+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MB leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And I entirely agree.

I haven't suggested he would walk, only that without a contract he could (unscrupulous event or not).

I was trying, unsuccessfully of course, to make the point that the club could have made a statement by having his signature as the first not the last. By doing so they make it clear to potential newcomers that the man who has made such a dramatic difference to what were in many cases some fairly run-of-the-mill performances is here to stay. So many times we see reports of players connected with the club stating quite clearly that Bielsa is a key factor in their desire to play for the club, so if only to de-risk the pre-season and encourage other newcomers I would have thought Radrizzani and Kinnear could have been equally encouraging to the man and get his signature.
    I am sure the club are trying their best. I just envision it as a situation where you are trying to get your Granddad to do something in a hurry, he says he will, but he knows his worth and will take his sweet time over doing anything because he has earned that right 😄

Great analogy LFTW. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Yeah, I mean look how useless they are, after just winning promotion back to the Premier after 16 years, with 12 points to spare, record breaking sponsorship deals. This will be the 3rd time we will have signed him, and the 3rd time he has signed in his own time.... after seeing the club attempt to sign the players he has identified.... but hey get on the click bait bus...
    Yes Yes And yes got to the top of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Spoken by someone with so much knowledge of what they may or may not be doing. None of us really do.

Record kit deal, record sponsorship deals plural, plans to redevelop the West stand, 5 players in already, targets identified and attempts being made to bring them in - Angus Kinnear was on TSB and spoke of targets in the region of 70m.

He also spoke about MB and the contract and part of the charm of Bielsa is he seems less interested in the contractual detail but he is at work planning for next season so would seem the club is doing something right.

I really don’t get your negativity when most of us are just happy that we are back in the prem.
    So he spoke of 70mil targets unreal as the club came out and told us they have 42 mil to spend on players.

Looks like Barca had a change of heart and favoured Kooman.
    On MB and people saying he can do what he wants. Since when in any corporation a manager has done what they liked and ran it? They might as well hand him the cheque book to make it official
    Bottom line is sign get players as the miracle of last season won't hack it in the premier league and we start talking of what went wrong.
    FFS 3 weeks away from kicking off and we have done nothing accept reinforce our academy which supposebly is the best in the country but cant nurture it's on hence bring in a bunch of kids from other clubs.

And normal order is restored and the world is back on its axis. How do we manage to fall out over a total non issue after trouncing the Championship by 10 points and getting to where we've wanted to be for the past 16b years? can't we just accept and embrace that he's unconventional?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    So he spoke of 70mil targets unreal as the club came out and told us they have 42 mil to spend on players.

Sort of the TSB chaps put that figure to him and he said of that order.

Also made clear not much more they can do with Ben White as Brighton’s player / wonder if they are subtly saying up to you now son if you want to come make it clear to Brighton if not we will look elsewhere.

Signed 12 month contact.

For some reason All premier league teams have been ordered to put a 4 mtrs closed fence around their trains grounds apart from Leeds.. Strange .hmm

Hopefully the 12 month contract is confirmed tomorrow to coincide with fixture release or sooner....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)