybe Madamster can report on NL

Great to see us at nearly half a million again today.

I smell bull****!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I smell bull****!

ah, Ceebeebees must have finished for the day

Page 136 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)