+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 118 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Dr Uta Frith of the Medical Research Council's Cognitive Development Unit, has said that trainspotters and other obsessive collectors of trivia, may be suffering from Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I stand corrected on that point but the other points still stand.
    which is why I only pointed that one out. Technically the Garden Bridge is Joanna Lumley's fault but I'll let her off this time, she's better TV than Boris

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Technically the Garden Bridge is Joanna Lumley's fault but I'll let her off this time, she's better TV than Boris
    Hardly, AF. Her original concept, but it rapidly became Boris Johnson’s vanity project.
    He held the purse strings, promised, and failed, to try and get Apple to sponsor it.
    Eventually cancelled four years ago by Sadiq Khan when the small matter of a £70m funding gap was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hardly, AF. Her original concept, but it rapidly became Boris Johnson’s vanity project.
    He held the purse strings, promised, and failed, to try and get Apple to sponsor it.
    Eventually cancelled four years ago by Sadiq Khan when the small matter of a £70m funding gap was revealed.
    Another joke goes ungiggled at

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Another joke goes ungiggled at
    Ha! Got the ‘joke’, but actually MA’s point stands...and for a lot more than £7m I believe.

P.S. Your joke was funnier than England v Italy which is, currently, dire!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Ultimately Starmer’s job between now and 2024 is to make the Labour Party electable, something that his predecessor conspicuously failed to do...
    I'd agree with that, and really hope he does. Regardless of which way the vote goes, people need a positive option.

His predecessor?

They were not what you would call a brand name under the previous lot.
    Go back to 1980-
    Foot
    Kinnock
    Smith
    The Blair gap
    Brown
    Milliband
    Corbyn- final nail

All struggled with internal politics and the parties Image, making folks ignore them.
    They have lost the working mans backing. London bubble has destroyed that trust.
    The polls say that it is still true

I will slag the government off for this though.
    How can 240 illegal migrants in a hotel, get the vaccine before all our vunderable, especially when most of them are in their 20's?
    That is shocking.

One major question of Starmer's judgement. If he'd had his way, would 15 million UK residents have had a vaccine now or would we have had 2 million after joining the EU procurement programme?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    One major question of Starmer's judgement. If he'd had his way, would 15 million UK residents have had a vaccine now or would we have had 2 million after joining the EU procurement programme?
    Who knows? The Tories allege he wanted to join. Conversely, C4’s ‘Fact Check’ suggests there is no evidence of Starmer wanting to join the EU procurement programme. Nothing in Hansard either apparently. Maybe you know differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Had mine today, success!

Page 118 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)