+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Refugees or Illegal immigrants..?

"Cancel Culture"? I'm nicking that outwood!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    They can’t wait to get over here and join in rousing renditions of Land of Hope & Glory and Rule Britannia. On a serious note I am less than overwhelmed that the Cancel Culture is now turning its attentions to our popular songs.
    I've finally had enough Outwood, the BBC want to ban Land of Hope and Glory etc at Last Night of the Proms. I don't watch it so it won't make any difference to me, but it's the culture and thinking behind it that has worn me down. I want to stop paying the Licence Fee but Mrs S refuses to go along with that, she is far too law abiding to even countenance it, so today I'm cancelling the Direct Debit that pays for it, from now on when they want my Licence money they can ask for it, and I'll send them a cheque. It's a small, spiteful gesture on my part, but it makes life a bit more difficult for them, I'd make it an awful lot more difficult if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've finally had enough Outwood, the BBC want to ban Land of Hope and Glory etc at Last Night of the Proms. I don't watch it so it won't make any difference to me, but it's the culture and thinking behind it that has worn me down. I want to stop paying the Licence Fee but Mrs S refuses to go along with that, she is far too law abiding to even countenance it, so today I'm cancelling the Direct Debit that pays for it, from now on when they want my Licence money they can ask for it, and I'll send them a cheque. It's a small, spiteful gesture on my part, but it makes life a bit more difficult for them, I'd make it an awful lot more difficult if I could.
    The Child Bride thinks such talk is beyond outrageous sinkov. Sadly she is glued to every episode of "EastEnders" and of course it's the Beeb who run that sh-it show.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Child Bride thinks such talk is beyond outrageous sinkov. Sadly she is glued to every episode of "EastEnders" and of course it's the Beeb who run that sh-it show.
    No accounting for taste BT, Mrs S can't be doing with Eastenders, won't give it house room, Corrie however is watched assiduously, no episode can be missed, ever. If ever an episode has not recorded, the panic and frenzy until it's located on Catch Up has to be seen to be believed.

No accounting for taste BT, Mrs S can't be doing with Eastenders, won't give it house room, Corrie however is watched assiduously, no episode can be missed, ever. If ever an episode has not recorded, the panic and frenzy until it's located on Catch Up has to be seen to be believed.
    Your comments are mirrored at our house sinkov. The SKY Catch-Up facility had gone AWOL unnoticed and the resulting tearful, temper tantrum had me seriously questioning the Child Bride's sanity.

There are far larger Muslim communities in Paris and Marseille than any in England, France is indeed a large country, but the Muslim communities tend not to be found in la France profonde. English may well be the most widely spoken language in the world, but the people attempting to enter the UK currently are almost exclusively from North African and Middle Eastern countries, where I believe, although I can't be 100% certain about this, that French is more widely spoken than English. It might also be informative that one of the problems highlighted by government bodies and local authorities tasked with dealing with illegal immigration, is that the majority of them don't speak English. There are often requests/demands for more money to be spent on translators or translation services, which does not go down well with right of centre politicians.

I suspect the real reason they risk life and limb to get here has already been alluded to by BT and Army in posts 43 and 44.
    There may be larger communities with more people, but that doesn't make for better communities...as the wife keeps telling me, bigger isn't always better. Either way, its speculation, I was just thinking of a way to answer your original question; why not France?

I think a lot of them will speak English, more so than French. British people are far more accepting in general of those that don't speak English too (well, most) whereas the same can't be said by some French people. I realise France is spoken in some ex-colonies, but so is English too. In the middle east almost certainly they speak more English than French..Africa, it may be a mixed bag depending on the country.

But of course, free healthcare is going to be a big reason to come here...which is why I mentioned 'partly' Who wouldn't want free healthcare? Especially if you're coming from a country where you see a lot of suffering. Its just easy to say its solely down to free healthcare, free benefits etc ticks a nice big box to those reading the Daily Express with their agenda check boxes.

As 59_60 says, to look at it positively, and for those that come here who generally offer a lot to the country, filling jobs, paying taxes, being law abiding citizens etc its a compliment and a positive thing they want to come to the UK and is a compliment to us, as a country. Immigration is crucial to the growth of a country, and we wouldn't be who we are today if it wasn't for it.

I think the bigger problem is just sorting out these **** countries where these people feel the need to flee from to begin with. Make those places safer places to live and people won't want to leave. As for accepting people into this country, I've said it before and I'll say it again, they should be willing to have to give up their culture in favour of more familar western culture. Its integral for them to do that to mix better in society. Without this its just a nightmare to police those bad eggs.

