+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Refugees or Illegal immigrants..?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    The danger is with the Moslem Brotherhood they are imposing their ways on the respectable Moslems. They are going into Europe and they are going to tell you what to do!! The Imams in the mosque tell other Moslems,''You have to contribute money to Hamas ,or hate your neighbour ,or don't say 'Merry Christmas'. Its forbidden in France for Moslems to greet with 'Merry Christmas '',why it is a Moslem Brotherhood line not to say 'M C'. The King of Jordan says 'Merry Christmas ' he is not of the M B.

The Mosque is first a house of prayer , but it has become that everything goes through the Mosque. They are going to made a state within a state ,why because the laws allow them to do it ! That's your problem in the west, it allows them to do it !! So they are making this ''quiet Jihad'' within themselves.

In a conversation a sheikh from the M B said to an observant Jew ''I am more closer to you today '' the Jew asked, ''why''? because yesterday you were a non believer (a kafir. Kafir is an Arabic term meaning "infidel", "rejector", "denier", "disbeliever", "unbeliever", "nonbeliever". The term refers to a person who rejects or disbelieves in God as per Islam or the tenets of Islam). So the sheikh continued , ''we both believe in the same God. So my job is convert you to Islam,you don't have any job to convert me! So we are more closer!''
    For once I share your sentiments Balan. We need to be resolute in the face of an invisible army.

"I expect part of the reason they want to come here is because it's much easier to integrate. Not only because of the language, but also that they can live a life in a Muslim community."

My original question was what do we have that France doesn't. The attraction of England over France cannot be the desire to integrate or live in a Muslim community, The Muslim population in France is around 6 million, the last census showed there were 2.6 million Muslims living in England. Maybe it really is the weather ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "I expect part of the reason they want to come here is because it's much easier to integrate. Not only because of the language, but also that they can live a life in a Muslim community."

My original question was what do we have that France doesn't. The attraction of England over France cannot be the desire to integrate or live in a Muslim community, The Muslim population in France is around 6 million, the last census showed there were 2.6 million Muslims living in England. Maybe it really is the weather ?
    It might be the welfare benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It might be the welfare benefits.
    It’s exactly that BT , I’ve posted many times previously that immigration is good and we couldn’t survive , prosper without it.

But there is immigration and there is freeloading and we have too many freeloaders here, before we all jump up and down there are as many freeloading whites milking the system in our great country.

Never the less as posted before we really are the softest touch of any of the countries mentioned.

there may be, but it still doesn't address the other part of my statement you quoted which is the language.

Also, giving population figures doesn't really tell a story of community. You could have more people in a country spread out, with less sense of a community. Or the communities could be worse. France is a much bigger country than the UK too.

Some people on here make it sound like its a widespread issue. I agree its an issue that needs to be solved, but its certainly widespread. I certainly don't agree with the brotherhood bull-crap. That sounds like far-right propaganda to me. Possibly religiously motivated. Its one thing recognizing there's extremism, but completely different if you think it applies to everyone.

Either way, its too late to ban practicing religion now, so I guess the only chance of cracking down on these extremist idiots is to police mosques. That probably involves recruiting Muslim officers who are also against extremism themselves.
    Last edited by antifootball; 24-08-2020 at 08:56 PM.

"there may be, but it still doesn't address the other part of my statement you quoted which is the language.
    Also, giving population figures doesn't really tell a story of community. You could have more people in a country spread out, with less sense of a community. Or the communities could be worse. France is a much bigger country than the UK too."

Just stands to reason to me, if you want to live in a Muslim community, a country with 6 million Muslims must be a better bet than one with 2.6 million Muslims. It's perverse to suggest otherwise.

As most of the immigrants come from Middle Eastern and North African countries, I've no idea why you would think more of them speak English then French. French is spoken widely in many of those countries.

"there may be, but it still doesn't address the other part of my statement you quoted which is the language.
    Also, giving population figures doesn't really tell a story of community. You could have more people in a country spread out, with less sense of a community. Or the communities could be worse. France is a much bigger country than the UK too."

Just stands to reason to me, if you want to live in a Muslim community, a country with 6 million Muslims must be a better bet than one with 2.6 million Muslims. It's perverse to suggest otherwise.

As most of the immigrants come from Middle Eastern and North African countries, I've no idea why you would think more of them speak English then French. French is spoken widely in many of those countries.
    Not really, as I said more people doesn't result in better communities. France is more spread out, with people farther apart.

As for English, its the most widely used language in the world. Most people pick up learning it at a young age from popular culture. I'm sure its part of the reason people come here.

There are some reasonable opinions on here, well considered and eloquently put.

If I was sat in the Home Office I would by now have gathered enough empirical evidence to actually know the reason why these migrants want to come and settle here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post
    Not really, as I said more people doesn't result in better communities. France is more spread out, with people farther apart.

As for English, its the most widely used language in the world. Most people pick up learning it at a young age from popular culture. I'm sure its part of the reason people come here.
    There are far larger Muslim communities in Paris and Marseille than any in England, France is indeed a large country, but the Muslim communities tend not to be found in la France profonde. English may well be the most widely spoken language in the world, but the people attempting to enter the UK currently are almost exclusively from North African and Middle Eastern countries, where I believe, although I can't be 100% certain about this, that French is more widely spoken than English. It might also be informative that one of the problems highlighted by government bodies and local authorities tasked with dealing with illegal immigration, is that the majority of them don't speak English. There are often requests/demands for more money to be spent on translators or translation services, which does not go down well with right of centre politicians.

I suspect the real reason they risk life and limb to get here has already been alluded to by BT and Army in posts 43 and 44.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    There are some reasonable opinions on here, well considered and eloquently put.

If I was sat in the Home Office I would by now have gathered enough empirical evidence to actually know the reason why these migrants want to come and settle here in the UK.
    They can’t wait to get over here and join in rousing renditions of Land of Hope & Glory and Rule Britannia. On a serious note I am less than overwhelmed that the Cancel Culture is now turning its attentions to our popular songs.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)