+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oli McBurnie attacks young Sheff Wed fan (allegedly)

Oli McBurnie attacks young Sheff Wed fan (allegedly)

Sheff Utd have launched a full investigation into what appears to be Oli McBurnie attacking a Sheff Weds fan having being called out. It looks like McBurnie but not 100% it's him hence the allegedly point.

If true he's history. He should be big enough to walk away from confrontation like that.

It’s not him

He boots the phone, Mc Burnie would miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    He should be big enough to walk away from confrontation like that.
    Yes, but let's admit it, there's something extremely pleasurable in seeing a young scrote giving it the big "I am" getting his comeuppance

That picture looks like the opening scene of Snatch as bullet tooth Tony is about to shut the car door on someone’s head

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s not him

He boots the phone, Mc Burnie would miss it
    I agree Grist, cos if that's mcburnie he would get off any charges just by claiming he rarely hits the target, so he's going to play for us next season lol.

If that ref we had at Barnsley looks at it he'll probably recommend him for a public service award.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes, but let's admit it, there's something extremely pleasurable in seeing a young scrote giving it the big "I am" getting his comeuppance
    Indeed. If you listen carefully you hear someone say take your lad home. I hope he s.hit himself and learns from his actions.

Latest news:

A 24-year-old man has been arrested after a video emerged on social media appearing to show Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie in an altercation with some young men.

In the video, a man is seen stamping on the phone he is being filmed on, before fighting with another man.

North Yorkshire Police said that "a 24-year-old man" had been "arrested in connection with an incident which involved another man being assaulted".

He remains in custody.

The police statement added: "The 21-year-old victim sustained facial injuries during the incident, which happened shortly before 8.30pm on Saturday, 8 May on High Street in Knaresborough."

Sheffield United had said on Monday that they were "aware" of the video and were "investigating".