+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Livingston match thread etc

Another 3 points and more signs of progress
    Will settle for that

Wow - six points and two of the longest 90mins I've seen. Time to persuade the chairman for one last dip into the pocket and get a left wing-back, sticking our most creative player at left-back doesn't make sense.

Someone said earlier. 2-0 up, starting to play well, and we go all game management $hit. FFS, have the balls to let your players play football.

Fair enough, 3 points, but that should’ve been a lot easier at 2-0 up.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Wow - six points and two of the longest 90mins I've seen. Time to persuade the chairman for one last dip into the pocket and get a left wing-back, sticking our most creative player at left-back doesn't make sense.
    But where will Andy play ?

Do you really think giving Deek money is going to improve us, he nearly phucked it against Livi at home when 2-0 up.

Money isnt the problem, its our managers attitude towards games.

He needs binned.

Well, on the face of it we're making progress. If we can just play with a bit more confidence then hopefully the brighter spells will last longer, they certainly need to, as we seem to spend long periods completely uninspired. Fitness may start to help. 6 points from 2 games obviously crucial, but the signs of improvement more important.

Thought Watkins did well, fair play to him. Looking forward to seeing him play again. Unlucky not to score. Ferguson much more like his normal self. McCrorie did well again. Kennedy caused problems. I thought McGeouch showed signs of what he can bring (energy, bite). There's definitely potential in the team, which is what makes some of what we're seeing so hard to swallow.

The big downside was Wright being taken off just when it looked like we had them on the back foot. Totally unnecessary game management as Wright didn't appear to be injured or struggling for fitness. Confidence players surely need to be left on the park when they're having a good game.

Good result, given everything that has been going on. Some patches of decent football followed by some dodgy game management.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Well, on the face of it we're making progress. If we can just play with a bit more confidence then hopefully the brighter spells will last longer, they certainly need to, as we seem to spend long periods completely uninspired. Fitness may start to help. 6 points from 2 games obviously crucial, but the signs of improvement more important.

Thought Watkins did well, fair play to him. Looking forward to seeing him play again. Unlucky not to score. Ferguson much more like his normal self. McCrorie did well again. Kennedy caused problems. I thought McGeouch showed signs of what he can bring (energy, bite). There's definitely potential in the team, which is what makes some of what we're seeing so hard to swallow.

The big downside was Wright being taken off just when it looked like we had them on the back foot. Totally unnecessary game management as Wright didn't appear to be injured or struggling for fitness. Confidence players surely need to be left on the park when they're having a good game.
    Agree with most of that, but not impressed by Kennedy from what I saw of him in second half. Easily manhandled off the ball and seemed to lack confidence to take on players. Also, Ash Taylor is a competent defender but every punted clearance he made went to a Livvy player and that allowed them to start another attack.

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Agree with most of that, but not impressed by Kennedy from what I saw of him in second half. Easily manhandled off the ball and seemed to lack confidence to take on players. Also, Ash Taylor is a competent defender but every punted clearance he made went to a Livvy player and that allowed them to start another attack.
    Ash is a good defender. Tall, strong and when simply defending, is decent. His distribution however is shocking. You could almost see the Livy players today pressing all our defence, apart from Taylor. They seemed happy when he got the ball.

Considine will be getting binned when manager hears about his criticising game management McGeouch substitution.
    It was refreshing to hear that even the players don’t like his negative game management tactics. I am normally a critic of Considine but I will say he came across well on the commentary and said what he thought.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast