+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Activity?

Transfer Activity?

A bit bloody quiet isn't it? Well actually "silent" is a more appropriate description. Any reliable news/rumors going round?

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    A bit bloody quiet isn't it? Well actually "silent" is a more appropriate description. Any reliable news/rumors going round?
    Whoops! Other than Paulinho of course!

I know no more than you mate. Since Wolves do not make their business public, we just have to put up with the inventions of generally inept journalists. The only journalist I take seriously is Lucas Sposito who seems more interested in fact than sensationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    I know no more than you mate. Since Wolves do not make their business public, we just have to put up with the inventions of generally inept journalists. The only journalist I take seriously is Lucas Sposito who seems more interested in fact than sensationalism.
    Yup, it's certainly a minefield out there as far as reliable information is concerned. Just have to wait and see I guess.

I'll be curious how much business we do. If we would have stayed in European play, I think we would have needed to bring in quite a few players in IMO, to deal with another heavy workload. But since we will only have domestic competitions to worry about, I don't see us bringing in more than a couple younger players and shipping a couple out.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I'll be curious how much business we do. If we would have stayed in European play, I think we would have needed to bring in quite a few players in IMO, to deal with another heavy workload. But since we will only have domestic competitions to worry about, I don't see us bringing in more than a couple younger players and shipping a couple out.
    I suspect your right Mich, the rumouurs about Paulinho are interesting I suspect if Jimenez goes there will be a flurry of activity to get Paulinho in. I can't however see him coming to us to compete with Jimenez for a place without European football when he's a regular at Braga.

I think we need to strengthen on the left hand side the absence of Jonny for most of the season is going to hurt us, we have cover with Saiss, Kilman, Vinagre and Buur, but any combination of those leaves us weaker than with Jonny in the line-up. Perhaps a loan?

Sky reporting that Wolves have an interest in signing Ainsley Maitland-Niles, from Arsenal and also Lucas Ocampos from Sevilla. Ocampos score the winner against us in the Europa League .

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Sky reporting that Wolves have an interest in signing Ainsley Maitland-Niles, from Arsenal and also Lucas Ocampos from Sevilla. Ocampos score the winner against us in the Europa League .
    Ocampos yes. Maitland Niles, over hyped, over priced, UK mediocrity personified. IMHO of course!

The Maitland-Niles story is gathering pace. M Gibbs-White looks to be going to Swansea on a season long loan.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    The Maitland-Niles story is gathering pace. M Gibbs-White looks to be going to Swansea on a season long loan.

Can't help wondering if MGM's move might be his "Swansong" IMHO he's seems to have a higher opinion of his talent than he shows on the pitch.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)