+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Going, going, gone? Jockstrap elastic has been known to perish

OT - Going, going, gone? Jockstrap elastic has been known to perish

Truss to give a statement in Downing Street around 13:30 UK time today.

Is she U turning on her comment yesterday at PMQ that she's a fighter, not a quitter?

She's gone. New leadership contest to be completed inside a week, probably only open to MPs. Resigned as leader of the Toraidhe but staying on as PM until the new leader is announced.

Answer to my question in the OP is, yes, U turn. She's a quitter.

So Truss claims the record KK could only dream of, smashing Baillie Vass' record by a country mile.

It would be so funny to see BJ come back as a unifying force while a compromise candidate is found. Maybe Mr Bobby or Peppa Pig?

Amazing thing is, had she managed to stick around for another 16 days she would have qualified for the PM's pension of £115,000 a year for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

It would be so funny to see BJ come back as a unifying force while a compromise candidate is found.
    Yep...it’d be hysterical...I mean the return of a disgraced PM who, as a proven liar with dreadful judgement, lost the support of 148 of his own MP’s, saw most of his Cabinet resign all of four months ago, and remains subject to enquiry...what could possibly go wrong?

Wouldn’t make the UK look a bigger laughing stock to the rest of the world at all would it?

I wonder if she will get a Blair? Elevation to the peerage as an ex PM. Seems like all former PMs automatically get one - so that's May, BoJo and Truss all lined up for snout-in-the-trough City. All of a sudden a mere lying warmongerer seems almost worthy

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Amazing thing is, had she managed to stick around for another 16 days she would have qualified for the PM's pension of £115,000 a year for life.
    But with her economic policy it would be worthless in a couple of years unless index linked. Speaking of which, now would be a good time to scrap the index linking of public sector pensions.

Liking this quote from Iain Banks, ‘I’m not arguing there are no decent people in the Tory Party, but they’re like bits of sweet corn in a turd. Technically they’ve kept their integrity but they’re still embedded in sh1t.’

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Liking this quote from Iain Banks, ‘I’m not arguing there are no decent people in the Tory Party, but they’re like bits of sweet corn in a turd. Technically they’ve kept their integrity but they’re still embedded in sh1t.’
    Actually Hoi says that to Paul in Iain Banks' final novel "The Quarry" that was written about 10 years ago, so hardly relevant to today's brood of incompetents. It is important to distinguish between the writer and the character when reading novels, as surely the ex English Master in you must recognise. Unless you really believe that all comments in books reflect the author's beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Actually Hoi says that to Paul in Iain Banks' final novel "The Quarry" that was written about 10 years ago, so hardly relevant to today's brood of incompetents. It is important to distinguish between the writer and the character when reading novels, as surely the ex English Master in you must recognise. Unless you really believe that all comments in books reflect the author's beliefs.
    I stand corrected. Iain Banks didn’t really feature heavily in the National Curriculum...not even my ‘adapted’ version, but I might read the book now so thanks for the clarification. I suspect that certain comments do indeed reflect the author’s beliefs and I have to respectfully disagree, I also think it’s particularly relevant to ‘today’s brood of incompetents’ and the situation we find ourselves in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)