+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 137 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

That's a second 1 month old article published today (Rooney and this one) in an attempt to do what exactly? Stir the pot? Aid the discussion? Did the posters look at the date on the article before posting? Why rehash "old news"?

NL went over the 1 million mark this week. The programme seems to be picking up some speed but demand is still outstripping supply. It doesn't bother me as I'm still firmly in the "not yet" camp.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    That's a second 1 month old article published today (Rooney and this one) in an attempt to do what exactly? Stir the pot? Aid the discussion? Did the posters look at the date on the article before posting? Why rehash "old news"?

NL went over the 1 million mark this week. The programme seems to be picking up some speed but demand is still outstripping supply. It doesn't bother me as I'm still firmly in the "not yet" camp.
    Not sure which article you are referring to MA, maybe Tricky's, but my reference was a live feed/interview from Belgium which I watched yesterday, and Mrs F's discussion (with a group of professionals from a number of EU countries) was yesterday too, so all fairly current.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not sure which article you are referring to MA, maybe Tricky's, but my reference was a live feed/interview from Belgium which I watched yesterday, and Mrs F's discussion (with a group of professionals from a number of EU countries) was yesterday too, so all fairly current.
    Exactly.
    Mario Draghi was slaughtering VDL for her dragging her heels, calling the AZ vaccine risky.
    UK got it spot on he said and the EU needs to speed up the roll out as a matter of urgency, instead of dragging its heels over politics.
    Though he then went on to call for an export ban to speed up first doses. Nice ?

That was from La Repubblica.

Yes, the Tricky one.

With regard to the AZ vaccine, Tricky, South Africa has stopped using it as it isn't effective against the SA strain

I see there's a new strain in California they've called the 'Devil' mutation. Like the Kent variant it's more transmittable and causes more severe illness and it is more resistant to the vaccine! Their concern is that, as the Kent variant is also present, though only in small numbers, if the two merged in one host then...............!!

Well, I wasn't planning going to the US......!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I see there's a new strain in California they've called the 'Devil' mutation. Like the Kent variant it's more transmittable and causes more severe illness and it is more resistant to the vaccine! Their concern is that, as the Kent variant is also present, though only in small numbers, if the two merged in one host then...............!!

Well, I wasn't planning going to the US......!
    ... and I was. Bit of a holiday tagged on to some "work" with a recording company...... That might get delayed even further......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ... and I was. Bit of a holiday tagged on to some "work" with a recording company...... That might get delayed even further......
    Booked for Greece us. Happy to go, based on us both being double jabbed by then. Happy to be prevented from going by govt edict, whether its UK or Greek govts. Happy to follow whatever rules exist in Greece, happy to isolate when we get home if instructed. If there is any suggestion of hotel quarantine though we will can the plan.

Booked for Greece us. Happy to go, based on us both being double jabbed by then. Happy to be prevented from going by govt edict, whether its UK or Greek govts. Happy to follow whatever rules exist in Greece, happy to isolate when we get home if instructed. If there is any suggestion of hotel quarantine though we will can the plan.
    Substitute Spain for Greece and that is exactly my attitude, AF. Booked for Sept/Oct, whether we drive or fly remains to be seen.

ah, Ceebeebees must have finished for the day

No I'm a country lad, know the smell of cow **** when its in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Substitute Spain for Greece and that is exactly my attitude, AF. Booked for Sept/Oct, whether we drive or fly remains to be seen.
    Spain again - must be your destination of choice. As for me I am in the "anywhere but Spain" camp having had some unpleasant experiences there: nothing to do with the Spanish, but rather the "Britabroad" aspect of the place and the people. A real torremolinos / watneys red barrel / all day breakfast / fish and chips ordeal

Page 137 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)