+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 184 of 299 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Lol...you sure you’re not just stressed by Mrs. F’s reaction to Scotland’s earlier defeat and the prospect of marital strife on Friday evening?

Far be it from me to support the clown, but I think this is the first thing he/they’ve got right for a while. After 15 months of restrictions there’s too much to lose and, however frustrating it may be, four more weeks isn’t that much to ask...imo.

I agree, 4 weeks isn't that much to ask. But he has to cut a line somewhere. This can't go on.

As for Scotland, I thought Marshall had a great game in midfield,

Name:  Marshall.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  53.8 KB

The cabinet wants to unlock the Netherlands a little faster than planned, namely from Saturday 26 June. The maximum number of guests that you can receive at home will be eight people, more guests are allowed in restaurants (up to 100 people) and sports competitions are allowed again.

In addition, the catering industry may remain open until midnight and theaters, museums and cinemas may allow more visitors. Discos and nightclubs are also allowed to open again, but with tests on entry.

The basic rules will continue to apply for the time being, such as one and a half metres, staying home in case of health complaints and the mask obligation, although there is a discussion in the cabinet about whether the mask obligation should remain as it is.

Announcement has now been made.

Basic rules still apply. That's lots of handwashing, 1.5m distancing (more on this later) and get tested if you have symptoms.

Everything is now open including "discos" and night clubs.

Masks are not required where you can, most of the time at any rate, maintain social distancing. They are required where you can't maintain 1.5m. That's public transport, stations, bus stops and the like.

Bars, restaurants will require masks indoors if not 1.5m apart when you're "mobile" but not when you're sat down indoors.

Masks and distancing required at clubs/discos UNLESS they use the App that shows you are "safe" due to being fully vaxed or have a recent negative test or have recently had Covid, usein git for ALL customers. Those places require no masks and no distancing.

Almost back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Announcement has now been made.

Basic rules still apply. That's lots of handwashing, 1.5m distancing (more on this later) and get tested if you have symptoms.

Everything is now open including "discos" and night clubs.

Masks are not required where you can, most of the time at any rate, maintain social distancing. They are required where you can't maintain 1.5m. That's public transport, stations, bus stops and the like.

Bars, restaurants will require masks indoors if not 1.5m apart when you're "mobile" but not when you're sat down indoors.

Masks and distancing required at clubs/discos UNLESS they use the App that shows you are "safe" due to being fully vaxed or have a recent negative test or have recently had Covid, usein git for ALL customers. Those places require no masks and no distancing.

Almost back to normal.
    Strange to see 'nomal' crowds at my local festival, Download, last week (I didn't go in, not fit at the mo after a 'procedure', I hung around at the entrance with a photographer friend who's staying with us before she went in and braved the mosh pit). Its actually a wonder some of the hairy buggers managed to accomodate a mask, with the volume of facial hair on show. Massive compliance from those attending, lateral flow test then CPR test and a hearing test on the way out

This has to be the last lock down. It cannot go on.
    12.2 M people on NHS waiting lists now.
    How many of them are going to die?
    In May CORONA was the 24th biggest killer, 1% of victims.
    Enough now. Vaccinations have been done for all the vulnerable. We are back at herd immunity territory.
    The Corona death rates will look like chicken feed if this carries on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    This has to be the last lock down. It cannot go on.
    12.2 M people on NHS waiting lists now.
    How many of them are going to die?
    In May CORONA was the 24th biggest killer, 1% of victims.
    Enough now. Vaccinations have been done for all the vulnerable. We are back at herd immunity territory.
    The Corona death rates will look like chicken feed if this carries on.
    That’s the attitude that creates the problem I’m afraid, TTR...that and the PM bigging up ‘Freedom Day’ and talking of ‘irreversible decisions’.
    I understand the dilemma you draw attention to...but until we know what we’re dealing with there are no definite answers to a situation with seemingly infinite possibilities.
    In my opinion they were right to postpone the ‘reopening’ of society following the impact of the Indian/Delta variant. I also seem to remember you agreeing.
    This isn’t a scenario I would like to see in any shape or form, but IF the Brazilian variant somehow gets a grip here or if there is another form of ‘mutation’ that arrives here, or in places where people are likely to go on holiday, then I don’t see much alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That’s the attitude that creates the problem I’m afraid, TTR...that and the PM bigging up ‘Freedom Day’ and talking of ‘irreversible decisions’.
    I understand the dilemma you draw attention to...but until we know what we’re dealing with there are no definite answers to a situation with seemingly infinite possibilities.
    In my opinion they were right to postpone the ‘reopening’ of society following the impact of the Indian/Delta variant. I also seem to remember you agreeing.
    This isn’t a scenario I would like to see in any shape or form, but IF the Brazilian variant somehow gets a grip here or if there is another form of ‘mutation’ that arrives here, or in places where people are likely to go on holiday, then I don’t see much alternative.
    I did agree, until I saw the 12.2 m back log. How many of those people are cancer/liver/bloods/heart problems. Life threatening conditions that will kill if unattended.

All I see is hypocrisy with the lock down. From 20 000 Jocks invading London, to the G7 fooling everyone, with public displays of segregation, to pictures of them hugging at paties after. It's bollox.

Time to let it be. We've been jabbed, the odds are way better than dying from anything else.

Page 184 of 299 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)