+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

I've seen on a number of occasions that the contents of the various vaccines do not contain anything that major religions could object to, obviously it's not that well publicised, if RA hasn't heard about it.

I'm fully in favour of carrying National ID cards, but your civil liberties groups, amongst others would fight it all the way. Although there is a common ID scheme in the EU, it is not mandatory throughout the EU.

I doubt very much that sports injuries carry the same burden as smokers and the like, on the NHS. In fact all sports injuries account for only around 2% of all A&E admissions, which in itself is only a small department of the NHS, when you consider further admissions for some cancers and other illnesses which are preventable.

What does get to me regarding the BAME groups, is that representatives from these groups demand that the government does something, to help their people who are suffering higher casualty figures. Maybe it should be pointed out that the government has done a few things to help, like telling people to socially distance and to wear face masks, which they seem reluctant to do and now the government are supplying us with a vaccine, which again they are reluctant to take, but the government really should do something to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don’t they ask you to wear clothing that is ‘accessible’ as possible to speed the process up? Certainly do for the flu jab.
    Maybe he should wear his kilt and be jabbed in the thigh.
    Didn,t ask that of me when I went for flu jab - had to take off motorbike leathers and then three levels of further clothing to have a jab in each arm!

I may get a "We're Coming to get you, COVID" T Shirt made up to wear for the jab myself

Don’t they ask you to wear clothing that is ‘accessible’ as possible to speed the process up? Certainly do for the flu jab.
    Maybe he should wear his kilt and be jabbed in the thigh.
    Haven’t short sleeved shirts reached your ville yet?

And he’s from Northampton...

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I've seen on a number of occasions that the contents of the various vaccines do not contain anything that major religions could object to, obviously it's not that well publicised, if RA hasn't heard about it.

I'm fully in favour of carrying National ID cards, but your civil liberties groups, amongst others would fight it all the way. Although there is a common ID scheme in the EU, it is not mandatory throughout the EU.

I doubt very much that sports injuries carry the same burden as smokers and the like, on the NHS. In fact all sports injuries account for only around 2% of all A&E admissions, which in itself is only a small department of the NHS, when you consider further admissions for some cancers and other illnesses which are preventable.

What does get to me regarding the BAME groups, is that representatives from these groups demand that the government does something, to help their people who are suffering higher casualty figures. Maybe it should be pointed out that the government has done a few things to help, like telling people to socially distance and to wear face masks, which they seem reluctant to do and now the government are supplying us with a vaccine, which again they are reluctant to take, but the government really should do something to help them.
    I have heard about it, not that that means anything, but certain communities - from vegetarians to Muslims - still appear to have misgivings which it should be easy to resolve.

I wasn’t just speaking of A&E admissions, Ram...that’s not usually where smokers, alcoholics or the obese end up either. I’ll take your word for it that only 2% of such admissions are sports related, but longer term, the numbers of individuals who need hip or knee replacements, huge amounts of physiotherapy or treatment and care for such conditions as Alzheimer’s long after their playing days have ended does place significant demands on the NHS.

Saw a video online earlier. An irish woman had put in a "freedom of information" request to the Irish Health service asking if they had documentation to prove the virus had been isolated and whether the vaccine was actually a vaccine.

She knew, in the way consperoists "know" things, that the virus had never been isolated. She never said why isolating the virus was necessary. She was also "aware" that the vaccine isn't a vaccine because it doesn't match the "legal definition" of what a vaccine is.

The answer she got, in a letter which waved about furiously but didn't put a photo of up to be read, was that they didn't hold any information on the questions she'd asked.

She took that to mean the virus hasn't been isolated so it isn't a virus and that the vaccine isn't a vaccine. The piece she read out from the letter said nothing of the sort.

No you daft tart, it means they don't hold the information on file.........

Decided to Google the Irish woman........ Gemma O'Doherty, who is known for her racist and homophobic views, proceeded to hold a demonstration outside Google HQ in protest of her ban (from Youtube).

Obviously a woman of impeccable qualities...............

I'd suggest social distancing from her

Oh well...at least Ram59 will be happy - I don’t actually mean that, it just seems like it sometimes.
    On top of the UK (Kent) variant, the South African variant and the Brazil variant...all named after the places they were originally identified...a new variant was diagnosed yesterday, in Bavaria. Guess what...it’s identified as the ‘German variant’. Seems logical.

I have heard about it, not that that means anything, but certain communities - from vegetarians to Muslims - still appear to have misgivings which it should be easy to resolve.

I wasn’t just speaking of A&E admissions, Ram...that’s not usually where smokers, alcoholics or the obese end up either. I’ll take your word for it that only 2% of such admissions are sports related, but longer term, the numbers of individuals who need hip or knee replacements, huge amounts of physiotherapy or treatment and care for such conditions as Alzheimer’s long after their playing days have ended does place significant demands on the NHS.
    Personally, the number of people I know who have had treatment for the conditions you've mentioned runs well into double figures, out of those only only two have played golf but no other sport. In fact I know quite a few who have played football virtually all their life and these are amongst the most physically and mentally active people I know, in their age group.

I would say from this, that the regular participation in sport reduces the amount of later care required, not increase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Personally, the number of people I know who have had treatment for the conditions you've mentioned runs well into double figures, out of those only only two have played golf but no other sport. In fact I know quite a few who have played football virtually all their life and these are amongst the most physically and mentally active people I know, in their age group.

I would say from this, that the regular participation in sport reduces the amount of later care required, not increase it.
    Of course those with a level of long term fitness stemming from their sporting backgrounds and continued activity via golf, walking etc is a good thing, I completely agree.

On the other hand it is equally true, and I’m not just talking about elite sportspeople here, that the longer term effects of sporting injury on individuals has an impact on the NHS.

I think I’ve had to visit A&E six times in my life and four of those visits were the result of football or cricket injuries. Likewise I think I’ve had six minor operations in my life and again four of those have been directly attributable to hand injuries obtained playing sport.
    Horribly anecdotal I know, but even in my ‘jack of all trades, master of none’ sporting history that is the case and, possibly because my friendship circle tends to include ‘sporty’ people...many of those I know have some sort of problem with knees, ankles, fingers, wrists, shoulders etc that originate from playing sport or recreational activities like climbing, hill walking and skiing.

Such injuries have or will all require NHS treatment. Personally I’d far rather need attention for an injury acquired doing something than a condition developed by being a constant ‘couch potato’ but my one and only point is that...in terms of a drain on NHS resources, there possibly isn’t much to choose between them.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-01-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Page 81 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)