+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 86 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    One positive bit of news today, is the rollout of vaccines in Mosques. Hopefully, this will help allay the fears of the Muslim community and result in a much higher take up of the virus in that community.
    Fair point and agreed. One does wonder, and that is all, how many of the more elderly white population would be happy to attend a Mosque for their vaccination or, how many Muslims or Sikhs would be equally happy to visit Lichfield Cathedral. Personally I don’t care where providing it is within a reasonably sensible distance of my home.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Fair point and agreed. One does wonder, and that is all, how many of the more elderly white population would be happy to attend a Mosque for their vaccination or, how many Muslims or Sikhs would be equally happy to visit Lichfield Cathedral. Personally I don’t care where providing it is within a reasonably sensible distance of my home.
    I suspect that quite a few white people would prefer not to have the vaccination in a mosque, just as many people of one religion would prefer or refuse to have their vaccination in a place of worship other than their own.

Hopefully, people unwilling to have the vaccine, may be persuaded by the vision of their religions accepting the vaccinations, or in more extreme cases, feeling more secure that by having the vaccination in their place of worship, that they will have protection from a greater being.

I suspect that quite a few white people would prefer not to have the vaccination in a mosque, just as many people of one religion would prefer or refuse to have their vaccination in a place of worship other than their own.

Hopefully, people unwilling to have the vaccine, may be persuaded by the vision of their religions accepting the vaccinations, or in more extreme cases, feeling more secure that by having the vaccination in their place of worship, that they will have protection from a greater being.
    To me they’re all just vaccination venues, chosen to accommodate the greatest number of people with as great a degree of safe comfort as possible. People shouldn’t be ‘picky’ providing the journey involved is manageable.
    I’d even have mine at the City Ground if it speeded things up.

I'm our token practising Christian (at least the only one who'll admit it!) and if I'm called to have mine at a Mosque, I'll be there. In my experience Muslims are more reluctant to visit other faith's places of worship than vv, and I think Mosques are being used to help increase the pretty poor take-up amongst Muslims (I don't know the number but I think I heard today only 42% of Pakistani heritage intended to partake, it was even lower for Afro-Carribeans/Africans, there was a fascinating prog on the radio about it earlier)

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    There are also some very interesting court cases being lined up against him, Ram. Most particularly the one being brought by his niece, Mary Trump.
    He may not have quite so much after that and some of the others.
    Unfortunately ‘money talks’ just about everywhere...from politics - how else do you explain the power held by the likes of Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg? - to planning permission.
    Rape charges.
    seksual assault charges.
    Tax evasion.
    Fraud.

There's also the little matter of getting on for $400M in loan repayments this year alone. More due next year etc........

It's not looking good for DJT.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Rape charges.
    seksual assault charges.
    Tax evasion.
    Fraud.

There's also the little matter of getting on for $400M in loan repayments this year alone. More due next year etc........

It's not looking good for DJT.
    I thought you were talking about Mel for a moment!

Oh yes, the good old US of A and its high standards will now be up held.

Arizona just passed its evidence of election fraud along. Old Joe would never be accused of being a bit of a Saville either. If he remembers anyway.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid...channel=Gabbee

BTW the democrats are back on track.
    Muslim extremist ban lifted.
    More troops going BACK to Iraq.

Yes looks promising.

Something to be celebrated today, over 400,000 first dose vaccinations were announced in 24 hours. An amazing stat, that if continued will allow the government to hit its target.

Unfortunately, it appears not to be newsworthy, at least not on the BBC news UK, website. Looking down the many headlines today, you will not find this important stat, I wonder why?

Something to be celebrated today, over 400,000 first dose vaccinations were announced in 24 hours. An amazing stat, that if continued will allow the government to hit its target.

Unfortunately, it appears not to be newsworthy, at least not on the BBC news UK, website. Looking down the many headlines today, you will not find this important stat, I wonder why?
    Apparently Swale was guest editor

What's even more bemusing is that the three main news bulletins earlier in the week mentioned (I'll resist saying 'delighted in the fact that') UK's GDP has dropped by more than any other Western economy - I smelt a rat on this one but needmn't have done any digging because a different faction of the BBC (the trustworthy 'More Or Less' programme) did the necessary rooting round and the reason for our apparently bad performance is that UK measure GDP a different way (not going to explain but if any of the usual suspects want one by PM I'll oblige). YET, despite that clearly being the case, with in-house provenance, BBC STILL reported the 'fact' unqualified earlier this evening. Yes that is BBc bashing again, but to my knowledge no other news outlet is reporting indices its own inhouse fact checkers disagree with.

Page 86 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)