+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 299 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39681164]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post

Lessons from Farage. Really? How have things worked out for him so far? He may be able to ‘look after himself in an interview’, usually via the use of lies, divisiveness and blatant appeals to populism...not so good with elections though is he?
    To use a football analogy his record to date appears to be...P7 W0 D0 L7.

If the Government makes the right decision and stops making repeated ‘U’ turns they may find they earn a great deal less criticism.
    Lessons purely, in interviewee technic RA.

I cringe at the submissiveness of some of the tory ministers, when being questioned on tv. Take Friday morning for instance, my friend Munchetty goaded the minister into reluctantly guaranteeing that all care homes will be fully vaccinated at the end of the month.

Why didn't he have the guts to tell her that, no he couldn't guarantee it, he couldn't guarantee that out of all of 100s of thousands of patients in care homes, that because some oversight, breakdown in communication, snow storm or any other of a number of reasons, that some will not be vaccinated by the end of the month.

They need to grow some and answer back occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You were afraid Corbyn was ‘correct’. Really? Perhaps you fear Swale ‘is correct’ too.

Surely we criticise those we do because we believe they are wrong or inept. That’s certainly the case for me as far as the likes of Farage, Williamson, Johnson and Trump are concerned.

I may ‘fear’ the impact of populists such as Farage and Trump on the World, as I might ‘fear’ the impact of Johnson’s indecisiveness and Williamson's half baked policies on schools, teachers and young people...but such ‘fear’ has never ever arisen from the thought that they might be ‘correct’.
    Well maybe correct is not the right word, maybe mass appealing is better? But rather the real fear was that what he was saying would resonate with enough people that he may have been taken sufficiently seriously to have been elected, particularly given the feeble nature of the opposition.

Then one would have seen the probably disastrous consequences of someone such as him being in a position of power, instead of being in permanent opposition. It will remain an ever unanswered question as to how he would have handled Brexit if forced to make a decision himself, but as a lifelong opponent of Europe I'd say he'd have handled it as well as Johnson did (read into that what you will). As to how he would have handled COVID, God knows, but if he had enrolled his brother as advisor, we'd all be dead!

You were afraid Corbyn was ‘correct’. Really? Perhaps you fear Swale ‘is correct’ too.
    No chance of that

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    No chance of that
    ...and yet you seem to ‘constantly criticise him’. Guess your original premise about my reaction to Farage was totally unfounded then.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a simple Swale in possession of a good fortune from Brexit will always speak with a forked tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a simple Swale in possession of a good fortune from Brexit will always speak with a forked tongue.
    Only by those who are too stupid to acknowledge the truth or are ignorant and lets face it, I got paid by people who ran successful businesses and hey they now have proof that my advice was platinum plated, its saved them 100,000's of pounds and it seems is the advice now given by HM Government officials!!

Talk about make my day! It does feel good to be proven right!

[QUOTE=Ram59;39681535]

Lessons purely, in interviewee technic RA.

I cringe at the submissiveness of some of the tory ministers, when being questioned on tv. Take Friday morning for instance, my friend Munchetty goaded the minister into reluctantly guaranteeing that all care homes will be fully vaccinated at the end of the month.

Why didn't he have the guts to tell her that, no he couldn't guarantee it, he couldn't guarantee that out of all of 100s of thousands of patients in care homes, that because some oversight, breakdown in communication, snow storm or any other of a number of reasons, that some will not be vaccinated by the end of the month.

They need to grow some and answer back occasionally.
    Maybe if the terms "world beating" "better than anyone else" "we will beat the virus by Easter" "we will all have an enjoyable christmas" "moonshot" hadn't been used and there had been a bit less false optimism, a bit more facts and honesty then the Government wouldn't have a credibility issue?

I mean for all her faults and the fact that on the ground Scotland hasn't done much better than England, Sturgeon still has crdibility because of how she handled the briefings, lesson there maybe but not from Farage!

[QUOTE=swaledale;39681621]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post

Maybe if the terms "world beating" "better than anyone else" "we will beat the virus by Easter" "we will all have an enjoyable christmas" "moonshot" hadn't been used and there had been a bit less false optimism, a bit more facts and honesty then the Government wouldn't have a credibility issue?

I mean for all her faults and the fact that on the ground Scotland hasn't done much better than England, Sturgeon still has crdibility because of how she handled the briefings, lesson there maybe but not from Farage!
    I agree with comments on Johnson's ridiculous claims, but don't you think that Sturgeon also benefits from a lack of accountability from the media. The government are constantly hounded whatever decision they make, the media will always reveal one expert with an alternative, not necessarily correct, view. They will always find people who have slipped through the net and interview them on national tv. Don't you think that the same, if not more, applies to Scotland's actions, but is rarely brought to our attention?

The same goes for the idiot in control of Wales, who gets off scot free.

Sturgeon? I'll have my briefings, so I can talk my propaganda campaign at my own leisure?

Old pan face is as bad, if not worse than Johnson. Failed on targets, failed on money usage with terrible advertising campaigns.
    But Sturgeon controls the press better and facts get swept away.
    She doesn't give a monkeys about COVID, or Scotlands health.It's anything to undermine Westminster and blame them.

All this from a woman who's own constituency, is an absolute **** hole. Also has the highest rates of druggies and alkys in Europe.
    You'll forgive me for not slapping Krankie on the back.

Exclamation

[QUOTE=Ram59;39681741]
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

I agree with comments on Johnson's ridiculous claims, but don't you think that Sturgeon also benefits from a lack of accountability from the media. The government are constantly hounded whatever decision they make, the media will always reveal one expert with an alternative, not necessarily correct, view. They will always find people who have slipped through the net and interview them on national tv. Don't you think that the same, if not more, applies to Scotland's actions, but is rarely brought to our attention?

The same goes for the idiot in control of Wales, who gets off scot free.
    totally agree, the whole media approach to holding the devolved adminstrations to account has been powder-puff soft compared to HMG, despite ech having 1/20th or so of the volume to manage

Page 90 of 299 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)