+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Kids bike.

O/T Kids bike.

I've just acquired 2 Raleigh mk2 chopper frames, with forks both 1974 and a 1970 Raleigh tomahawk. Plus a bucket full of bits.
    I'm thinking of restoring the tomahawk for my granddaughter but will need a chain, chain guard and front mudguard to complete. The frames I'm thinking of restoring, one red and one yellow.
    Anyone got one or had one in the past? We were too poor to afford one in the 70s though I did trade for a Raleigh bomber when I was 12 ish (81-82)
    My mate had a 75 red MK2 chopper and we had 6 of us on it.
    Good owd days
    Last edited by CAMiller; 18-08-2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: O/T Please

There used to be a old bike Place on barbot hall mate,on the right hand side going up past the Fitzs Hotel.

The Chopper was a reyt bike and every kid wanted one in the 70s and 80s.

Worth an absolute bomb these days if parts are original. Wonder how many are still stuck in old garages, sheds etc. People might not know but they could be sat on a goldmine. I had a budgie which was like a mini chopper, just no gears on it. Ended up with a striker and then a grifter, some reyt memories of going on bike rides with mates.

Memories of a Chopper. Don't mention a Golden Shot!

Name:  AnneAston.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  24.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Memories of a Chopper. Don't mention a Golden Shot!

Name:  AnneAston.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  24.4 KB
    Yes the late Bob Monkhouse knew where to shoot his bolt with the lovely dippy Anne Ashton

Omg. I have just spent 5 hour stripping down the tomahawk so it can be sand blasted.. the bike has really been neglected. Even the back wheel has rusted through where the brake blocks make contact.
    The biggest problem I've had is removing the cotter pins from the crank arms. Both were solid and I've had to drill them out.

So far from what I can see I need
    Brake blocks.
    Cotter pins ��
    Front mudguard
    Rear wheel.
    New cables front and rear.
    Chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    There used to be a old bike Place on barbot hall mate,on the right hand side going up past the Fitzs Hotel.
    Not sure it's still there m8. My local bike shop as a kid was on Cambridge Street near Clifton school.

Take the peddles off. Slip a new bike in.
    Peddles back on.
    Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Omg. I have just spent 5 hour stripping down the tomahawk so it can be sand blasted.. the bike has really been neglected. Even the back wheel has rusted through where the brake blocks make contact.
    The biggest problem I've had is removing the cotter pins from the crank arms. Both were solid and I've had to drill them out.

So far from what I can see I need
    Brake blocks.
    Cotter pins ��
    Front mudguard
    Rear wheel.
    New cables front and rear.
    Chain.
    Bin it!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bin it!

any reason?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast