+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 140 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    It's bad enough dealing with the extra death in service cases at work, I don't think it's getting through to people just how devastating this virus is to families. I just don't understand the pedantry or spoilt brat excuses for not following the guidance or getting jabbed, and it doesn't help when people with a pedestal go fanning the flames with bull**** anti vax claims.
    Absolutely. Thankfully the real data from real world is totally on the side of getting vacced, and there appears to be something about the UK population overall that has convinced them to do the right thing.

Our local vic got it right, regretably he said this in our fish shop not the pulpit, 'If you decline your vaccine, the only public spirited thing left to do is to lie about it'.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 01-03-2021 at 10:17 PM.

I'm actually enjoying watching the News this eve, there are so many people better than I who have been heroes in all this but I've decided when its all over I intend to kiss the ever-optimistically-disposed Fergus Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm actually enjoying watching the News this eve, there are so many people better than I who have been heroes in all this but I've decided when its all over I intend to kiss the ever-optimistically-disposed Fergus Walsh
    Hardly ever optimistic, but a very find journalist, Fergus Walsh...don’t know what he’s done to deserve that though.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hardly ever optimistic, but a very find journalist, Fergus Walsh...don’t know what he’s done to deserve that though.
    He's the ying of BBC Health to Hugh Pymm's yang, my God Pymm's miserable, just my observation.

Sorry to hear about your friend Adi.

It really is a random thing. There are no hard and fast rules it keeps to. If you're old, overweight and have underlying health conditions it seems your chances of getting seriously ill or dying from it are increased, even more so if you're BAME. If you're young, fit and healthy the chances of serious illness/death are decreased. However, neither set of circumstances carries a guarantee other than the change in chance.

I fit in the first group, apart from the BAME bit, although 67 isn't old these days and I'm only slightly overweight. Conversely, I'm on 8 different meds a day for heart issues, cholestorol, blood pressure, an allergy....... I am however pretty damned fit. Unfortunately, none of that impresses the virus. I keep to the rules and regs and shall continue to do so as long as they are in place. Unfortunately, doing that is no guarantee that I won't get infected. With regard to the vaccine (which doesn't stop infection nor the further spreading of it), I am still in the queue labelled "not yet". I scour the press and the net daily looking for info regarding the vaccine and people with my medicine regime. I haven't found anything yet but will keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend Adi.

It really is a random thing. There are no hard and fast rules it keeps to. If you're old, overweight and have underlying health conditions it seems your chances of getting seriously ill or dying from it are increased, even more so if you're BAME. If you're young, fit and healthy the chances of serious illness/death are decreased. However, neither set of circumstances carries a guarantee other than the change in chance.

I fit in the first group, apart from the BAME bit, although 67 isn't old these days and I'm only slightly overweight. Conversely, I'm on 8 different meds a day for heart issues, cholestorol, blood pressure, an allergy....... I am however pretty damned fit. Unfortunately, none of that impresses the virus. I keep to the rules and regs and shall continue to do so as long as they are in place. Unfortunately, doing that is no guarantee that I won't get infected. With regard to the vaccine (which doesn't stop infection nor the further spreading of it), I am still in the queue labelled "not yet". I scour the press and the net daily looking for info regarding the vaccine and people with my medicine regime. I haven't found anything yet but will keep looking.
    Doesn’t your doctor have an opinion on the subject, MA? He’s surely best placed to comment on the possible implications of the vaccines on someone with your conditions and medication regime.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Doesn’t your doctor have an opinion on the subject, MA? He’s surely best placed to comment on the possible implications of the vaccines on someone with your conditions and medication regime.
    Had my annual check up and blood screening 3 weeks ago (all the stats point to me being in very good condition). He asked if I'd had the call yet. I said no, and I'm not yet ready (convinced). He asked why. I told him exactly what I've posted on here. There was no attempt to sway me.

The doctor probably realised there was no point trying!!

I was right, ‘we’ are running short of supplies. Derby, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Es*** that I’ve seen in local press in the last fif**** minutes, all declaring a slowdown / closedown of facilities, giving various excuses or none, and the seven day average is sliding. I’m astounded the press aren’t all over this, maybe a former princess matters more

Well bang goes your theory about about our government bashing media and BBC.
    You’ve been saying this for a while and - anecdotally - I’m told the vaccination centre in Horsley Woodhouse, which was doing a roaring trade six or seven weeks ago, has closed down.
    Not sure what’s going on but if you’re right it’s a massive own goal.
    The only reason the Covid figures have improved so much is because of the lockdown of the last two and a bit months or so. Beyond that the reasons for optimism were based on the success of the vaccine programme. If that is now to come to a stuttering halt with only about half of the eligible population having had the first part of their vaccine we’re in trouble and there have to be more doubts about our politicians handling of the pandemic.

P.S. The ‘newsworthiness’ of ‘a former princess’ is truly nauseating. I for one couldn’t care less what the attention seeking twosome get up to, especially at a time like this.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-03-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Page 140 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)