+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus.

Face Masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus.

Wearing a face mask is obviously not stopping the spread of Coronavirus as it has been reported tonight on the BBC Scotland news that Kingspark School in Dundee has had to be closed due to six people connected with the school testing positive with Coronavirus.
    Nicola and her sidekick Jason should just accept that this virus will have to run its course despite people throughout Scptland being forced to wear a face mask when in shops, pubs and restaurants except when they are eating a meal or having a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Wearing a face mask is obviously not stopping the spread of Coronavirus as it has been reported tonight on the BBC Scotland news that Kingspark School in Dundee has had to be closed due to six people connected with the school testing positive with Coronavirus.
    Nicola and her sidekick Jason should just accept that this virus will have to run its course despite people throughout Scptland being forced to wear a face mask when in shops, pubs and restaurants except when they are eating a meal or having a drink.
    No no no Islay.

If we had, ruined the economy and created mass unemployment months earlier, shut schools around 2015, Boris ma and pa never had a shag and never agreed to the act of union this virus would never have happened.

Get with the programme.

Interesting that bosses are at last beginning to put pressure on for a return to work. Percentages of people who have returned to their place of work will now be on the agenda, and about time too.

Nicola's now struggling to justify any of the measures in place. She really seemed completely lost yesterday when challenged on the continued 'lock down' of Aberdeen.

I'm losing any respect I had for her very quickly - Ruth Davidson would never have allowed this tippy tappy pander to the media and blow it out of proportion nonsense; she'd have kicked it in the balls and got on with it.

I'm not a Tory but I like Ruthy D.

wonder what the trade union movement think about things. don't see many if any comments from them suggesting ways to get people working.

I mentioned this before.

I think there is a public private employment split on this.

Public sector (encouraged by the unions) seem to be fairly content to go along with Scottish govt whilst thousands of private sector workers are ****ting it. I don't blame them it's just noticeable how much more relaxed the public sector is about the future compared to those who depend much more on a vibrant economy.

The Scottish media dosent help, ludicrously biased in favour of "progressive" politics and the SNP in general.

The hate crime legislation where it will be nigh on criminal to hold anything other than progressive opinions on gender, race, immigration, work place bias, ***uality, abortion, marriage, religion etc etc etc creeps ever closer and the virus is a decent distraction to keep the spotlight off it.

Yusef, Swinney and Sturgeon and the boy leitch are like the horseman of the apocalypse......they give me the fear.

Think the trouble is that in a city like Dundee more than half the employment prospects are linked to the state, local authority, health service, education. Don't know how you redress the balance but it isn't a simple solution to vote for independence. There must be unions in the private sector so what are they saying to their members. Surely it's not a Samson like tear down the Hanging Gardens of Babylon where destroying the livelihoods of their members is a better result than getting our country back to work?

The weekly meeting of the flat earth society is now called to order..............
    Got news for the OP but there many countries in Europe that have far more more stringent controls than the UK it’s only a feckin face covering after all and I’m personally more likely to believe the (World Wide) Scientists and Health Professionals than assorted dafties from Dundee Mad

I think sadly we will need a second wave in the UK for people to realise the ongoing impact of a pandemic.

Maybe Our circle Has been very unlucky with the virus as our family and friends have been seriously affected
    Last edited by Shuntz; 20-08-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    The weekly meeting of the flat earth society is now called to order..............
    Got news for the OP but there many countries in Europe that have far more more stringent controls than the UK it’s only a feckin face covering after all and I’m personally more likely to believe the (World Wide) Scientists and Health Professionals than assorted dafties from Dundee Mad

I think sadly we will need a second wave in the UK for people to realise the ongoing impact of a pandemic.

Maybe Our circle Has been very unlucky with the virus as our family and friends have been seriously affected
    It's not just a face covering at all.

It's a one party state that's unaccountable to anybody and dosent appreciate scrutiny which has control of northern Britain. Its cult followers wud jump are the tay bridge if she telt them to.

Still waiting on the 1st wave.

Sorry to hear that Shuntz. I thought the topic was moving forward to talk about how we progress. If there is a second wave it will be very hard to sustain the furlough regime and maybe we need to have another way of dealing with the virus. Testing seems to me to be the way forward and wearing a face covering, something that I do, is a sensible additional safety precaution. Hopefully it will reduce the amount of bugs I spread. Flu this year could be substantially reduced if the face covering for public transport etc is sustained during the coming flu season

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)