+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Kids bike.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Is this not normal?
    Actually now you mention it, it was the colour of mine when I was younger

Thought it would be a good idea to do a costing as I go

MK2 red Chopper frame £76
    Mk2 yellow chopper frame £82
    Tomahawk bike £60
    Grifter £37
    Box of chopper bits £56
    Chopper Chain guards X2. £33
    Decals for choppers X2 £42
    Tomahawk Brake cables £13
    Tomahawk Cotton pins £5
    Tomahawk Bottom bracket bushes £11
    Tomahawk Chain £13
    Tomahawk BB circlip £8
    Grifter decals £13
    Welding and sand blasting on choppers £free.
    grifter twist grip shifter £5.49
    grifter spokes and nipples £22

Additional
    Powder coating £90

I'm not happy with the finish on the tomahawk so before decals go on I'm getting it stripped. I will do the finishing then get it painted again

Grifter and tomahawk gone for colour coat. Cheapest quote I've got is £450 for the chrome bits per bike.
    I've watched a few YouTube clips on cleaning chrome and decided to have a go.. tbh I'm a bit surprised. Some bits are too far gone so not much can be done

Grifter and tomahawk gone for colour coat. Cheapest quote I've got is £450 for the chrome bits per bike.
    I've watched a few YouTube clips on cleaning chrome and decided to have a go.. tbh I'm a bit surprised. Some bits are too far gone so not much can be done
    Cayton, was thinking about your project earlier. do you think it was worth taking on after all of this?

Name:  received_1075727656219182.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  9.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Cayton, was thinking about your project earlier. do you think it was worth taking on after all of this?
    Depends what you mean. Are you talking cost? Enjoyment. Satisfaction of taking a piece 0f scrap and making it like new?

Depends what you mean. Are you talking cost? Enjoyment. Satisfaction of taking a piece 0f scrap and making it like new?
    Mainly cost, because you've sure enjoyed resurrecting them and good for you. Yes, the parts and photos you've shown do show a great improvement. Good luck with the rest of the venture. Keep the photos coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Mainly cost, because you've sure enjoyed resurrecting them and good for you. Yes, the parts and photos you've shown do show a great improvement. Good luck with the rest of the venture. Keep the photos coming.
    Not really m8 regards the choppers.. If I build a good STD chopper your prob looking around £1000. A show STD can fetch £500 more. Those frames I have had restored, the red one would sell as frames only for £250. The yellow one with forks would be £275/£300
    I don't have many bits for the choppers so would need to spend 600-700 hundred per bike to make them complete.
    Will I? Possibly not. The tomahawk is the priority then the grifter (dream bike as a 9 year old)

The tomahawk is for my granddaughter so cost is really irrelevant. It costs what it costs. I would expect £200 min which 9s about what a decent one would fetch.

Grifter in good condition would make £400-£500. I have most of the bits for this so will prob clean up what's good and replace what's needed. Total cost for the grifter I'm hopeful of £200

Not really m8 regards the choppers.. If I build a good STD chopper your prob looking around £1000. A show STD can fetch £500 more. Those frames I have had restored, the red one would sell as frames only for £250. The yellow one with forks would be £275/£300
    I don't have many bits for the choppers so would need to spend 600-700 hundred per bike to make them complete.
    Will I? Possibly not. The tomahawk is the priority then the grifter (dream bike as a 9 year old)

The tomahawk is for my granddaughter so cost is really irrelevant. It costs what it costs. I would expect £200 min which 9s about what a decent one would fetch.

Grifter in good condition would make £400-£500. I have most of the bits for this so will prob clean up what's good and replace what's needed. Total cost for the grifter I'm hopeful of £200
    Boys and their toys lol

Wish I had one

Got the grifter and Tommi back today. Went with the Tomahawk parts powder coating. Mainly to see how it looks though I wouldn't do this for the choppers. It has to be genuine chrome

Images to follow

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast