+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    BCram not sure if you mean Jason Leitch but I would prefer a microbiologist/virologist like say Hugh Pennington to be giving out the scientific advice but he doesn’t fit the narrative.

I think a few countries will possibly be envious of Sweden’s approach,not in deaths but at least they’re economy can probably be saved within a decade....
    Thanks for correction. Agree about Pennington too!

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    You won't hear anything about Sweden on mainstream British tv......

They have handled it well.....imho
    Yes. Would love to see a Panorama type programme comparing the approaches from Sweden and Scotland. Have to say I never watch Panorama but you know the type of investigative approach they have and it would not bebiased!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Yes. Would love to see a Panorama type programme comparing the approaches from Sweden and Scotland. Have to say I never watch Panorama but you know the type of investigative approach they have and it would not bebiased!
    BBC Scotland have an investigative journalist who carried out the programme ‘Who sold the jerseys’ about Rangers and the tax free payments given to Rangers players and officials. I cannot remember the name of this person but he recently carried an investigation about people dying in Care Homes throughout Scotland suffering from the COVID-19 virus.
    Ian Blackford leader of the SNP at Westminster has been strangely quiet about the people being left to die in the care homes suffering from COVID-19 yet he had plenty to say when the residents were dying from COVID-19 in the care home in his beloved Isle of Skye.
    These people could have been flown out by air ambulance helicopters to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness where is has been recently reported that the staff in the intensive care ward had few patients to deal with.
    NHS Highland are responsible for Raigmore Hospital in Inverness, the island of Skye and and the island of Islay and they are worse than useless!

I have very recently discovered that two people I know have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
    They have both received a very mild dose of the virus and are both fine. In fact one of them said that they have had a worse dose of the flu.
    This makes me think that they have received the second wave of the COVID-19 virus which is less virulent than the original strain.
    This might account for the fact that there have been no deaths reported in Scotland since Thursday 16th July 2020 from people who have had a COVID-19 test in the previous 28 days.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have very recently discovered that two people I know have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
    They have both received a very mild dose of the virus and are both fine. In fact one of them said that they have had a worse dose of the flu.
    This makes me think that they have received the second wave of the COVID-19 virus which is less virulent than the original strain.
    This might account for the fact that there have been no deaths reported in Scotland since Thursday 16th July 2020 from people who have had a COVID-19 test in the previous 28 days.
    That method of reporting deaths is pure unadulterated gerrymandering of the figures.

If we have had no deaths why the phuck are we having lockdowns and wearing masks? They can’t have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    That method of reporting deaths is pure unadulterated gerrymandering of the figures.

If we have had no deaths why the phuck are we having lockdowns and wearing masks? They can’t have it both ways.
    I think I mentioned that last week or whenever ,first it was deaths then cases ,next it will be potential cases and then somebody drove through a town that was locked down last year...!!! Jason Leitch stated that masks were useless(his words)so again what has changed ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    I think I mentioned that last week or whenever ,first it was deaths then cases ,next it will be potential cases and then somebody drove through a town that was locked down last year...!!! Jason Leitch stated that masks were useless(his words)so again what has changed ....
    The simple answer is. They do not have a clue what to do and they are just making it up as they go along.
    The media people at the daily news conference should be asking Jason Leitch why he has changed his mind about face masks having originally stated that they were useless.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post

Public Health England up to two weeks ago was reporting a death from COVID-19 providing had previously been tested positive for COVID-19 months before. Public Health Scptland, Wales and Northern Ireland were only recoding a death from COVID-19 providing the person had tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 28 days.
    You would think that the Public Health teams from each country would have spoken to each before the first COVID-19 case was recorded in the UK to find out how they planned to calculate any deaths in their area prior to submitting their total to the UK total.
    Since the new rules for calculating the number of deaths from Covid-19 has been introduced by Public Health England the number of daily deaths from COVID-19 in the UK has fallen by about 80%.
    In my opinion thanks to this incompetence by the management of Public Health England we have been in the lockdown far longer than necessary as the daily number of deaths would have been far lower than has been recorded.
    Two weeks ago the total number of deaths from COVID-19 was reduced at a stroke by 5,400 people.
    The authorities should have published a daily total from the notification of the first death showing the original ‘flawed’ figure and the correct figure using the new correct measure of a person dying from COVID-19 having been tested positive for COVID-19 with the last 28 days.
    The bosses at the top of the tree in Public Health England should be sacked for this failure but they will probably be rewarded with a knighthood.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Public Health England up to two weeks ago was reporting a death from COVID-19 providing had previously been tested positive for COVID-19 months before. Public Health Scptland, Wales and Northern Ireland were only recoding a death from COVID-19 providing the person had tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 28 days.
    You would think that the Public Health teams from each country would have spoken to each before the first COVID-19 case was recorded in the UK to find out how they planned to calculate any deaths in their area prior to submitting their total to the UK total.
    Since the new rules for calculating the number of deaths from Covid-19 has been introduced by Public Health England the number of daily deaths from COVID-19 in the UK has fallen by about 80%.
    In my opinion thanks to this incompetence by the management of Public Health England we have been in the lockdown far longer than necessary as the daily number of deaths would have been far lower than has been recorded.
    Two weeks ago the total number of deaths from COVID-19 was reduced at a stroke by 5,400 people.
    The authorities should have published a daily total from the notification of the first death showing the original ‘flawed’ figure and the correct figure using the new correct measure of a person dying from COVID-19 having been tested positive for COVID-19 with the last 28 days.
    The bosses at the top of the tree in Public Health England should be sacked for this failure but they will probably be rewarded with a knighthood.
    Of course just because someone tested positive for Covid-19 during the 28 days prior to their death it still doesn't mean Covid-19 was necessarily the cause of death. The figures are massively flawed and the only deaths to count, from the very start, should have been the ones where Covid-19 has been the primary cause of death, i.e. an otherwise healthy individual, or where it has significantly worsened an existing illness that resulted in death i.e. individuals with serious respiratory conditions such as COPD for example.

Instead we have instances of people testing positive on 1st of the month, showing no symptoms then dying in a car accident on the 27th being classified as a Covid death - total nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Of course just because someone tested positive for Covid-19 during the 28 days prior to their death it still doesn't mean Covid-19 was necessarily the cause of death. The figures are massively flawed and the only deaths to count, from the very start, should have been the ones where Covid-19 has been the primary cause of death, i.e. an otherwise healthy individual, or where it has significantly worsened an existing illness that resulted in death i.e. individuals with serious respiratory conditions such as COPD for example.

Instead we have instances of people testing positive on 1st of the month, showing no symptoms then dying in a car accident on the 27th being classified as a Covid death - total nonsense.
    And we have people testing positive on the 1st of the month, never leaving hospital, dying on the 30th....and it isn’t counted.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)