+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    The weekly meeting of the flat earth society is now called to order..............
    Got news for the OP but there many countries in Europe that have far more more stringent controls than the UK it’s only a feckin face covering after all and I’m personally more likely to believe the (World Wide) Scientists and Health Professionals than assorted dafties from Dundee Mad

I think sadly we will need a second wave in the UK for people to realise the ongoing impact of a pandemic.

Maybe Our circle Has been very unlucky with the virus as our family and friends have been seriously affected
    We will have a second wave, that’s guaranteed, it might never exist but we will be told we have one, it’s all about controlling folk, forcing them indoors, the reason will come out one day, probably not in our lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's not just a face covering at all.

It's a one party state that's unaccountable to anybody and dosent appreciate scrutiny which has control of northern Britain. Its cult followers wud jump are the tay bridge if she telt them to.

Still waiting on the 1st wave.
    She’s a wee phuckin tyrant.

Some of the cult go on about Scotland being subservient....with a complete lack of self awareness.

The views that it is all about controlling the population seem to me to be based on truth. What worries me is that the fear is that this is the start of a completely different way of life for us. Somehow the tyranny of being made to wear a face covering is the beginning of a new wave of politics in Britain.
    The basis of our economy is trade and wealth creation. Is this to change to the totalitarian models where massive state power is used to enforce policies that diminish our civil liberties and rights?

It's a virus we are fighting and I think that getting back to work is the most important objective. How we do that whilst bearing down on the virus is what we need to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    The weekly meeting of the flat earth society is now called to order..............
    Got news for the OP but there many countries in Europe that have far more more stringent controls than the UK it’s only a feckin face covering after all and I’m personally more likely to believe the (World Wide) Scientists and Health Professionals than assorted dafties from Dundee Mad

I think sadly we will need a second wave in the UK for people to realise the ongoing impact of a pandemic.

Maybe Our circle Has been very unlucky with the virus as our family and friends have been seriously affected
    Shuntz.
    Wearing a face mask in Tesco is not going to prevent you contracting Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    She’s a wee phuckin tyrant.

Some of the cult go on about Scotland being subservient....with a complete lack of self awareness.
    Aberdeen council, starting to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The views that it is all about controlling the population seem to me to be based on truth. What worries me is that the fear is that this is the start of a completely different way of life for us. Somehow the tyranny of being made to wear a face covering is the beginning of a new wave of politics in Britain.
    The basis of our economy is trade and wealth creation. Is this to change to the totalitarian models where massive state power is used to enforce policies that diminish our civil liberties and rights?

It's a virus we are fighting and I think that getting back to work is the most important objective. How we do that whilst bearing down on the virus is what we need to focus on.
    There's no US b cram.....if those that want to wander about in masks, hide away in their house and bring the economy to it's knees......crack on.....I'm No joining in.

I'm going to live my life exactly as I did before this absolute guff started.

More people do it the less it's a new normal and more normal.

In my opinion Nicola and her sidekick Jason just have to let the virus run its course.
    The public sector unions might be happy for their workers to sit at home but eventually they will have to change their tune when businesses who have gone bust are no longer paying their taxes.
    The useless bosses and councillors at Argyll and Bute Council have decided to close numerous council owned and run public toilets after 31st October 2020 using the excuse that they cannot afford the extra costs of cleaning these toilets.
    What a lot of rubbish. They are saving a fortune holding all council meetings including councillor meetings by Skype and a number of their staff have been furloughed which means that the UK Government has been paying 80% of their wages. To cap it all I discovered in the minutes of a meeting held on 25th June 2020 on the council website that millions of pounds of unspent money at the end of the 2019-20 financial year ending 31st March 2020 have been transferred to the current financial year ending 31st March 2021.
    This is typical of local authorities continually pleading poverty with in my opinion Argyll and Bute Council being the worst run local authority throughout Scotland and probably the whole of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I mentioned this before.

I think there is a public private employment split on this.

Public sector (encouraged by the unions) seem to be fairly content to go along with Scottish govt whilst thousands of private sector workers are ****ting it. I don't blame them it's just noticeable how much more relaxed the public sector is about the future compared to those who depend much more on a vibrant economy.

The Scottish media dosent help, ludicrously biased in favour of "progressive" politics and the SNP in general.

The hate crime legislation where it will be nigh on criminal to hold anything other than progressive opinions on gender, race, immigration, work place bias, ***uality, abortion, marriage, religion etc etc etc creeps ever closer and the virus is a decent distraction to keep the spotlight off it.

Yusef, Swinney and Sturgeon and the boy leitch are like the horseman of the apocalypse......they give me the fear.
    The SNP controlled Scottish Government are running out of new policies to introduce hence the reason that they are keen in their Hate Crime legislation becoming law.
    The public consultation period has closed but there is no point giving your views as they will only accept views are in favour of the legislation.
    I submitted my views for a previous public consultation but the SNP controlled Scottish Government only published the views of the 3.5% of people in favour of their bill.
    Everyone else’s views including mine were disregarded.
    Nicola of course has a hidden agenda for wanting this Hate Crime Bill to become law as soon as possible especially where ***uality is concerned.

I think it is possible to follow government guidelines without losing everything. I agree that we need people back to work and I think there should be more than social isolating as the only way to cope with the virus. Your personal freedom might be the cause of a severe problem for a friend. Surely you have modified your behaviour to try to keep golfing chums safe?
    I agree that getting back to work and restarting our economy is *****. Getting health services back to normal is also important. GP's can't see patients, hospital visits for all sorts of treatments have been stopped. These actions will have had serious consequences for many many people.

There are already signs that this is the new normal , thousands of impressionable kids treat mask wearing as a fashion statement that’s wrong on every level .

The economy is burst but the politicians focus on wearing a 5p mask while hundreds of thousands of people will be unemployed,I’m going for 3 million by Christmas.

When the pound shops start closing that might be the tipping point....probably not though....

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)