+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Activity?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Can't help wondering if MGM's move might be his "Swansong" IMHO he's seems to have a higher opinion of his talent than he shows on the pitch.
    Too much ‘ego’ for Nuno... It would be sad if he goes the same way as Jordan Graham

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    The Maitland-Niles story is gathering pace. M Gibbs-White looks to be going to Swansea on a season long loan.
    My best friend is a Swansea fan and told him that he should be relatively excited for MGW if it is indeed true. I don’t think he will get to the level Wolves would need him to be at to stay with us long term, but I think he could do quite well in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    My best friend is a Swansea fan and told him that he should be relatively excited for MGW if it is indeed true. I don’t think he will get to the level Wolves would need him to be at to stay with us long term, but I think he could do quite well in the Championship.
    It would appear that the club feel otherwise, MGW has been given a new three year deal. We got glimpses of what he is capable of at the end of the 2018-19 season, I think the technical ability is there just needs to get his head right. Perhaps a year of first team football in the Championship will help?

I am pleased that we have given him a three year deal. The lad has obvious talent and will have learnt a great deal from the lads from Portugal. He needs to play plenty of games in the Championship down at Swansea.

As stated above, just hope the Maitland-Niles link has nothing in it. Not only do I not rate him it worries me that someone in the organization thinks he will add value to the squad in some way. Hope I am proved wrong but I just do not think he is our kind of player.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    It would appear that the club feel otherwise, MGW has been given a new three year deal. We got glimpses of what he is capable of at the end of the 2018-19 season, I think the technical ability is there just needs to get his head right. Perhaps a year of first team football in the Championship will help?
    It’s a very low risk option to keep him. If he develops to the level Wolves would use him at, fantastic! If he only develops to a Championship or lower Prem quality player, we can still sell him for a profit. Only way it’s a bust is if he ends up being a lower league quality player. And I don’t think he is that. I just struggle to see how he will break through to the first team. With this loan, I guess we will have a better idea as he should get lots of playing time

Reports suggest that Arsenal have rejected Wolves offer for AMN. It is stated that Arsenal want £20 million and Wolves have offered £18 million. Also understood that a couple of clubs from Germany have joined the race.

Spurs reported to be making £12 million bid for Doherty. Some right comedians at Spurs!

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Spurs reported to be making £12 million bid for Doherty. Some right comedians at Spurs!
    Hope he stays, his contribution should not be underestimated. And Maitland-Niles should not be considered a replacement, he is not happy playing right wing back for Arsenal, his preferred position being central midfield.

Docherty to Spurs seems to be the hot rumor at the moment. Doesn't make sense on a number of levels to me, the asking price at 12m is ludicrous to say the least, we already have a depleted squad and will be particularly weak in that position if he goes as there is no valid replacement in sight. Don't mention Maitland-Niles, he isn't a fit replacement for anyone, anywhere.

Hopefully it's all paper talk!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)