+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McMullen in commentary today

McMullen in commentary today

I thought he offered a quite a few interesting snippets on things behind the scenes. A lot of positivity. One particular bits of insight with Micky style was when PmC said Micky told Clark before the Motherwell game that he wasn't going to play him because he didnt fit in to the way the formation is set up but to get ready for the Hibs game because he will playing.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    I thought he offered a quite a few interesting snippets on things behind the scenes. A lot of positivity. One particular bits of insight with Micky style was when PmC said Micky told Clark before the Motherwell game that he wasn't going to play him because he didnt fit in to the way the formation is set up but to get ready for the Hibs game because he will playing.
    Seen Clark being written off at this level on other forums but I think he's better suited to this level than the Premiership, just maybe not for 90 minutes every week. I think he'll play a lot this season.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Seen Clark being written off at this level on other forums but I think he's better suited to this level than the Premiership, just maybe not for 90 minutes every week. I think he'll play a lot this season.
    He certainly made an impact today. If that's all we get from him then so be it, because he was excellent when he came on against a tired Ross County. You could see the difference in him being a proper striker and Appere not. He was looking for that shot at goal as soon as he received the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Should say better suited to this level than the Championship (can't edit)

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Let’s face it, under Tombola Robbie, nobody knew who the feck would play week to week, and often guys would come in from nowhere, others dropped after playing a blinder the week before, and that instability did not help players individually or us as a team.
    I think Micky is much more up front, and if he drops anyone, will explain exactly why. I also feel players now know, that if not on top of their game or at peak fitness, he’s not frightened to drop you (no matter how important/senior you are), and refreshingly, youth is getting a chance. That approach keeps everyone pushing for a place (something McLean was famous for).
    Really think we’ve hit the jackpot with Neilson leaving, and it’s generating a lot of positivity acoss the whole club, and the fans really appreciating it.

Edited to say: there is no way we’d be sitting on 7pts, had Robbie been still here. His negative approach would’ve has us pumped by the same teams we’ve played (because of his negative tactics), and as Gunboat would say that’s an Absolute FACT!!!
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 15-08-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Let’s face it, under Tombola Robbie, nobody knew who the feck would play week to week, and often guys would come in from nowhere, others dropped after playing a blinder the week before, and that instability did not help players individually or us as a team.
    I think Micky is much more up front, and if he drops anyone, will explain exactly why. I also feel players now know, that if not on top of their game or at peak fitness, he’s not frightened to drop you (no matter how important/senior you are), and refreshingly, youth is getting a chance. That approach keeps everyone pushing for a place (something McLean was famous for).
    Really think we’ve hit the jackpot with Neilson leaving, and it’s generating a lot of positivity acoss the whole club, and the fans really appreciating it.

The thing is we all knew we needed to strengthen before the summer. Because of a number of things court case, being managerless etc it has not been the preparation we would have expected. If you said at end of last season we would have pretty much the same squad minus key first team players out including Shankland there is no way I would have predicted the start we have had.

If this is the start Micky can do with a depleted championship squad you would have to think getting our key players back and adding new signings we should be capable of avoiding a dogfight for survival.

Most of the pundits have been lauding the MM approach apart from The Pundit and Kris Boyd who thinks we will struggle but lets be honest they are the exception to the rule and are Huns,Funsters or both.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Most of the pundits have been lauding the MM approach apart from The Pundit and Kris Boyd who thinks we will struggle but lets be honest they are the exception to the rule and are Huns,Funsters or both.
    I don't think I've ever given even a glimmer of a **** what either of those two has to say.

Happy for Micky and the boys to shut their pusses on a regular basis though 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I don't think I've ever given even a glimmer of a **** what either of those two has to say.

Happy for Micky and the boys to shut their pusses on a regular basis though ��
    Lets be honest here its difficult for any Arab to take anyone seriously when you have the following career path

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_McCann

Thought i would throw this in for good measure,i'm sure The Pundit winnie mind.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...layer-20548789

Its just like a normal evening in the Bedsit during the Shabba years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)