More mixing into society will make for less terrorism, as will defeating the source of terror in the middle east. The lack of integration between one person and the next is the biggest cause of issues in my opinion, the USA is most guilty of this, and look at race relations there.

EDIT* to give you an idea of how overblown perception of benefits are to those insular in a country. When I moved to the USA (my wife is American) we had all kinds of issues living in a largely conservative area with people accepting me. A common occurance when I am introduced into conversations is that the reason I am trying to come here isn't because of her, but because I want to steal benefits...and this is from a country that has less benefits than the UK...now I'm from the UK and I'm white..imagine how much worse that would be if you are from another country and instead of white, you're dark. I'm sure benefits and free healthcare is a real boon for people coming to the UK, but its not the only reason.
    Last edited by antifootball; 25-08-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Anti:
    I certainly don't agree with the brotherhood bull-crap.

If you will take a look at '' Muslim Brotherhood'',you will find ''The movement's self-stated aim is the establishment of a state ruled by Sharia law–its most famous slogan worldwide being: "Islam is the solution".
    The Brotherhood's English-language website describes its principles as including firstly the introduction of the Islamic Sharia as "the basis for controlling the affairs of state and society" and secondly, working to unify "Islamic countries and states, mainly among the Arab states, and liberate them from foreign imperialism"
    The Muslim Brotherhood is a transnational organisation as opposed to a political party, but its members have created political parties in several countries, such as the Islamic Action Front in Jordan, Hamas in Gaza and the West Bank, and the former Freedom and Justice Party in Egypt.

As of 2015, it is considered a terrorist organisation by the governments of Bahrain, Egypt, Russia, Syria, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

https://www.standwithus.com/factshee...im-brotherhood

• The Muslim Brotherhood’s goal is to turn the world into a theocratic empire. The Brotherhood, founded in Egypt in 1928, is a revolutionary fundamentalist movement to restore the caliphate and strict shariah (Islamist) law in Muslim lands and, ultimately, the world. Today, it has chapters in 80 countries. “It is in the nature of Islam to dominate, not to be dominated, to impose its law on all nations and to extend its power to the entire planet.” —Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna1

• The Brotherhood wants America to fall. In 2010 their Supreme Guide told their followers to be “patient” because America “is heading towards its demise.”2

• Western democracy is “corrupt,” “unrealistic,” and “false,” according to former Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Muhammed Mahdi Akef.3
    • The Brotherhood assassinated Anwar Sadat in 1981 for making peace with Israel.5 It also assassinated Egypt’s prime minister in 1948 and attempted to assassinate President Nasser in 1954.

• The terrorist organisation Hamas is a “wing of the Muslim Brotherhood,” according to the Hamas Charter. The Charter calls for the murder of Jews, the “obliteration” of Israel and its replacement with an Islamist theocracy.

.......and if you want more there is more!!

Oh I know all about that Balan, I just know the difference between your average Muslim compared to one with terrorist motivations.

The myth that's created by right wing media that every Muslim holds the same belief is nothing but horrible fascist propaganda not do different to the propaganda aimed against Jews in WW2.

Frankly put, it's *******s and applies only to a small proportion of the total population.

Theres no denying if anyone holds extreme beliefs, be they of any religion then it's certainly an issue that needs to be resolved, and I'm not aiming this at you (I'm not sure what you believe, I don't know you) but those who think something as a whole and Muslims wanting to take over is just daft.

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post
    Oh I know all about that Balan, I just know the difference between your average Muslim compared to one with terrorist motivations.

The myth that's created by right wing media that every Muslim holds the same belief is nothing but horrible fascist propaganda not do different to the propaganda aimed against Jews in WW2.

Frankly put, it's *******s and applies only to a small proportion of the total population.

Theres no denying if anyone holds extreme beliefs, be they of any religion then it's certainly an issue that needs to be resolved, and I'm not aiming this at you (I'm not sure what you believe, I don't know you) but those who think something as a whole and Muslims wanting to take over is just daft.
    Agreed re the propaganda Anti but my question is this if and when push comes to shove on the back of all the terrorist radicalised idiots , which side do you think the decent Muslims will take , the whites and Christianity or allah and their own people.

Just a thought ?

All I know is sh-it like this should not be happening to any person living in the United Kingdom...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...pinionuk_email

What has happened to us?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)